The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Visage
DS9
Fenon
7 posters

Steam offers.

Fenon
    Fenon

Steam offers. - Page 6 Empty Re: Steam offers.

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Didn't buy Transformers War for Cybertron today/yesterday kind of regreting that now. Trine and Mount & Blade are the only good games I see on sale today, Mount & Blade is a damn good game but ignore Mount & Blade and get Mount & Blade Warband it's exactly the same game only it's improved and has had the bugs worked out. Mount & Blade Fire and Sword is alright but it's not made by the same people and isn't nearly as good as Warband, but if you want a change from Warband it's a good option.

I don't think anything else is really worth talking about except maybe Doom.

I'm saved now any way I'm disconnecting my PC while my Sister visits again so I won't be able to buy any games for till Saturday. I could with my laptop but I don't really trust the security on that at the moment.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Don't beat your self up over Transformers War for Cybertron, My boys got it, it's awful your not missing anything.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:43 pm

£5 for all the Doom games, it's a crime not to. Well worth it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 am

Visage wrote:Don't beat your self up over Transformers War for Cybertron, My boys got it, it's awful your not missing anything.

Really everything I've heard about it was that it was a good game, the best transformers game made (Granted thats not saying much all the others sucked). I might get it on console sometime.

I've been thinking about playing Duke Nukem 3D since I was all ready to play the new Duke game and now I won't play that aweful rubbish, but since Doom is on offer I might buy one of those games, I don't think I'll buy the full set or I'll get Doom I and Doom II not sure about the third game. What would you suggest.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:08 am

Bought the Doom pack, I wish they could have mixed the Doom and Final Doom games together to save space on my list of games (It's getting way too long).

So the mouse doesn't work with the old Doom games.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 am

Fenon wrote:
    Visage wrote:Don't beat your self up over Transformers War for Cybertron, My boys got it, it's awful your not missing anything.

Really everything I've heard about it was that it was a good game, the best transformers game made (Granted thats not saying much all the others sucked). I might get it on console sometime.

I played the online demo and enjoyed it, an I think the online is what’s given it a good reputation, but the campaign... well it might be my attention span or my age but it wasn't for me.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:30 pm

If you want mouse support for the old doom games, try using zdoom (http://zdoom.org/Download)
    Doom 3 is an excellent games, I hope you bought it. Also you can organize your game list into categories. I lump just about everything in the "games to be played at some undetermined point" category
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:52 pm

The more games I buy the more paranoid I get about my account being stolen.

I'll try the Zdoom thing, I also don't know which key it is to open doors and part of the display goes off the end of the screen. I've tried to use the zoom in and out thing but that is just for the world not the stats or menu screens. I have the full collection including Doom 3 I'm hoping that will work with the XP compatibility thing.

If Transformers War for Cybertron is cheap again I'll buy it, even if the campaign isn't great it's still better than the other Transformers games campaigns.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 pm

I can't buy anything but I might have thought about getting Deus Ex, I did own Deus Ex but I think I sold it without completing the first level. King Arthur is like Total War but with magic and monsters, I played a demo but didn't like the controls. I've only play a bit of a demo of Monkey Island as well and I know it's a classic.

All the other games are meh.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Jamestown is supposed to be good. I don't think there's anything else that I would buy today, that I don't already have anyway (Batman is on sale again!). I suppose I might be tempted by Farcry (Glad I can't buy it right now or I would be sweating over it). Everything else is more expensive than I'm willing to pay. How long of a game is Lost Planet 2?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Huh Street Fighter 5 on PC, I thought it was just on consoles. I want SF5 but I'm not really that into fighting games unless they have some kind of character progression, I usually get bored of them quickly without it. I might hold off Street Fighter until Street Fighter Vs Tekken comes out, it looks the same as SF5 I can only guess it's SF5 with Tekken added. Oh right the offer SF5 is £9.99.

There's not much I would be interested in today. Don't get Quake 3 Arena as you can play it for free (I made a topic with the link etc) you don't get as many options, but I would guess the online community is bigger. And of course don't touch C&C 4 with a 9' pole.

Some of the Tomb Raider games might be worth getting if you don't have them. I've still hardly played the game I have.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Hmm well Napoleon Total War is on offer and it's the best thing in the sale, it comes with Empire Total War as well which well isn't as good but it's only £6.79. Napoleon is still an amazing game Shogun 2 Total War is perhaps a bit better but Napoleon has completely different gameplay (Same controls) and dx11 looks awesome.

Splinter cell is also on sale and is cheap enough to be worth thinking about.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am

Fenon wrote:
    If Transformers War for Cybertron is cheap again I'll buy it, even if the campaign isn't great it's still better than the other Transformers games campaigns.

My lads been on the multiplayer a lot over the weekend, it does looked very good I only wish I had half of his skill. Embarassed
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Brink is free for this weekend, I was looking forward to Brink for a long time and then I heard reviews and wasn't so interested. It's a bit of a broken game, it still has it's good points and I've noticed some big games using some of Brinks gimmicks (Like the intro and outro cutscenes in matches). It just made a few mistakes. Anyway it's free so it's worth checking out, maybe they patched the problems and they are trying to win people over this weekend.

There are also quite a few other offers but I'm not in the mood to write about them.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:56 pm

All the Dawn of War games are half price, so picked up Retribution. Hurray
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Neo Chade wrote:All the Dawn of War games are half price, so picked up Retribution. Hurray

I would buy it but I'm really short on cash this month, I've not even started the last expansion yet... Because I haven't finished the original DoW2 campaign...
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:16 am

Just gave the demo of Avadon a try, I had been interested in the game for a few days but there was no demo and I wasn't sure if old school dungeon questing was my cup of tea. I quite like the old school 1980's'ness of it. It's 10% off at the moment which is nothing really since the game is only £5.99 without the 10% off, thats only a saving of 60p. I'm not sure if I'd say get it from playing the demo, but what I'll say is give it a try, if only to make that retro proper nerd in you happy.

The demo of Bastion has been released as well, this game has had a fair bit of good press, and looks like a very good quality game. Just played the demo, it's ok there are nice things, the art looks good, not too keen on the actual character you play as, He's like a 3d model that has been altered to look 2d but it hasn't worked all that well when you look close. Thats not too big of a deal, but what I did find a bit frustrating was that when I was aiming at objects they weren't breaking, I was facing the right way but it's almost like if you aren't standing in exactly the right space you can't break it even if it looks like you are. I think it's to do with the 2d art work 3d world, doing forward rolls makes breaking stuff easier, but there is a very high chance you will roll off the side of the world. Again I'd say try the demo, I'm feeling a bit let down by the flaws in the game, but thats because I had highish expectations for it after what I had seen. Without that you might find it better than I did.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 pm

The Hitman games were back on offer, I downloaded the Blood Money demo again, it hasn't worked for me so far when I've downloaded it but I tried again. This time for whatever reason it did work, but uggh the controls have not aged well, at least not on PC. It was so stiff (Thats what she said) every movement was torture. I love Hitman games so it pains me that it was bad. I did get a thrill playing the game again though, it's been years since I last played.

I doubt I'll buy the game now, it was like one of those meeting your heroes moments. I might think about it after I get Deus Ex, I might be more used to clunky controls after that. I think though a lot of it came down to Hitman Blood Money being more of a console game.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:14 am

Downloaded a demo of Hitman: Codename 47 wow that game is old, and the controls are rubbish (In some ways better than Blood Moneys, in some ways worse) I suppose I could have tweaked them to be more like modern games. I spent my entire time playing the demo running around having no idea what to do, until I found a knife but all that did was get me killed.

Interesting to see where one of my favourite games series came from, I didn't realise the first game would be so basic (That was the first game right?).
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Civ V, £7.50

Could not resist.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Curses Steam and your sales!

I’d held off all weekend only crumbling to get Alpha Protocol for £1.50, but that Total war Mega pk kept taunting me.

Fen any links to that lotr mod for Kingdoms?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Yep here you go:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=374565

Which TW games did you get in the bundle?

Alpha Protocol is supposed to be a good game but buggy, and a few I suppose little thing. I've not played it I just watched Angry Joe's review. I wasn't interested in the game I was just watching Joe. I don't care for spy stuff much.

I wouldn't bother with that D&D game thats in the mid week offer, I've seen videos of it and it looks boring, every NPC looks the same and the levels are all the same. It's just a cash in of the D&D name, from what I've seen. I'm not a D&D fan, I've only played the MMO and watched that rubbish movie.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Empire, Medieval, Napoleon & Roam, with all the expantions that go with them. I probabbly wont even install them all.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:05 pm

I would say play Empire before you play Napoleon, just because once you've played Napoleon you won't want to go back to Empire, but while Empire is the inferior game it does have pluses and you should enjoy them. Rome is really cool looking on a powerful PC, it doesn't run super well, I mean I expected 1000fps but it was about 60, I guess it's because it's an old game. Still the fact it's still working and can be played at 1920 by 1080 is awesome oh and it's still a lot of fun thats important too.

I always play medieval 2 with the stainless steel mod, it add's a lot more depth to the game, it's made by the same guy as the LotR's mod. There is a mod coming out which should be even better but it's been in development for like 6 years or something, so not really expecting it any time soon, the forum does get plenty of posts though so it's not a dead mod, just a slow one.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Metro 2033 is on offer but I couldn't be arsed to enter my details to buy it, you can get it for £3.74.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:39 pm