The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Darkstone
Fenon
6 posters

Minecraft.

Fenon
    Fenon

Minecraft. - Page 11 Empty Re: Minecraft.

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Uggh, trying to find a snow world to transplant my castle into, but everytime I find a really good snow area which loads of flat land I go around the corner or over a hill and there's bloody grass, I want the snow to go on nearly forever, it would be a bit silly to build a castle in the snow right next to a warm area... "Come over here where it's nice and warm." "No, no I'll stay here in my cold lifeless castle thank you and freeze my butt off." Doesn''t make sense.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Arse I thought everything was fine now, I just had another blue screen. It is quite hot in here right now, I hope thats the only reason for it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:45 am

3 times tonight it blue screen, I tried searching for "A clock interupt was not received on a secondary processor witin the allocated time interval" (It was part of the blue screen message) The first few things I read said there is a fault with a piece of hardware in your PC but it will be hard to work out what so you'll likely need to replace most of it's parts... I think those were wrong others I've read say it's dew to CPU overheating or a driver problem. I think those are more likely since it's pretty hot in the room and it's just suddenly started blue screening. I'll take a look at the insides of my PC tomorrow and try and give it a clean. I'll see about getting another fan as well. Might put some more thermal paste on the CPU as well.

My castles going well, I found a fairly decent snow world and have moved it there. The walls of my castles keep are 5 blocks thick so it's a good think I have 7 boxes full of cobble stone, but I don't think that will be enough, maybe it will be for the keep but the outer walls may well need a lot more.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Hmm ok I used that program you suggested Vis to get the temps, the CPU stayed at about 57c going up to 60c, thats what it was like when I was playing the whole time and when I just blue screened (Lost my new snow biome as well so I'll have to move to a new world again) it was still 57c. I think the room temperature went up though quite a bit because earlier I thought it was fine, but I'm sweeting a bit now (Not much). AUX and NB are a little warm, I don't know what they are.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

SpeedFan has a temp for all for cores on mine even though 2 are virtue, but they never get any higher than 38 – 40 when under stress.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:27 pm

I just did some googling to try and find what kind of temperatures are normal for an i7 950, most people say that 70c is fine for 1366 socket cpu's, they run hotter than others. And the overheating shut down is around 90c to 100c and I'm not near that. I think the CPU temperature is find crap, what could the problem be? I'll try installing Java again see if that helps.

I hate PC's man it's suck a pain in the ass finding out whats wrong with them.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Fen, is your cpu overclocked ? if so try restoring it to standard settings through the Bios, also if you have multiple sticks of Ram try running with 1 for a while then swop them around.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:38 pm

It is overlocked, no idea how to it all works and I'm affraid to mess around with it and the Bio's. I bought the CPU pre-overclocked.

I've downloaded Java 64, I guess I'll try playing with a warm room and see if it still blue screens.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:06 pm

I haven't checked to see if my PC will still blue screen, not played Minecraft, not played anything actually for the last few days. I'm going to make TEW more playable by fixing the matches and angles so they are smaller and more useful to me. I might try playing Minecraft tomorrow if it's hot enough to cause my pc trouble.

Ok back to Minecraft, I've noticed something with a fair few Minecraft videos, there are a lot of guys with stereotypical nerd voices, i.e. lisps. I don't mind that I just thought it was a bit odd.

Here's not the best example, I find this guy quite hard to listen to:

I think it's pretty cool that you can build an actual computer inside of Minecraft. I don't know what you would actually use it for like most of these projects, but as an exercise it's interesting.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm

I think it's time I started using mods.

I have been waiting for a mod that allows you to make something and then let that something fly and now that has been added with the Zeppelin mod, anything connected to the control panel which is a certain type of block in a certain range gets made into a flying object. So you could make a Skies of Arcadia style ship and fly around the world, you could even use the mod which makes a floating island map. I might leave that mod for a little while, since it's still a WiP. I could then make floating islands etc and be able to get upto them. I see this mod being refined and added to the vanilla game.

There is also a clay soldier mod thats just a bit of fun, they are just little guys that fight each other and can be upgraded and given perks. I don't think they attack mobs I think they just attack each other. You can make arena's and watch them go at it.

There is also the GLSL Shaders Mod, it's a really interesting mod that addes good visual effects to the game like depth of field and extra movement animations to grass etc. Those are the only shaders I really want, but there are more. Bump mapping is ok but I don't think it looks good in this game.

Here are some examples of the shader mod.

This is where I found out about the mod, I thought they did the video in something else, not Minecraft.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

Found a mod that makes using red stone a bit easier, I guess. It's a wireless red stone transmitter and reciever there are a few reasons why this is awesome.

Pros.

1, no more need for massive amounts of wiring.

2, you can control which direction the current is sent in, so you can compact more stuff into a smaller area without it causing problems.

3, I believe you can send a signal to multiple recievers, if thats turn it will be easier to get things to work at the same time.

Cons.

1, You loss some of the satisfaction of getting the red stone to work.

Oh that GLSL Shader mod has stopped being worked on till the game is fully released. There is an unoffical mod but I've read that doesn't work well.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:22 am

Ok I've installed that wireless redstone mod, it's pretty cool.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Bugger me, ok I thought I'd try one of the custom made worlds which is supposed to be "hard" but being a hardcore gamer I though "pfffft yeah right easy more like". So I downloaded the game save called "Super Hostile - The Black Desert" I was expecting the ground to be made out of obsidian but no it is sand it's just that the sky is nearly completely blacked out, except for a few small area's. So monsters are around all the time, Ok fine I can deal with a few monsters, there's no matterials that I can see and you are given nothing thats good to kill with. I can use my hands though, I mean I'm a kung fu guy, there are traps, exploding traps, the place that you spawn is sand walls with TNT placed in the sand (You could remove them thanks to the update, lame update, but I left them because it's not in the spirit of the thing), ok maybe it's no so easy...
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Ok well I didn't do too well in the Black Sands, so I thought I'd try Canopy Carnage, I'd watched a few videos of that on the Yogscast where they resorted to cheating of the highest level using God Mode, they got a lot of flack for that and they stopped uploading the videos of it. I can see why they gave into the temptation to use it, these maps are intense, I just got slaughtered trying to get into a tree that had 3 spawners in it, at least 1 was a Creeper spawner and at least one was a Skeletal Archer spawned, I've say two since there were more Skellington than Creepers. I was playing on hard so Creepers can one hit me with no armour (Maybe even with armour...) and Skellingtons do at least 4 hearts damage. There were always around 3 or 4 Skellingtons and 2 Creepers so if I was lucky enough to make it to my stuff, I'd die as soon as I picked up the last bit. Then I'd have the mad rush to get back before it vanishes. I did eventually get the spawners after many many deaths.

Canopy Carnage looks amazing when you start it, it's raining and night time. I had some thunder and lightning which in a forest world could get very interesting if the tree's catch light. By the way if you decide to try this map I warn you your computer will struggle, because of all of the leafs and that the world goes right down to bed rock and the sky is just full of massive tree's, I didn't take it seriously that the guy said he didn't think any computer could run this game on Far and Fancy settings and I think now that he might be right, maybe something insane like 2-4 GTX 590's and those motherboards with 2 CPU's, but nothing that normal people would buy can handle this in the more built up parts of the jungle (Mine stuttered, it was still playable but I didn't want laggy game play).

I have to restart anyway, I was just about to place my hard earned iron block from that 3 spawner tree onto the victory monument when a Creeper walked up to me and exploded in my face, killing me and detroying the monument. I respawned and limply put the block roughly in the right place.

Kind of says it all getting blown up just before you finish your task in an area thats supposed to be safe.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Oh my goodness I am in love with the Sunburst Islands custome map, it's so well made. I've found the other Super Hostile maps a little frustrating to play so I thought I'd give this one a go, it's supposed to be "easy" don't let that fool you, it isn't easy. It is however easier than the other Super Hostile maps, I've been playing on peaceful for far too long I'm really out of shape when it comes to combat, I figure I'll train on this one and move up to the harder ones later.

The first dungeon is easy and short, the second is hard and is right next to the first, it fact I didn't realise I was in a different dungeon until I had been in there a few times, I beat the second dungeon, but it's still too dangerous for me in there, I had to sneak through it. The third is easier than the second, sort of anyway, I won't tell you why because it's a really cool idea.

I haven't found the fourth dungeon yet, but I did find the seventh and it is 100% bad ass, it's easy so far but there is a real threat to it, I'm curious about the last room and a bit afraid.

This is well worth playing if you guys are still interested in Minecraft, it's challenging and completely different from the normal game.

Here's the link to the topic with his maps:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-ctmcollection-%e2%98%a0-vechs-super-hostile-series-%e2%98%a0-01-out/
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am

Heh I thought I had control of dungeon 5, no what was a controlled move and secure mission is now a hornets nest of monsters in craters. I've no idea how I'm going to regain control, I don't have the resources to do it really, and even if I did it would be a waste as I die so fast at the moment I'm fighting waves of monsters with my bare hands. I've made a fairly easy dungeon very hard.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:36 am

I can't believe it I completed Dungeon 5! I died about 100 times but I finally did it. By a stroke of luck the one area I didn't completely destroy lead to the place where the end of the dungeon reward was, I've never been so happy to see a block of wool! I also took a break from 5 and found 4, which was the easiest dungeon so far but it did have the potential to be harder if I messed it up, it was also very short. It's very rewarding when you place the hard earned wool on the victory monument.

I have no freaking idea where dungeon 6 is, I'm tempted to google it and find a map of Sunburst Islands.

EDIT: My bad the islands called Sunburn Islands, thats what happens when you eye's ain't 100% perfect and you are reading something tiny on the screen from quite far away.

EDIT 2: Ok I googled, turns out I knew where dungeon 6 was it just looked like a more advanced dungeon and it's a real pain in the butt to get into.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:53 am

There's a way to increase the amount of RAM Minecraft uses, I think at base it uses 1gb of RAM (You can see in the top right corner of the F3 scanner thing), you can set the RAM to whatever you like with this as long as you have enough.

64bit Java:

32bit Java:

I noticed my game was getting close to the maxium amount of RAM the game allows, I don't know if thats the reason for the blue screen, or if this will help me.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 am

Well a trailer for the 1.8 update which is a big update to the game. I think it must be coming out either this or next week.

I'm not sure if I'm happy about the update, I was hoping they were making the Adventure update into it's own mode, people were calling it Adventure Mode, I thought they were going to have Creative, Survival and Adventure modes in the update, but no Survival mode is kind of gone, well it's still there but it's not going to be the same any more, I guess thats the problem with buying a game while it's still in development the game you grow to love changes. I'm glad they are giving you the option to turn village spawning off (At least thats what one guy told me, so I don't know for sure) because that would ruin it a bit for me, I'd have to scout the area I wanted to build in and burn their villages to the ground (Cooked pork chops).
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 pm

My sons been banging on about this update for ages he was hoping it would come out during the school holls as when schools on his only allowed to game at weekends, (Ha what a wicked parent I am Twisted Evil )

I haven’t played Minecraft for a long time not that I don’t love it but it kinda began to feel a bit aimless, ok I could have built a mega metropolis but what was the point, at least with an adventure mode it gives you something else to do. But I agree it should be split into an individual game.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:34 am

Minecraft 1.8 was leaked and the good people at Mojang said hey ok it's been leaked we aren't going to punish you for installing it, infact here it is download it from the offical forum. If you find any bugs let us know.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/611468-want-to-play-18-early-heres-how/

I like that, they don't try to kill all the leaks and hide that it happened, they just accept it and carry on, not that it really matters much it's supposed to be released on Monday anyway.

Not sure I agree with clouds being the limit to how high you can build, I liked having clouds flow through my buildings (I'm going to need to see whats happened to my world with the tower, that might be screwed up now.

Lighting effects look amazing now, they give the game more atmosphere.

Dungeons are dangerous, not because of mobs (My game was in peaceful I don't know what they are like) but because the one I was in, well every direction looked exactly the same and it was huge. You can of course just dig up.

Can't really say what the rest of the game was like, my PC blue screened. I need to call someone in to fix it so bad.

Aww you've got to be kidding me, health regens on hard, thats not hard then is it. Don't like that.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 am

Personally I think they have over engineered it, I liked it the way it was.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah I'm not too happy about it, there are some good things but a lot of stuff that isn't good as well. I think Notch was inspired by Terraria, since it's just after that game came out that he started making changes that make Minecraft more like that game. Like I said if they had made a different mode that was like that I would have been perfectly happy with the changes, it's the fact that they have messed up survival mode that bothers me. The more the other updates added to the game while keeping the same feel (Beds made night too easy but other than that, well sheep punching being made void killed a bit of the character as well) this update has changed the game too much.

I'm hoping that someone makes a mod that can give the game back it's old feel.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 am

Ok the Regenerating health thing might actually make the game harder, I've played a bit more of the 1.8 prerelease and food no longer gives you health, now if your hunger bar isn't full you can't regen health. Food just fills your tummy. That means healthing is slow you can't just nosh on some pigman rump to instantly fill your health any more. Don't know if you can on easier settings, maybe also on easier setting the hunger bar doesn't need to be completely full, I've not checked so that is just a guess.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Slight problem with Minecraft, I'm having trouble with my old worlds. Whenever I play them, after a while I go to a saving blocks screen, I think it's because of the blacked out chests, not really sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:51 pm