The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Briisace
Visage
Fenon
7 posters

Red Dead Redemption

Fenon
    Fenon

Red Dead Redemption - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Yep thats little old me, I went on and accepted. Can you compair stats on there, I can't see the option.

Seen a few guys peeing, mostly in out buildings. Saw two drunk guys argueing then one making a wobbly walking escape and the other giving wobbly chase.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:03 pm

awww... I was expecting to be able to compare stats like I can do with other 360 friends but there doesn’t appear to be a way to cross platforms. Sad

Try having 3 or 4 drinks at a bar, took me by complete surprise, lets just say it’s not to far off my early post about drinking 3 shots in a row.
    lol!
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Yeah I can look at the stats of a friend who isn't even signed up to Rockstar Social, but not someone who is. Thats messed up, been looking for a way to complain, I can't see any contact us links.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:08 pm

I've had a few binge drinks meslf. The stuff they serve in those saloons is better than toilet duck. drunken
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Funny thing, drink 4 drinks and you are fine when you leave the bar, drink 5 and you are suddenly without bones.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 am

Before the game came out I would play around at holding a gun like I did as a kid (Holding the gun not imagining my hand was the gun.), anyway when I went online for the first time I had a funny glitch where my gun vanished leaving my characters hand in the position of someone holding a gun except in this case there were sparks I didn't need to make the guns noise and there was no arguing about if they were hit or not.
    Armok

Post by Armok Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:52 am

Got this game on Thursday and must say its good but as a western film fan it didnt fill a need. The gun fighting isnt as refinded as I'd of liked (better than Fallout) and I find the reload system and cover system irritating. The main character is tbh an absolute none entity. He has none of the charm of Butch Cassidy or the brute presence of Clint Eastwood. I would liken it to Tombstone of all movies. Tbh it plain up pissed me off when I was asked to check an Outhouse to find it empty, perfect chance to shoot some guy with his trousers down.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:20 pm

You can catch guys with their trousers down, well pissing anyway. With a gang outfit on (They let you not be noticed by that gang unless you become agressive) I walked into a gang hideout (On a bounty) and there was a guy pissing in an out building. Also last night a guy in the middle of nowhere got off his horse and ran to a rock to releave himself. I tried to lasso him and drag him around but I think I need to buy the triggers for the PS3 controller because my fingers keep slipping off the R2 button as I try to ride my horse, so in the end I just shot him in the groin twice which made him fall to his knees and then shot him there again to finish him off, he was just sitting on his knees hunched over.

The controls and reload don't bother me except in house or close to objects, you will end up shooting the window frame even if you aren't aiming anywhere near it and guns line of fire isn't near the object either. I was on top of a building shooting down I wasn't really near anything I thought but I was firing with a clear line to the enemy and wondering why he wasn't dying when I noticed that when I fire splinters were chipping off of a bit of wood about a meter or so to my right. Also you get a very poor view out of the windows. which is a shame because its so much fun breaking windows, the glass and the wooden frames break beautifully. Cover is sometimes annoying, not often at all but when I've been shooting from behind rocks online I've stopped shooting and then my character has just stood there not moving while I'm waiting for him to crouch down again because I was near death.

Have you played GTA 4 Armok?

I'm getting a bit bored with the game now, I've played the single player game nearly to death (Still get a bit of fun out of it) and I'm sure I could still enjoy online play, but a friend I play online with has vanished for a bit so online play seems a bit pointless. Hopefully he'll be back before the DLC is released (The week of the 21st of June).
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Fenon wrote:

I'm getting a bit bored with the game now, I've played the single player game nearly to death (Still get a bit of fun out of it) and I'm sure I could still enjoy online play, but a friend I play online with has vanished for a bit so online play seems a bit pointless. Hopefully he'll be back before the DLC is released (The week of the 21st of June).

..........Cough! Very Happy

Darkstone wrote:
    Fenon wrote:
    I reckon its better than I dare even hope.

We`ll see next week when you`ve played it so much you`re sick of it. Razz

Darkstone wrote:
    Fenon wrote:
    I reckon its better than I dare even hope.

We`ll see next week when you`ve played it so much you`re sick of it. Razz
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:20 pm

lol!
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:18 am

Awwww come on I lasted two weeks, thats not fair.

Just watched that The Man from Black Water film, kind of pants, it starts ok but then jumps around a bit. Also as someone whos played the game its a bit annoying that he's in the wrong locations, part of the end of the video is shot in a place thats completely different from the place its supposed to be. And at one point takes a massive detour through Pike Bason, which you'll only notice if you've played the game. And for no reason at all parts are shot in Mexico and The Great Plains which have a completely different geography. Graphically I disliked it, it was done on PC and its sharp too sharp the edges are too clean so things don't look like they belong together, and the graphics quality changes through the video so it doesn't sit well together. Its just utterly disjointed Irish is there at the end with no explaining why which is a shame because he's a good character. On the plus side Jenny is in the film, I like Jenny, I was disappointed that she wasn't in more of the game.

There's too much story that has to be told for a 25 minute film, they should have made their own short film unrelated but in the world of Red Dead Redemption. Also its full of Spoilers. I've been waiting to see this all week, I'm quite disappointed that a pro-director with access to the games development team and games source couldn't do better than amateur Machinima Directors.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 am

I'm still playing quite a bit. I hope they've got plenty of d/l content coming too.

I didn't get on with GTA4. I didn't like the main character and restarting failed missions was a pain. I'd give the episodes from liberty city "expansion" a go. I found them a lot more fun.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Any body watch the Film?

Went past a guy killing himself by a dead man earlier, just missed it I was riding by when I noticed something a bit different and by the time I had dismounted and got back to him he was dead. Seen a guy stealing money from a dead woman and another guy stealing objects from around someones dead body before kicking him and and riding off.

Being bads getting quite hard now, I get attacked by posse's at bad times and usually dispite experience I make the bad choice to play around when fighting them and it always ends badly for me. My bounty is $1600, its not gone up much because I was playing on the completed save file trying to get 100% I'm at like 99.1% at the moment, just need one costume and to visit a few bounty locations.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Fenon wrote:Awwww come on I lasted two weeks, thats not fair.

Just watched that The Man from Black Water film, kind of pants, it starts ok but then jumps around a bit. Also as someone whos played the game its a bit annoying that he's in the wrong locations, part of the end of the video is shot in a place thats completely different from the place its supposed to be. And at one point takes a massive detour through Pike Bason, which you'll only notice if you've played the game. And for no reason at all parts are shot in Mexico and The Great Plains which have a completely different geography. Graphically I disliked it, it was done on PC and its sharp too sharp the edges are too clean so things don't look like they belong together, and the graphics quality changes through the video so it doesn't sit well together. Its just utterly disjointed Irish is there at the end with no explaining why which is a shame because he's a good character. On the plus side Jenny is in the film, I like Jenny, I was disappointed that she wasn't in more of the game.

There's too much story that has to be told for a 25 minute film, they should have made their own short film unrelated but in the world of Red Dead Redemption. Also its full of Spoilers. I've been waiting to see this all week, I'm quite disappointed that a pro-director with access to the games development team and games source couldn't do better than amateur Machinima Directors.

Have just watched the film, and was disappointed that it was all in game footage with no extra little titbits thrown in to keep the players interested, if you have played for a few hours already then there was nothing there that you hadn’t already seen. All this Hollywood director did was chop the cut scenes about a bit and had access to a very loose game camera allowing some of the faraway shots.

And Fen as for saying:
    “it was done on PC and its sharp too sharp the edges are too clean”
    that’s your TV matey coz my game looks just the same as the film on my TV.

I tried to save Jenny but she chose to stay in the desert even after I gave her medicine, so I hog tied her put her on the back of my horse and road to town then doped her off outside the doctors, I then untied her and she limped off screaming, that’s all the thanks I got, I should have dumped her on the rail track. lol!

Btw, have you noticed all the clocks keep in game time, and the hands move if you watch them.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm get a bit miffed with the game now. I'm trying to do the strangers mission where you have to collect beaver pelts. I've been searching hours for the little feckers and haven't seen one.

I'm not able to change my outfit anymore. I don't get the option when I'm at a bed or campsite. confused
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Yeah you don't at that point in the game, you'll be able to again after a certain point.

Beavers are in Tall Trees near the water.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm

I was thinking that the outfits problem might be something to do with game progression, but hadn't seen anything about it anywhere.

I know where the beavers are meant to be but I'm still having a problem with them. I spent about two hours looking around for them tonight and only found 3.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Ah so you did find them, yeah I think they are a bit difficult to find I think I had a bit of a time finding them. I'm guessing you are using bait, unless you think its a bit of a cheat. The river to the north of the ranch going into Tall Trees might be a good place to find them I'm not sure.

I thought something was wrong as well when I couldn't change clothes, I get a bug sometimes when button commands don't appear (i.e. can't order drinks and can't open chests) so I thought it was just that bug and restarted the PS3.

Make sure you finish the I Know You stranger before you go any further.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:04 pm

I had a glitch last night where a woman in one of the stranger missions morphed another head and pair of hands, then after a while one body left the other and ran off!!

So this got me wondering what other glitches are there so I found this on YouTube…… Enjoy especially the donkey woman, the dog, and the cougar man. alien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sTonjFnE94
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Seen Donkey Woman, Cougar Man (I believe cougars are usually women of a certain age though) and my personal favourite the bird people. I would love to have seen these in my game. I haven't seen the dog one yet.

Its nice that there are fun glitches.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 am

Well its open world but not much to do now I’ve finished it, I think it’s the only game I’ve ever got 100% in, all missions, outfits, hideouts, bounty’s, mini games, rare weapons, jobs, houses, challenges, stranger missions, and locations, hopefully they will release extra story episodes like they did for GTA, but until then I’m stuck with malty player which would be alright if I could find a good crowed to run with.
    The daft thing is that the outfits you unlock towards the end of the game have good bonuses but by then they are pretty much pointless as you you don’t need them.Rolling Eyes

Not sure what’s next on the gaming horizon, Crackdown 2 comes out next month but the demo put me off. There is a surprisingly good Transformers demo I’ve been playing but as the demo is online only I suck big time. So I guess its back to Mass Affect 2 but as it failed to import my level 50+ MA1 character I’ve lost hart.

*looks at unfinished Assigns Creed 2 sees fens finished it, takes on the challenge.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Aha those glitches are hilarious
    Loved gunslinger dog and the cougar man
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:53 pm

Matt get it and come and freeroam with me, so long as you don’t start singing!
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Can't, as skint as a brick.
    No risk of singing anyway, not got a working headset.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Looks like a lot of multiplayer stuff coming.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news/article/6781/announcing_new_downloadable_content_plans_for_red_dead_redemption

I'll give the last d/l content a go this weekend if my 360 holds up. If not, I'll be on with my new new next week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:05 am