The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Visage
DS9
Fenon
7 posters

Steam offers.

Fenon
    Fenon

Steam offers. Empty Steam offers.

Post by Fenon Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:24 am

Since Steam sometimes sell games for next to nothing I thought I'd make a topic so that we can let each other know about the offers.

Today they are sells Batman Arkham Asylum for £3.75 it's one of the 75% off type offers they do, but I think it's only for today. It costs about £7.00 on Amazon.

Portal 2 is also on offer it was £29.99 and it's been reduced to £26.99 but it says it includes a free copy of Portal 2 (Well it just says portal but I think it means Portal 2) to give to your friend. I'm guessing the co-op thing is important in this game.

Also there is an offer for 47 Square Enix games which is 87% off and will cost you £48.75. I don't think I'll be getting this myself, but I think I'll get Batman.

The 47 games:

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman: Blood Money, Battlestations: Midway, Just Cause, Hitman: Codename 47, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider: Legend, Project: Snowblind, Rogue Trooper, Infernal, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men™, Conflict: Denied Ops, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails, Battlestations Pacific, Just Cause 2, Yosumin!™, FINAL FANTASY XI, Gyromancer, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, Kane & Lynch 2: The Doggie Bag, Kane & Lynch 2: Alliance Weapon Pack, Kane & Lynch 2: Multiplayer Masks Pack, Order of War™, Mini Ninjas, Flora's Fruit Farm, Just Cause 2: Bull's Eye Assault Rifle, Just Cause 2: Rico's Signature Gun DLC, Just Cause 2: Chevalier Classic, Just Cause 2: Agency Hovercraft, Just Cause 2: Monster Truck DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC, Just Cause 2 - Black Market Boom Pack DLC, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, SEASON OF MYSTERY: The Cherry Blossom Murders, Supreme Commander 2, Supreme Commander 2: Infinite War Battle Pack, Front Mission Evolved, Front Mission Evolved: Map Pack, Front Mission Evolved: Last Stand, Front Mission Evolved: Wanzer Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved: Weapon Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved: Wanzer Pack 3.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Steam offers. Empty Re: Steam offers.

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 am

The offer just for today is Just Cause for £2 and Just Cause 2 for £5.

Gawd darn you Steam you are going to nibble at my wallet.

I think the daily offers like this are just for this week.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 am

Ok not sure which time zone Steam is in but it's saying that the Just Cause/2 offer is for Tuesday. So at the moment it's a day behind, not sure how long it will last.

Oh you can get Just Cause 2 for £7.99 and Just Cause for £3.50 from Amazon.

I was going to buy Just Cause 2 but I'm not that into the game.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Looks like it's all Square Enix games that are going on offer this week. Square Enix have been flushing themselves down the toilet recently.

Todays offer finally came up on Steam and it's Front Mission Evolved for £7 something. I think I have a Front Mission game on my PSP and it's ok, the controls suck though. I don't really have muxh interest in this game. Mechwarrior was a brilliant Mech game series.

If the only games going on offer are Square Enix games I don't think I'm going to have a lot of interest in whats coming out for the rest of the week, but we'll see.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Supreme Commander 2 is now on offer for £2.49 and some other thing which I'm guessing is an expansion is also on offer for about the same price. It's an RTS which looks like Command and Conquer. I have C&C 3 but it doesn't work on my PC something to do with Directx, so I would like a game like it if it's any good. But really how bad does a game need to be to not be worth £2.49?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:38 am

Meh, the demo of Supreme Commander isn't great. I mean it plays like C&C, I suppose I've been spoiled by the Total War series and it's requirement to use tactical formations and to be careful with your troups because you can't spam more. I might still get it, if you like C&C which I do this is a clone of it. I wouldn't say it was as good, but it's something which is similar and will fill the gap between C&C games.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 pm

I did buy it... with the DLC it was just over £4 it's funny I'll spend that much at the local shop and not even think about it, but with a game it becomes a question that I put real thought into. £4 is hardly more than a 2 litre bottle of coke.

So todays offer, bit late posting this because it came up just before I was going to training. Today it's the Hitman series, they are £1.49 each or £4.47 for all 3. I love the Hitman games but have only owned Blood Money on PS2 which got scratched to bits by my faulty PS2 which now doesn't work. So I really want these games, however I tried downloading the demo for Blood Money and for some reason it didn't work on the new PC. It will work on my laptop though, just can't put everything up to max. Might try and download the demo see what happens, maybe it was a fault in the download, I may buy it anyway to play on my laptop.

The offer will be on till about 6pm tomorrow if you want to get it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:46 pm

I didn't get the Hitman games the demo didn't work for Blood Money so I didn't want to risk buying a bunch of things that I couldn't use.

Ok Kane and Lynch today, both the games are on the offer 75% off again as well. Dog Days is £3.74 and the first game is £2.49 and all the DLC for those games is on as well for 49p 35p and 99p. I'm downloading the demo for Dog Days, I've already seen the ending which was in a I think in a reviewers worst games of 2010 review thing, it's supposed to be only 4 hours long as well. I'll do some research and see if it's remotely worth getting, i.e. good multiplayer.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 pm

The Kane and Lynch thing is still on offer, though like I said I've heard it's not great. I might get the second game, I kind of like the look of the characters.

Anyway there is a weekend offer on Steam for Civ 5 which is 40% off which works out as £17.99 or the complete edition of Civ 4 which has all the expansions and DLC for £3.75. I'm guessing this offer runs out tomorrow sometime. The Lynch one ends at 6pm this evening.

I was tempted by the Civ one but I don't know if I will get it, I do like Civ though.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Ok today is the last day of these Steam offers and it's Tomb Raider today, the games are the same kind of price as they have been all week, not going to list all the games and prices got to go to work.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Fenon wrote:got to go to work.

? you mean you don't work for Steam lol they should give you a job Fen ;D
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:50 pm

I know this may seem like I like them, but I don't I completely agree with Darks hate for Steam and if it wasn't for the Total War series using Steam I would never have it on my PC, up until recently I only had Total War games and DoW2 on my Steam account, but since these games are so cheap and I'm a cheapskate how could I not get them. I just wanted to let you guys share in the cheapskating.

I bought Tomb Raider Underworld, this morning. Didn't bother with the that new different Tomb Raider game, I've heard it's good and I'm sure it is but I'm not sure if I would like it and I was too addicted to Civ 5 to do any research on it.

I'm glad it's over though, I don't want any more temptation to spend money, I have to get Black Ops and Shogun 2 Total War now.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Ok the demo of Shogun 2 Total War is on Steam now, it's a game that can only be played if you have Steam.

A word of warning, I'm trying to download it now and I got an error message saying the server is too busy for me to be able to download. So there's not much chance of downloading it right now.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Do I have to download steam before I create an account?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 pm

No idea sorry, I made an account 2 years ago don't remember what I did. You could try downloading it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 am

Ok there's a weekend offer on Steam, it will be there till Monday at 6pm.

It's a load of the newer Command and Conquer, well from C&C 3 onwards. I have C&C 3 which for some reason doesn't work on my PC, I got some error message about directx. Ok just did some research and it's some kind of problem with either Windows 7 or directx 10 or 11. I read that the last patch should fix the problem so I'm downloading it to try in out. OH YEAH! Sorry got side tracked there, all the C&C games are £3.74 each. I wouldn't buy C&C 4 I don't think it's a good C&C game, the Red Alert game interests me but I'm going to download the demo and see if it's pap and if it works.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Ok downloaded the demo and played it, not sure what to think of it, it's a bit silly for example in the demo there's a mission in a kind of theme park and some of the enemy troops are playing the games in the park. And there are cyborg bear scouts. The menus etc are a bit cartoony as well, the game looks the same as C&C 3 though, it is just menus. I don't know if the Red Alert series was serious anyway, I only played one of that series and I didn't really like it, I just did a few skirmishes.

The game looks fun anyway and the actors in this game are brilliant, most notably the ever awesome George Takei, I think it's worth getting just for him.

Oh the patch worked I can play C&C 3 again YAY! It doesn't look a lot better than when I played on my laptop but it runs a lot smoother, it was always a little slow before.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:51 am

I strongly recommend all the c&c games on steam be bought, apart from c&c4 which will actually give you aids if played. Be warned.

Red Alert 3 is amazing, it's fantastic C&C with plenty of Red Alert humour.
    C&C 3 is quite good. I enjoyed it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:46 am

Oh yeah C&C 3 is a damn good game, I think it would be nice if the next C&C game added a bit of tactical play, but then again should they? Maybe it wouldn't be C&C any more.

Not sure which things to buy, I mean Red Alert 3 is a given, I've not played it before. I own C&C 3, I've played but don't own Kane's Wrath and I'm not sure how far I got. I wonder if Kane's Wrath will work if I get it on Steam and C&C3 not on Steam. And there's C&C4... I know it's not good, but it is cheap, I think perhaps I should look for a playthrough of it to put myself off.

One thing which sucks a bit with Steam is that when you get a new game on Steam, the first time you try to play it after downloading it, you have to wait a few minutes for it to do some kind of first launch check.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:16 am

The first launch check is generally it just checking it has everything it needs to run, directx usually.
    Whats really annoying is when it wants to install shit like gamespy arcade or xfire, you say no - but then next time it runs it checks for it, and asks again.

I very much doubt steam bought expansions work for non steam copies. Steam version of games are modified to work with the steam install system. They generally can't see each other.
    It's one of those things the steam haters bring up from time to time. Usually in the form of "omg valve sucks, they are making me buy such such game again to play the expansion" Except no ones making these idiots buy games from steam. They bought the original of whatever from a store, they can easily go out and buy expansions the same way.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 am

I might just buy Kanes Wrath on Amazon, it's 3.99 there which is cheaper than getting C&C3 and Kane's Wrath on Steam which is £7.48, I didn't see anything about the postage but I'll try and get it free since I'm in no rush for the game. I was tempted to get them both on Steam but I hate having 2 copied of the same game.

With C&C 4 I'm only really interested in what happens with the story so I'm just watching the cutscene's on youtube. I don't want to give that game any kind of support, it's a cancer that could kill C&C.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Got Red Alert now, the expansions still downloading but thats good. It makes me smile, its a good game.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 pm

CnC4 was always advertised as the end of the Kane arc. Which is sad, we love Kane and it was balls up of an ending. Everyone involved in that game should be shot (except Joe Kucan ofc)

Ea have already anounced that there will be a new Command and Conquer game. Which means either another Red Alert (Yay) or another Generals (boo). Although nothing wrong with Generals, it just isn't Command and Conquer. You always have to worry when a game gets released under another brand, seemingly because otherwise it wouldn't sell on it's own merits.

Anyway back on topic, Braid is up for 2 quid, it's good, off you go.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Downloaded the demo of Braid, I like the background a lot but I found the gameplay frustrating. It's not a bad game, I just suck... and didn't want to put the effort in to get better.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:14 am

Mafia 2 is on offer at the moment, it's Steams mid week thing. You can get the game for £5.

I might get it I'm not sure yet. Downloading the demo to try it first anyway, I did try the demo before but I think that was on the PS3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:55 pm