The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Darkstone
Fenon
6 posters

Minecraft.

Fenon
    Fenon

Minecraft. - Page 9 Empty Re: Minecraft.

Post by Fenon Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Very nice world Vis, love the boat house (Going to steal that idea!), I have a crappy little dock which does nothing to stop the boat going out into the water, my boat is floating in the middle of the lake at the moment... Your house is good as well I like the view upto the tower. That view of your tower at sunset is just wow.

I've been putting off uploading but I'll do a few of my green house. I'll do the destruction of the forest thursday maybe, I'll be busy tomorrow.

I'm not sure how well you'll be able to see that the water is glowing, I haven't resized them, like I said I took all of sunday making this so I want you to see it properly. I might make a magical garden using this glowing water.

Inside night:

Minecraft. - Page 9 20110501204604

Outside night (You can see how much light is given off in this screen):

Minecraft. - Page 9 20110501204514

Inside day:

You can't see most of the work that when into it but basically everything thats inside of the board of water is floating about the water, it's only actually connected at the sides and as tall as the building is from the floor it is equally as deep.

Minecraft. - Page 9 20110503212738

Outside day (Added a water feature outside which also has underwater lighting):

You can also see part of my crappy swimming pool.

Minecraft. - Page 9 20110503212654
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue May 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Good lord that green house must have taken some patience, I like the lighting though so worth the work for the affect, you've given me an idea but instead it will be over head, I'll report back if it works.

btw my latest tower is a total rip off of yours, and so far looks identical, I just need to do the tricky top section to finish it off, once I saw the screen of the inside steps I realised how you'd constructed it.
    And yeah it is a pain to climb up, but easy going down though Very Happy

Oh and I see what you mean about the snow getting in the way, maybe I should be thankful I've not seen any.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Snow is nice, like I said though it needs to be fixed, snow needs to melt over time, thats the main thing. It needs to snow often in snowy areas and it needs to happen indepently of rain, and actively move not just snow in the same place every time.

With those fixes snow will be perfect.

I'll be interested to see your version of the tower, I was thinking of digging down with the tower as well so it goes from bedrock to the heavens, but I've not started it yet and I'm not sure that I will ever do it. I've not done anything with red stone yet, other than powering the booster rails. I've only recently played with water because I was afraid of messing water up, but now I understand how it works. Anyway looking forward to seeing the things you've been working on. I'm taking a break from Minecraft after making that green house, so I'll not be working on anything for a little bit, unless I get inspired. Might even start a new world.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 13, 2011 9:53 am

Have you seen Minecraft golf on the Yogscast? Boring video for the most part but such a cool idea.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 18, 2011 12:03 am

Wow.

Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed May 18, 2011 1:41 am

Shocked I'm in awe, and the out side structure at the end wow! in your face Minecraft doubters.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed May 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Clever....very clever Shocked
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 12:51 am

I've had the game on peaceful for so long while I was building that I forgot what it was like with it off. I started a new world, I'm still going to play the old one, but it was corrupted and so messed up. I wanted to play on a normal world again. I found a small cave and closed it off to the outside world and while I was trying to block off the rest of the cave a Creeper popped it's head up and exploded in my face, just as I was thinking I better close this off quick I don't want a Creeper to pop up and explode in my face. I also jumped when I could hear spiders but couldn't find them, it wasn't exactly the spiders that made me jump it was my cat jumping down from the window.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 am

1.6 is coming out this week and it looks like we'll be getting tall grass in the update as well. It's a cool update, it's a shame the Yogscast Minecraft series which has only just really been fixed since the last update is going to be broken again.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 26, 2011 7:49 pm

New update is out and looks like it's already had a few patches for it's bugs.

There was supposed to be just maps added to the update and the rest was going to be bug fixes but a few things have been added, and taken out. Nothing ground breaking other than the maps though.

Edit: Just tested the map, maps are awesome, dangerous using them though very easy to not look where you are going and while you are holding them you can't see whats right infront of your feet. There are supposed to be hatches as well? Ah yep we have trap doors, awesome, I was hoping they would be added, they are only 1 block in size so a bit of work will be needed to get them to work as I want.

I also discovered that the massive fire I started which destroyed the forst is still burning, I came across it while testing the maps.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:17 am

... Ok the ice has messed up my swimming pool, the waterfall keeps freezing so I have to break the ice if I want it to run but it just freezes again, and the pool itself keeps freezing over.

For the most part I like the updates but they did mess up my world quite a lot, I hope they make fire spread fast again. The fact that fire was so dangerous made you respect it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Well didn't do well on the 404 challenge, just tried it for the first time and I spent most of the allowed time on the surface looking for the sink hole, when I should have been collecting materials and when I did go down at first it was so dark I couldn't see anything and then I was dragged down to lava but I was very close to being pushed into the lava by the current, also a creeper exploded on me. I just about managed to stop myself going into the lava and made a quick bridge over it while being attacked by skellington archers. One jumped into the lava but another was moving trapped by water and I made the mistake of trying to kill it, I should have just ignored it and moved on. There was tonnes of lava so plenty of light it should have been a good place be in if it wasn't for the awful start.

The 404 challenge is worth doing. I'm going to try again.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:52 pm

Just heard in a new Yogscast video that version 1.7 will have something called Adventure Mode, which will basically be like the adventure maps that people make but randomly generated. I doubt they will have stories I suspect they will just have maybe puzzles and surface dungeons. There are mods which create evolving towns so if that kind of thing was used there is no telling what could be done with that new mode.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Ha mice been playing around in my new world, I'm building a house in a hill, it was the first house I started on this map and I wasn't going to use it but I discovered that there were some very interesting things about it. Anyway there were a lot of Creepers and things spawning on the top of the hill so I decided that I wanted to kill them, but for it to be entertaining so I thought I'd drown them. I've built a creature trap, now I'm not too keen on the idea of these but this one is really only to entertain me like a TV, I like the idea of just doing things in my house and then hearing a splash and watching a Creeper drowning. Basically it sucks them under water and they can't fight the current. I have added a loot collection area, just because it would drive me crazy seeing the gun powder sitting there being wasted. It's been a real bugger trying to get the current to suck the loot down to the right place without enemies being able to escape. I'm a little concerned about spiders because they do have enough room. I'll have to try and lure one it and run down to see what happens.

I can't tell you how satisfying it is to watch a Creeper drowning. I should say so far nothing has fallen in on it's own, which sucks maybe they are programmed to avoid drops, unless chasing.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Forgot to say the trap started working like a charm, all kinds of creatures started falling in... Well mostly spiders sadly.

Any how Minecraft will be coming to the Xbox 360 soon. Would you buy it a second time on there? I might if it comes out on PS3, The main reason being it will be easier to setup multiplayer worlds with friends. But it won't be nearly as good since there are no mods (Haven't used any anyway) or texture packs, unless they add those as DLC or more some/use some of the PC texture packs. I hope they don't waste development time with the Xbox and Sony's phone thing versions. I'd like to see if they will use Kinnect or what they could do if they made a Wii version and used the motion controls.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 am

DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 pm

quite fancy getting that. might encourage me to use my 360 as something other than a shelf for my dreamcast (which i have been playing!) Smile
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

Here's a combo mod that gives you a tonne of stuff to do in Minecraft. I don't know that I care for all of it but it's pretty amazing some of the stuff thats been modded into this game. I'm still happy playing the basic game with just the texture pack, and really I'm even ok with not having the texture pack on. I lost my last world to a blue screen, yeah that happened again... I still have the world where the screenshots came from but I'm not playing that at the moment because the world was screwed up because of the blue screens I had on that so at the moment I'm trying to find a new world that inspires me, I haven't stopped playing this game. I've been playing others but I still play this one.

Yeah so here's the mod, I suspect there is a vast amount not shown in this video.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:36 am

Wow ok pistons are going to be in 1.7 there is a mod of them out at the moment but the mod is being added to the vanilla game, I didn't know what the pistons could do but they are looking amazing I'm really looking forward to getting them now, you'll be able to build secret doors and just impressive doors like the one in the video, you could make a moving glass roof for example so you could open your house up. This will add so many new options to the game, and you know I like that the communities idea's are being used in the game. You could say that it's lazy, that they are aren't creating much of their own content, but you just don't see games often say we like this mod, people like this mod, lets use it. The modders I believe get paid, it's just nice to see that happening.

I'm quite tired so time to stop typing (If thats what I've been doing) I've been reading e-mails from my Grandfather as well as typing so it may not make as much sense as I intended, I forgot what I was talking about at the end. Oh wait yeah here's the video of the pistons.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm really getting quite excited about the 1.7 it should make the game so much different.

I've been working on the train station and bridge today and it's shaping up quite nicely the main building is all but done, just needs lighting now, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing to do with that yet. A lot of the bridges grunt work is done, I just need to add booster rails all the way down the track because the track exploit doesn't work any more, I like the booster rails more than using that exploit, it's just more work putting the rails down over such a long bridge. And I need to add better lighting.

I have cheated a little bit, I wanted iron beams to support the glass on the roof so I needed a huge amount of iron, I used up 5 or 6 full stacks and that wasn't even a third of what I needed, and it would have taken me maybe months to get that much, so I used the world editor to put them in, I put all my iron into it as well. I also used the world editor to make the supports for the bridge, because they would be very difficult to make because I wanted them to go all the way to the bottom of the sea and I wanted them to be the same distance apart, again very hard to do without the editor. I may use the editor to remove a lot of the ice from the sea near my house since it's no longer in a snowy area.

I'll take some screens soon I just want to get the thing done a bit more before I do.

No blue screen's yet since I started using full screen, but that doesn't mean much it doesn't always happen.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 am

Doesn't work well but there is now a Katamari Damacy mod for Minecraft.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Ok version 1.7 is out! But no adventure mode yet, didn't really expect it though, it's a big addition.

You can now get leaf blocks with shears, but you can no longer get wool from punching sheep, which I think is a big negitive in the Minecraft community because punching sheep for wool was part of the charm of the game, I fear they may ruin the game by eating away it's charming little things.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:10 pm

No more punching sheep aww no that's not fair Sad
    So how do you get wool now?
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:21 pm

i used to throw snowballs at them. does that still work?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:54 pm

You can still throw snowballs at them but I doubt the wool will come off, you use shears. I really doubt this change will stick I think there will be too big of an outcry for them to undo the change.

I had a bit of a go with the pistons earlier, I'm using my laptop at the moment so I don't have access to my proper world and it's resources. They work well and push a lot of blocks I didn't count but it was something like 10 before it stopped working. The pistons open so many options I can't wait to get stuck into them.

\.
    ...l
    /'

I'm going to make a Creeper Crusher. Basically I'll make an alley to lure them down and the walls will be powered by pistons. Then I can just listen to their pain, or open and close the trap or have a roof that comes down to crash them as well. Sides, roof, sides, roof, floor, dead. Heh heh heh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:33 pm