The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Darkstone
Fenon
6 posters

Minecraft.

Fenon
    Fenon

Minecraft. - Page 10 Empty Re: Minecraft.

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:48 pm

I thought today (While sitting on the loo playing LBP on PSP), I wonder if anyone has made a Minecraft level in Little Big Planet, so I looked it up and someone made a really good level.

I was hoping someone would have made an Earthworm Jim level were to launch the cow at the start and when you get to the end the cow lands on you. There is an Earthworm Jim level but it's not very good.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:28 pm

I think when John Smiths texture pack is updated I'm going to do a little editing of it, I'm going to remove it's sun and moon first, I like the original sun and moon much better they fit in with the world. I might also try changing the break animation over to something else, then the texture pack will be just about perfect.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:00 pm

There is a total conversion mod called Evil Minecraft coming out, which looks really interesting. Their website is like the Offical site but with an evil take on it. It changes Minecraft to be more sinister, a nightmare version.

I've not used any mods so far but I think I'll use this one.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:28 pm

My new seed. Very Happy

Minecraft. - Page 10 2011-07-18_175531
    Minecraft. - Page 10 2011-07-18_191528
    Minecraft. - Page 10 2011-07-18_191600
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Pretty sweet seed, what did you use to make it, or can't you say?

I'm trying to make a lift at the moment, it's going ok at the moment, if you want to go up one floor, I'm concerned that my wiring and piston resetting isn't going to work for anything higher than that. Also if I add it into a house, half the house will be wiring for the lift. I've seen good systems that do work for however many floors you like but they are either slow and a bit ugly or fast but not really a true lift.

Piston doors are really cool, I made my first one today (And destroyed it to test the lift) and I could just sit and watch it up and close for hours.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 pm

I think the seed was "retro dads new world".
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:02 am

Damn it my Minecraft just blue screened again, I thought that had stopped now that it's full screen. Balls.

I wish I knew what was causing it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:02 am

I started a new world and got a snowy one as well, not as nice as yours though and it's very flat, think I might find a good flat area and make a castle, when that gets covered in snow it should look pretty awesome, I might make the walls super thick and leave any creeper damage there, and also use pistons to do stuff, though I won't have any slime to make the useful pistons which will suck, but getting enough stone to make the castle will take forever anyway, so I should find some by then.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Just watch this it's good and gets better as it goes along.

Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:49 pm

I’m speechless I really don’t know what to say abut that, other than some people have to much time on there hands and that guys voice really gets on my nerves. Mad

Found a backup save for my old world, with fenotower under construction. Very Happy
    And found gta save too so I didn’t loose much afterall.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Fenon wrote:Just watch this it's good and gets better as it goes along.

woow that is friggin awesome.what an insane idea lol yeah unbelievable
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:03 pm

I want to know how they got to the edge of the world that Minecraft renders, it's supposed to be 4 times the surface of the earth, and I don't think it will take 12 hours to walk that. I suppose they could have used that fast flying mod and maybe edited it to go even faster.

I surprised really at the quality of everything considering they have so much stuff I would have expected a lot but mostly crap. The Rivendall valley was the best thing, I have no idea how they did that all by hand, it's insane. I doubt they will ever actually get around to RPing on that server. You would need over 1000 people just in the shire to fill all those houses.

Yeah I know what you mean Vis that guys voice got on my nerves a bit as well. There were a few little things which I might take on board for my world, but for the most part there isn't much I would copy, I mean the grandness of everything is nice but for one person it would be awful to try and get around any of those places, most of the video was them walking to another place.

Looking forward to seeing that tower Vis, and I wouldn't mind seeing what Nine is up to. I'm going to make a large castle with some fairly grand things in it and I'm going to try and use pistons as much as I can, I'm in a snow world so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it will all look under snow. And I want a swimming pool outside so I'm going to need to keep it heated or it will freeze over. I've got a lot of cobble stone but I want the wall to be 5 blocks thick at least so I'm going to use all of it real quick before I get to the inside. I also want an underground garden, it will have a glass roof and I think that glass will make up the courtyard. I'm going to have trouble finding the things I need and I have to admit I'm tempted to cheat and use the world editor, but so far I'm resisting, I just need so much bloody slime to do what I want to do.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Since I'm in a snow area, I'm thinking I'll use ice instead of glass as the roof to my underground garden, I just hope it lets enough light in for trees etc to ground, it should do. The only other problem with that is that I'm going to have fire around so it might melt.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Damn ok ice isn't clear enough to let enough light in for things to grow, actually it's pretty dark. It's a shame because looking up at the bottom of the ice looked amazing, from the top down not so good, I'll have to use ice as a roof for something it looks too good not to be used.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:07 pm

ARSE!!! Blue screened and my worlds Biome has changed! It's no longer a snow area. I need something that lets me change biomes.

I was going to upload some screens of my new project but I'm too depressed about it now, I'm going to start backing up my worlds...
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Fen are you sure your case isn't overheating? that would give you bsd.

btw CandyCraft texture pack is hilarious. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

These were from my sons world.
    Minecraft. - Page 10 2011-07-24_193837
    Minecraft. - Page 10 2011-07-24_194224
    Minecraft. - Page 10 2011-07-24_200603

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:16 am

I don't think I'll be using that texture pack but it's pretty cool.

I just had the GPU fan control thing up and the GPU stays at around 82c-83c which I think is fairly normal (That was after about 10 mins playing).

Something I missed out which I think is quite important, I don't know how I could have forgotten but when the PC blue screens it freezes, usually at around 70% physical memory dump, 20% and even 0% last time (A few minutes ago). I think it's the really low %'s that cause the biome's to get messed up. I'm guessing it shouldn't be freexing when it's on blue screen.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:30 am

Ok so I was keeping an eye on my CPU and RAM usage guage as well as the temps of the GPU.

I just blue screened again and the last time I looked at those things they were:

CPU usage 16%

RAM usage 42%

GPU 79c - 82c

There's nothing there I would think thats really causing my PC any trouble. I wish I knew how hot my CPU is but I can't imagine it's that hot.

EDIT: I just did a clean install, it was one of the suggestions on the forum, but that was for game crashes it didn't say anything about blue screens, worth a try anyway.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:03 am

Ok well there has been some change, the CPU usage is 14% -15% and the RAM usage is 37%. Not much difference I grant you but maybe it's the difference between working game and blue screen.

My game did crash just now but it was just the game not my whole PC (The game did crash rarely in my last install but it was mostly blue screens).

The message said something like "Java binary stopped working".
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:34 am

Make sure your Java is 64 bit compatible, the self install downloads are generally 32 bit so go to the java site and select the correct one. Soz if I was a home I could tell you exactly which one and were to go.

I use Speedfan to keep an eye on all my temps including CPU. Just google it.

I know a gpu should be fine at 80c but mine hardly gets above 70 and for minecraft it’s low 60’s with all fans whisper quiet.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:48 am

I think the 460 is a very cool card, the 480 could heat your house and the 570 is a 480 but a bit cooler. That could be the reason for the heat, I did download the 64 bit version but I'll try again and see if it does anything.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Update 1.8 looks huge and amazing, it also seems that Minecraft is now being inspired by Terraria, not sure if I like that. Minecraft is also getting some Rougelike (Only heard about this kind of game recently, played things like them though) elements like leveling (No idea how thats going to work in Minecraft) and permadeath. I think those features are all for the new Adventure mode and hopefully not survival. Combat is being changed as well, I believe your hit strength changes based on different factors and you can charge your bow up for a more powerful strike (Or something).

I decided I want to build a room for fighting monsters, I'm going to edit in monster spawners and put them in rooms with piston doors, the monsters will spawn in the rooms and it's upto the player to decide how bad ass they are, they can open one room at a time or open any number of them at once making it so much harder for them. I might see if I can make a piston switch to raise lights to stop the spawners working to cut down the noise. I'll also build it deep underground and with thick stone walls so that creeper explosions don't do too much damage and obsidian in places so I know how to fix it, I don't want obsidian everywhere because it's more fun when stuff breaks, I may even put a lava pit under the stone so you have to be careful when the ground gets blown up.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Still pretty depressed about my worlds biomes being messed up, but I'm going to continue to build my world and hope that someone makes something to edit biomes.

Here are some screens of my still very much unfinished underground garden.

This is the roof of the garden or more accurately the courtyard of my castle:

Minecraft. - Page 10 20110724135548

This is a screen I took just after I finished digging out the area under the other screen, I dug all of it by hand, though I used Diamond pickaxes, I had quite a lot of diamond but I did cheat in some more using the editor, I can't remember at what point I did that. I didn't really want to waste time digging for more diamond so that I could come back here and dig more. And yes I was tempted just to used the editor and delete the space, glad I didn't but I'm sick of digging now.

Minecraft. - Page 10 20110724135615

Here's the latest screen, please ignore the dark area in the back I've just covered that part of the expanded area with cobble stone and I've not yet put in the windows to let light in, I'm not really sure how I want it to be yet. I've put in some landscape features and I've expanded the area, it felt too small. The point of this underground garden is that it's an oasis in the snow covered desert and a place with life in the cold and hard castle which I'll build sometime.

Minecraft. - Page 10 20110725225107
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:02 am

Very Nice fen, I've not played properly for ages, to busy fiddling with oblivion at the moment it seams to have taken over all my free time.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:39 pm

So far I've not had any more blue screens! And yeah I know saying that is a sure fire way to get a blue screen next time I play.

My plan is now not to wait till someone creates a way to change biomes, but to actually dig up and move my castle to a new snow covered world. I'm going to use the editors import function and move the entire thing to a new world. Just need to do some tests before I try and move the real thing to work out how it works.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:47 am