The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Visage
DS9
Fenon
7 posters

Steam offers.

Fenon
    Fenon

Steam offers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Steam offers.

Post by Fenon Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:30 am

Ok Steam are doing an offer on Empire Total War, it's a fiver. Now I have this game and while it did comepletely suck when it came out it has been patched and is playable. However if you are going to get a gun based Total War game get Napoleon Total War, it's much better than Empire. Only get Empire if you love the time period it's in, which is slightly earlier than Napoleon and you want to kill americans and make sure they never have an independence day. Or if you want to take India. I've sunk 182 hours into this game, which is more than I've put into Napoleon. That is mostly down to not playing Napoleon much on my old lapotop because it actually doesn't play so well as Empire did, I had to have both games running at their low settings. Oh and Napoleon had a lot of bugs on low end computers, higher end ones though didn't have those problems.

It said something about having Total War offers everyday till Shogun 2 is released so, I'll be checking it everyday.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Well guys another Total War thing, Rome Total War which is held in high reguard by TW players is in a sale today. You can buy this amazing game for a criminal £1.25. I have the game installed on my PC right now and it looks pretty sweet in 1920 by 1080 glory even after all these years. Rome Total War was used to make a brilliant show on BBC 2 which let ordinary people be generals and replay historical battles. Time Commanders I think it was called. Yep see this is a live post and I just did some research.

I also watch a guy on youtube who still plays this game online and posts his battles online. It's an old game but its still a playable one. If you like RTS games you need this one.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Ok today it's my favourite Total War game Medieval 2 Total War!!!!!! This game is the sweetness, it looks great plays great and it's just amazing. It's only £2.50!

This is one of my favourite games of alllllllllll time. It's so damn good.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am

Fenon wrote:Ok today it's my favourite Total War game Medieval 2 Total War!!!!!! This game is the sweetness, it looks great plays great and it's just amazing. It's only £2.50!

This is one of my favourite games of alllllllllll time. It's so damn good.

I already have Medieval 2, but wasn't there a follow up that had player created extensions like LOTR maps?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:43 pm

It had one expansion Kingdoms. No lotr content in that, fortunately. Theres a lotr mod for Kingdoms though, unfortunately.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:36 pm

What Po.ppy means is that there was a very good Lord of the Rings mod for Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms. There was also a Warhammer mod, no idea how good that is because it isn't 40k and it's a bit of a hassle to install. There are some mods which are still being made for M2TW, 2 of the ones that aren't out look very good but are still maybe over a year off being finished, they are taking a crazy long time but are still alive. Stainless Steal is one of the best mods for M2TW, it's the one I use, but you need to be careful when using the real recruitment sub mod for it because one of the options makes the turn time extremely long, like go and make a cup of tea and walk the dog long, and thats just when the games starts when you get really far into the game the turns take even longer.

Third Age Total War is the LotR mod:

Click here

So onto the business of the day, todays offer. Napoleon Total War is only £5.00. Napoleon is what Empire should have been but so wasn't. TW players say that Empire was the beta test for Napoleon. It is a very good game, and a lot of fun, it's not my favourite Total War game because it lacks a few things which gave the pre-Empire games their character and fun, like Generals that you cared about lossing and gave fun speeches before the battle. But if you like Sharpe or the time period it is so much fun, the controls have been refined and are a lot better than the old TW games. Like I said it lacks the character of TW but it is a great representation of the way war was fought at the time and when the smoke fills the battle field and you see flashes in the smoke, it is a sight to behold. It's also different from all the other TW games except Empire because it is range centered not melee, so if you have a TW game already and don't think you need any others this one plays completely differently but with the a nearly the same control system.

From the demo at least I think that Napoleon looks better than Shogun 2, S2TW looks a bit bare without the smoke and explosions that NTW had.

If you are interested Shogun 2 is supposed to be giving the TW series back a lot of the character that it lost in Empire.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Steam Guard, what the hell is that?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Possible annoyance.
    If you try to log into Steam on a pc you haven't done so before, you will have to enter a code to do so. The code is sent to your registered email. It's a security measure. You can turn it off, but if you only use the same pc's to play Steam games on shouldn't ever affect you.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:09 pm

"The Witcher" is on offer for £6.49
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 pm

I don't know much about The Witcher, I took a bit of an interest in The Witcher 2, I thought it was out already but I just looked and it isn't and doesn't appear to have a release date yet other than in spring. At least thats what it says on Steam. So anyone played The Witcher or is a fan of it?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:52 am

Defense Grid on offer at the moment 50% off @ £3.49, its also part of the Potato Sack Pack that’s also on offer.

I got so addicted to this over the weekend I bought it twice! Shocked

First I got it for my kid on Xbox as it was on offer there, I had played the demo a while back and made a mental note to get it if it ever came up on offer, Then yesterday I was itching to play but Wife was watching Columbo so I thought sodit it’s only £3.50, and downloaded it from steam also, the plus side is I can now download it at work too. Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:20 pm

It's basically a fancy castle defender game right?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Yep, but hay... it's £3.50 Very Happy

If you try the demo it's the last one that offers the most interest, the first three are nothing but training, but I think most of the upgrades are unlocked for the last one.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 am

Blood Bowl legendary edition is £7.50 this weekend. Blood Bowl is a great board game, and this does a good translation on it. Don't care for the real time mode, but classic plays just like the boardgame with fancy graphics and not the badly painted models I end up with. I used to play this loads a few years back. Well worth a look imo, especially if you are in anyway familiar with Games Workshop.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:49 am

I'll take a look at it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 am

Hmm ah it's like that Mario football game *Nods* yep thats what it's like.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:39 am

Hoard is on offer it's 10% off, you can get it for £6.25 instead of £6.99. I played a demo and it is quite fun I suppose, it's a port from the PSP to PC... I think I'd rather buy it on PSP, playing it on PC seems like a waste of power. I'd be more likely to play it on the PSP say when I'm on the loo.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Very kick ass Mafia 2 is having another 75% off sale today and this time all the DLC is 75% off as well. I didn't get the DLC before but was thinking about it the other day, glad I didn't because the one's I was interessted in were £6.99 each and now I think I can get all the DLC for less than that if I wanted to. Mafia 2 is a very good game I suggest getting it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:43 am

Oooooo 2K Games are having a 4 day sale this week and they have some good games, I'm hoping Boarder Lands comes up, but I'd rather get that on PS3 to play it with a friend, but hey if it comes up in the sale for maybe £3.99 I don't think I can turn that down. Also Bioshock would be nice.

Hopefully the Civ games don't come up since I have Civ 5, and also the crappy sports games.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks for heads up I hadn’t logged onto steam all weekend thanks to Minecraft addiction, So I grabbed Mafia 2 while it was still on offer. I wasn’t interested first time around but your review sold it to me.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am

My review or the playboy mags...
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:37 am

Got to admit they may have helped sway my opinion. tongue
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:52 am

Did you buy the DLC as well? I'm about to so I can't say if it's worth getting but the 2 that are £1.57 might be as they add to the story and are normally £6.99 each. I'm buying all of the DLC, I've been fussing over spending £2 on the weaker DLC's which just add clothes and cars, I would spend £2 without even thinking about it on rubbish so I don't know why I'm being so picky about this.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 pm

I wasn't going to but I got "Joe's Adventures" on the above advice, I didn't fancy the other one.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm more interested in the other one actually, since I have no idea what it's about, I don't know whats going to happen in Joe's but I have more of an idea than the other one. They any thing you read about them may well contain spoilers since they are side branches to the main story so I wouldn't look them up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:43 pm