The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Darkstone
Fenon
6 posters

Minecraft.

Darkstone
    Darkstone

Minecraft. - Page 3 Empty Re: Minecraft.

Post by Darkstone Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 pm

*cough* ................
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Yes Fen it retextures leather and Iron anyway.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 am

I'll give it another look now, I wanted to give it a bit of time so that the mods that they suggest using with it had time to be updated as well.

Just did something stupid, I forgot to hold shift and walked straight into a lake of lava, didn't have a lot of good stuff on me really so it was kind of ok.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 pm

This is amazing Shocked

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Pffft you think thats good, look at my first house!

Minecraft. - Page 3 20110318134755

If your mind isn't already completely blown, here's my tree house to finish your mind off.

Minecraft. - Page 3 20110321231041

Minecraft. - Page 3 20110321231126

It's big, I don't know about amazing, I think if I made that I would be depressed, even more so if it was just to play offline.

Skip to 4:24 to see a quite nice looking Cathedral.

This is freakish, I think its made in the free version of the game but even if it is it's still amazing. Skip to 6:37 to see it.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 pm

Some jaw dropping creations there, I had no idea that sort of thing was possible, but the big question….

How do you go about getting into servers with huge populations like that one with the city?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:19 am

I was looking for an online server to play in and found a thing with server prices.

For 75 people it costs £108.38 a month for 100 people it costs £151.50 a month. For 10 people it's £7.50 a month. The nice thing is you can pick the exact number of people you want so you don't have to pay for the extra people.

Here is the website I got those prices from http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/mc-minecraft/ there are more in a topic on the offical forums, it says they are approved hosts and a mod on the forum looks to have made the topic http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1027&t=239754&sid=49d1fe2b41f21ed457a28cc8f2e8242d
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:34 am

Heres a few of my fortified home I`m in the process of making.

Minecraft. - Page 3 2011-04-06_022605

Minecraft. - Page 3 2011-04-06_022633

Minecraft. - Page 3 2011-04-06_022656

Minecraft. - Page 3 2011-04-06_022740

Minecraft. - Page 3 2011-04-06_022803
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:27 am

Darkstone wrote:Well,I really wanted to like this but......well its not for me.I`ll give it another go sometime maybe.
    lol! lol! lol!
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:41 am

Thing is I would get this if I knew we could share the experience and walk around others worlds, its just a pity it doesn’t do peer to peer.

I do know a small group of people who were sharing an 8 player server, and split the cost, the more peeps signed up the cheaper it was, they did have spaces to fill but I don’t even no if the server is sill active, I could look into it if there is intrest, but it would require a paypal account.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 am

Nice, do you get a problem with cows etc, spawning in your court yard? I used to get tonnes of the gits spawning in mine.

I've taken some screens of my unfinished bridge, it works but I want to make it look more interesting. I'll upload them later can't be arsed right now.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 am

Visage wrote:Thing is I would get this if I knew we could share the experience and walk around others worlds, its just a pity it doesn’t do peer to peer.

I do know a small group of people who were sharing an 8 player server, and split the cost, the more peeps signed up the cheaper it was, they did have spaces to fill but I don’t even no if the server is sill active, I could look into it if there is intrest, but it would require a paypal account.

On the offical forum there is a forum for people that are hosting servers, we could all try and get into one of those, some ask you to pay to play and I think others are free, you just have to apply for them to add you to their white list and obey whatever rules they have.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 am

Fen your putting a lot into Minecraft are you playing it instead of Shogun? is it really THAT good?

I’m very tempted or more like curios to see what the fuss is about, if we could get on the same server that would sell it to me.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 am

Visage wrote:Fen your putting a lot into Minecraft are you playing it instead of Shogun? is it really THAT good?

I’m very tempted or more like curios to see what the fuss is about, if we could get on the same server that would sell it to me.

I am playing instead on Shogun 2, is it that good, hmm well I think it's a mixture of things mostly Shogun 2 requires hours of play at a time, it's not really something you jump in and out of, nothing you do is quick, Minecraft you can play for a bit and quit at any time, I've not had the motivation to dedicate a long time to playing. I also suffered a bit moral drop when my Ninja was killed in Shogun 2 and have found it a bit hard to want to play, I've taken revenge for that Ninjas death though. Minecraft is a more relaxing game as well, I enjoy creating but it also has heart stopping moments. I'm also going to be playing Shogun 2 for years to come, I played it a lot over the first few days so I got a lot of play out of it already.

Dark and myself could try and get into the same server if you'd like and if we both get in there's a good chance you could as well.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:53 pm

UP to you two, I'll probably end up getting it anyway, but being on the same server would be the icing on the cake.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm

I say if that happens the first thing we do is make a pub called the Ragol Arms.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Phew I've been exploring the cave under my bridge and it's another massive one, I've been in it for hours now and I hardly even know the area around the little safe haven I made at the entrance, the deeper areas are all snaked together so I think I'm going going really deep in and then I end up at an area that was just to the left of where I started. I got a bit lost once but a creeper blew up and flooded the cave with sea water, I was completely in the dark and confused for a while but it helped me get out of the cave with the mass of iron I had and get safely home with it.

I'm finding loads of iron at the moment but this place is so deadly I'm having to use all the iron I find to make armour to continue exploring the caves.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 am

Well I got it lastnight, kinda wish I hadn't, as it black screens on me after a few minutes, I’m running the latest 64bit Java and distance it set to normal so I’m at a loss at what to do.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:32 am

Ah hmmm I think there were some other solutions to black screen problems when I was looking to fix mine, you might want to google or go onto their offical forum for tech help.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Any luck Pops?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Aye I downloaded a fix, So far so good.

A bit confused to start with, so I've put it on peaceful until I get the hang it, and I've already installed the texture pack Stony recommended.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Getting confused and being scared is all part of the first night. I bricked myself up in that mud house from the screenshot and couldn't find my way out on my first night, decided to start a new world and try again. If your first night goes well you are doing it wrong (Thats what he said).

There are some basic things you can work out for yourself, but it's not likely you'll work out how to make everything without looking at a guide.

I won't bother to ask what your settings are, my laptop can run this game maxed out without any problems (1280 by 1080 since thats it's max screen res). It does look quite a lot different on my laptop compaired to my PC.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:02 am

I have that texture pack as well now, I've been putting it off for no good reason. For the most part it's very good, there are just a few things I don't care for, the first being the block breaking texture, it looks like the guy that made it did it in 2 seconds just using straight lines. The armours are retextures but aren't really that much better than the originals, a few people have made much more interesting armour textures. The glass is ok but I'm not too keen on it. Everything else is very good, maybe the iron blocks could stand out a bit more but you could say that it's more fun to look for them if they are harder to see. Its a good texture pack, I'm going to stick with it for a while. The texture pack I was using before the update wasn't perfect but I think on the whole it was better, things like iron stood out too much really and there were some other things that I don't remember.

I encountered an the worst dungeon so far tonight, there was a skeletal archer spawner way up high with no easy way to get to it, I couldn't even get close enough to try and climb up, the only way I could have destroyed it would have been to take a long trip around to the back and dig up, but it would have been hard to navigate back there. I wanted to get my stuff back so I set it to peaceful for a while, then got greedy and left it off for a while longer, and it's still on.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:17 am

Try JohnSmithMix Fen,it`s based on JohnSmith with a few edits.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:00 am

Ah yep looks to fix the armour complaint, I'll download that. I've seen the Steampunk texture pack in a Yogscast video where they played a Fallout inspired custom map (The map isn't very good, needs a lot of work), the texture pack was very good, but not finished.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:10 am