The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Visage
DS9
Fenon
7 posters

Steam offers.

Visage
    Visage

Steam offers. - Page 9 Empty Re: Steam offers.

Post by Visage Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Stumbled across DoW Platinum Edition, that includes Dow, Winter Assault & Dark Crusade all for £2.49 the same price as Dark Crusade was on its own! Shocked

Also got Retribution & Space Marin, all of that came to £12.47 bargain. cheers

Bet I don’t play any of them. Rolling Eyes
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm

I would be a sad thing if you didn't, they are pretty great games. I usually just play skermishes on DoW DC etc. I just played one as Eldar against Orks, completely forgot how to play.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Fenon wrote:I would be a sad thing if you didn't, they are pretty great games. I usually just play skermishes on DoW DC etc. I just played one as Eldar against Orks, completely forgot how to play.

That’s my problem, There is a lot to take in, I find I'm just getting the hang of it then another game comes along that takes me away, so by the time I return I've forgotten what does what so get frustrated and play something else.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Ok I've bought Retribution and Space Marine now, didn't bother with the DLC, if I do decide I want it I'm sure there will be another sale sooner or later, beside's by the time I've finished Chaos Rising (ETA 2013) it will have been on sale many many times.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Space Marine is quite good mixing up melee & shooting, but I had a shock going to DoW with its 6 year old cut scenes (sorry but they must have been bad even for then). Thankfully the old school rts is just what I was after.

Edit.. My mistake I see it originally came out in 04 so tht's eight years old, all is forgiven.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Visage wrote:Space Marine is quite good mixing up melee & shooting, but I had a shock going to DoW with its 6 year old cut scenes (sorry but they must have been bad even for then). Thankfully the old school rts is just what I was after.

Edit.. My mistake I see it originally came out in 04 so tht's eight years old, all is forgiven.

It is showing it's age abit, I still like it. I don't know about you guys but the colours on the intro video are pretty messed up on my pc.

Have you ever played the table top game?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 pm

The Red Faction games are on sale for the mid week madness, if C&C 4 is on sale don't get it.

Rock of Ages is on sale as well it's a pretty funny game, I don't own it but I might buy it. Thing is I know it's a game I won't keep playing.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 am

Fenon wrote:
    Have you ever played the table top game?

Nope and not likely to after seeing the amount you've been spending.

Fenon wrote:The Red Faction games are on sale for the mid week madness

Tried to get into the first Red Faction but got board quick, it would just add another one to my not yet played list, same with ROA.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Steam games bought in sales but not played beyond first level.

Deus Ex:Human Revolution - gone a bit further than 1st level but still not come back to it.
    Metro 2030
    Saints Row 2 & 3
    Alpha Protocol
    Bulletstorm
    GTA 4 dlc
    Total War pack, tried them all I only like the Medieval series , would have liked Rome but it wont run.
    Just Cause 2
    Trine
    Shadowgrounds – came free with something
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Sorry not red faction, red alert...

There are some good games there, Rome 2 Total War has been announced so thats something to look forward to, they always release games in March so a bit of a wait.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Steams having sales, lots of them
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Summer sale so it's on everyday for a while. Hide your wallets gentlemen.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:39 am

Space Marin dlc is up for grabs again, click on the dlc bundle for indervidual items.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 am

How come Mount & Blade has never been mentioned? I would have thought this was right up fens & Neo’s street.

I’ve not heard of it before despite the series being quite old, I only spotted it because it was in the sale, it’s sort of what I expected Total War to be but instead you’re left free to make up your own war and make it up as you go along, you enter towns befriend the folk, trade, do quests, gather troops, then go on mounted or ground combat against other towns, all in third person, Not sure I’d play further than the demo though as it requires more spare time than I have but it’s on sale until 6am Tuesday so might end up getting it, But I’m having to be a bit careful as I’ve gone a bit mad with the summer sale!geek

So far I’ve acquired:

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
    L.A. Noire Complete Edition
    Saints Row: The Third - Season Pass DLC Pack
    Saints Row: The Third - Saints Purple Ops Pack
    Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn
    Terraria

All that for just over £22 Very Happy Suspect What was that I was saying about spare time? Embarassed Can’t think of anything else I’m going to want but I expect there will be. Rolling Eyes

EDIT... Slaps ones self in the face!.. fen already has it! albino
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 pm

I've made a topic about Mount & Blade somewhere, hold on... It's a few topics down from this one, I figured nobody was interested in it since the topic was ignored, did I not at any point say it was worth getting in this topic?

https://ragolarms.darkbb.com/t216-mount-and-blade-warband

Great game, don't buy the collection the first game is the same as the Warbands expansion except Warband is less buggy and has more in it, there is 0 reason to have the original game. With Fire and Sword is a new game made by different people and has a lot of negatives, Warband is the best thing to get but With Fire and Sword is a different game and worth a try at the price. The Napoleon thing is just for multiplayer, I've not bothered with the multiplayer.

Ah just noticed the end of your post... I started writing before I read the whole thing...

I've not bought anything yet, I didn't even get the space wolf armour for space marine... I've been pretty busy over the weekend. I hope they put Arkham City back on sale, I would like to play that. Arkham City was 75% off right?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Fenon wrote:I've made a topic about Mount & Blade somewhere, hold on... It's a few topics down from this one, I figured nobody was interested in it since the topic was ignored, did I not at any point say it was worth getting in this topic?

https://ragolarms.darkbb.com/t216-mount-and-blade-warband

Great game, don't buy the collection the first game is the same as the Warbands expansion except Warband is less buggy and has more in it, there is 0 reason to have the original game. With Fire and Sword is a new game made by different people and has a lot of negatives, Warband is the best thing to get but With Fire and Sword is a different game and worth a try at the price. The Napoleon thing is just for multiplayer, I've not bothered with the multiplayer.

Ah just noticed the end of your post... I started writing before I read the whole thing...

I've not bought anything yet, I didn't even get the space wolf armour for space marine... I've been pretty busy over the weekend. I hope they put Arkham City back on sale, I would like to play that. Arkham City was 75% off right?

Yep AC was about £7.50 an absolute steal Exclamation
    Had to jump through hoops for the AC dlc though, steam wouldn't download it, so had to first redeem the code on live and then go to games for windows to download. I've nothing against GFWL but if it's tied to a steam account then surely that’s enough. scratch

I must admit I was lazy and didn’t even bother looking for a post, So I’m confused are you saying just get Warband?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah the Mount & Blade and Mount & Blade: Warband are exactly the same Warband is a stand alone expansion with everything that Mount & Blade has but is also a more refined game with more content. It nags at me that I bought the collection to find that there was no point in getting the vanilla Mount & Blade. But if you did buy it as well look at it like this you've not spent much and it's supporting an indie developer thats made a great game.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Batman Arkham City - back on offer @ £6.79 dont miss it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Bought it and the Harlequin DLC just now.
    Wanda_pso
    Wanda_pso

Post by Wanda_pso Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks for posting this Very Happy just got it with the Harlequin dlc and just 30 mins to spare. jocolor
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Batman Games for Windows Live goes far too over the top with the serial numbers, I had to enter the serial code twice! Once going in and again when I was in the game, which was really annoying with Steam because I couldn't copy and paste the serial number from the Steam thing to the serial request thing it's not Steams fault it's Lives, I had to write done the code and then type it out! I hate games having Games for Windows Live, like Vis said if it's on Steam why should we need it or at least put in a bloody system that auto enters the code. I also don't like that you are twice as likely to forget a password or get hacked and loss that game.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 am

You can copy & past the key, there is a button that says copy to notebook, that effectively copies it then all you need to do is past where you need it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 pm

I did that for the first serial code I had to enter but the second was in game and to my knowledge didn't allow pasting.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Well Crysis 2 is on sale on Steam, don't know how that came about when it was released it was taken off of Steam, I think it was an Origin game.

Dungeon Defenders is a damn good game, I have it.

I don't like the whole body swapping thing in the newest Driver game, it just seems stupid. Don't know if anyone here has it, maybe it is good, I don't think it is though.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Driver, tried the demo as you said the whole body swapping thing doesn’t make sense, Dungeon Defenders you have, Crisis 2, I got it on Origin a while ago definitely get it, it's not as good as the first one but good enough.

Farcry 2 is worth a pop at £2.50 especially if there’s a mod to stop the enforced pill popping.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:02 am