The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Briisace
Visage
Fenon
7 posters

Red Dead Redemption

Briisace
    Briisace

Red Dead Redemption - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post by Briisace Sat May 22, 2010 6:22 pm

see you tonight. Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 23, 2010 11:57 am

Buffalo rifle is nice, Had a quite nice moment just now when I shot 3 of them off there horses before they got to town, last 2 were bit late and when I shot them their horses the horses ran into me knocking me over and then I shot the last one off his horse and put a few more bullets in him to finish him off.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Sun May 23, 2010 2:45 pm

There seems to be a few of you playing this.Would you like a dedicated forum setting up or are you okay with this thread for now ?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 23, 2010 3:02 pm

It certainly is one of the best games I've played, not sure if its going to be played long enough for it to have a forum. I mean its not an MMO, I'm sure I'll play it again when I'm doing to be a real bad outlaw. But after that I'll likely just play it online. and there's not that much online to do other than death matches and pissing around on the free roam map.

Built up quite a lot of cash now hunting. Cougars man I hate them they run fast and make no noise most of the time. They do roar every now and then but mostly I get attacked by them when I've put down bait for other animals and they run in behind me without a sound and rip my back open. I was standing on a hill once and one of them ran in behind me slashed my back (Fairly sure I had a claw rip on my back) which sent me rolling down the hill, then just as I was getting to my feet the git ran down and shunted me over, I started getting up again and it came in for the kill. Damn cougars man.

I'm up to the part a bit after you meet Irish, Got to do some more for that chubby old man then I think I'm going after the fort. Got all the gang outfits now apart from the Walton one, don't want to play poker it takes too long. I get so far in the game then I say f*** it and and go all in, it would be ok if you could just get it after winning one round of poker but you have to take all of their chips, and doing that with 3 people takes a lot of time, (You can wait for there to be just one person at the table before you start playing). Not got the Deadly Assassin clothes yet either, just need the bounty for that Walton Gang guy and then I have it, but he's not appearing.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 am

No I don’t think a new forum is necessary, once we’ve stopped gushing over this it will calm down.

Time for more Gushing…

It gets a 10/10 from me, your right about the puddles fen, the storms are amazing you can see the flashes in the distance before the storm rolls in and then the rain hits creating puddles with rain drops bouncing in them, then they hang around once the rain has stopped until they dry up, it’s all these little bitts of detail that go to make this game one of the most amazing playing experiences I’ve known,

for instance, when I first got the lasso and was asked to herd and tame wild horses I felt like a real cowboy the physics where perfect, and those cougars there like ninja velociraptors, especially when there is more than one they seam to work as a team, it says something when that a wild cat cry can put more fear into you than taking on the meanest outlaws, and I’ve not even seen a bear yet.affraid

When you stop to think of the programming that has gone into this to get the animals to respond so accurately it must have been tweaked and tweaked again, until some big cheese decided it was perfect, Probably a different team for each animal as they each have different characteristics, it makes me wonder how long we will have to wait until we get another game of this standard, apparently this was 6 years in the making.

I’ve put more hours into multi player than the sp, I’ve not encountered any game braking glitches yet, had a dc a couple of times and was booted to another game because of latency issues apparently, but apart from that full 16 player games have run very smooth both in free roam and the dedicated matches.

New things I’ve discovered:

Apart from being able to ride shotgun on stagecoaches in free roam, you can also get in and shoot from the windows.

I’ve seen a dog cock it’s leg and create it’s own puddle Laughing
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Yeah Bears are in the last area, which if you go there in free roam is freaking insane, I went there with a friend and we were destroyed by an army of cougars assisted by bears. I like the sound in the game, you hear gun shots in the distance and you have to stop and listen to where the sound is coming from, the guns also make different sounds depending on where you are. And when you hear cougars, wolves etc theres a sense of "Oh damn!" and you start looking to find them before they get you. The animals react very well, when attacked by wolves if you fire your gun you startle them and they may run off or sometimes they just back off for a while and come back again, and if you try to shoot them as they are charging at you they get nervous and don't attack they just run past. Made a cougar run in the past as well by attacking it with a knife.

The rain makes the game so gloomy and damp just like real rain, it makes you want to go inside and take cover from it. The rain drops you see coming down though aren't the best looking I've seen, they are thick and chunky.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 26, 2010 10:30 am

Nearly finished now, kind of annoyed with myself because it feels like I'm rushing, which I guess I am because I've gone back to work and so only have a short time to play in the morning so I do missions. New Austin was definitely my favourite area, Mexico is beautiful though and Tall Tree's, no Tall Tree just feels tacked on, its too small there's not much there. Going to play again when I'm done as a bad dude, which I'm looking forward to doing and is also maybe why I am rushing.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 26, 2010 1:09 pm

What are you favourite mini games? I like Poker (Now that I don't have to win and can afford to lose, actually I do have to win one in Blackwater.) Lier Dice is fun as well, and I enjoy Horse Shoes, don't mind Black Jack but its not really something I like. I don't like Finger Fillet, or Arm Wrestling (That is better than the version in GTA 4, more tactical).

Would have liked something like tin can alley (There is a kind of target range behind the saloon in Armadillo) and a game where you make someone dance by shooting at their feet (Dance partner!) maybe make it a rhythm game like Fillet. When I heard there was a horse shoe mini game (Before release) I thought it was a game where you attach horse shoes to your newly caught horse, I think I thought this because before I heard that I heard that newly caught horses have no shoes and you ride them bare back.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Well by contrast I’m the complete opposite, even by comparing my stats on Rockstar Social I’m lagging behind. I’ve logged 15 hours but I’m only at 16% completion. Thing is if a npc beckons me I can’t resist investigating.

And that’s without really touching the mini games, I’ve had a quick go on them but that’s about it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 27, 2010 11:32 am

Ok finished the game, spoiled a bit by a spoiler. I was looking up a stranger that I had completed and felt it was safe to look to see if there were any insights into that stranger since it wasn't explained ingame. I've been avoiding anything that looked like a spoiler but in reading about this stranger an idiot without warning gave away a major spoiler about the end of the game. If I was you I would avoid anything to do with the game online until you finish it, even if it doesn't seem like it would contain a spoiler, don't look on gamefaqs either some of the topic titles are spoilers. It wasn't ruined too much, just a little flatter than it should have been. Theres a really nice moment just before the game ends with John. All in all it was one of the best game endings I've seen.

The only thing that lets the game down is that the multiplayer doesn't have enough content, I can't see any reason why it can't have a lot more of whats in the single player game. The whip I'm glad isn't in multiplayer because I can see that being used to frustrate other players (Like being tied up and left unable to move). There are quite a few bugs, which are a bit annoying but really not that bad or game breaking. The game world could have done with being a bit more like Fallout 3, in the way that you meet people, bit difficult to explain what I mean without it sounding like how the game is at the moment.

Not too long till we get that free DLC and hopefully they are working on DLC like GTA 4's DLC or DLC that will make the Free Roam more enjoyable. Whatever it is I hope its enough for it to be worth my while coming back to this game.

Ah well I'm off to play it all over again this time bad to the bone. I wonder how much differently I'm treated.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Thu May 27, 2010 6:22 pm

I didn't read any of your last post after "finished the game".

I've only really tried a bit of poker but it's very well done. The AI play the game about right so you have a decent chance of winning if you know what your doing. I'm waiting til I get to blackwater and go for the achievement.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Thu May 27, 2010 6:30 pm

You can use "spoiler" tags to hide plot lines from casual reading.When writing your post click on the "others" button and select spoiler.Whatever you write between the spoiler tags will be hidden unless the reader clicks the button in the post.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 27, 2010 7:36 pm

I don't think I've said anything thats a spoiler.

Had an amazing shoot out just now, I've got a bounty of nearly $3000 and after I took out nearly everyone in the Saloon using dead eye aiming for just below the belly (And sometimes groin). After taking out the last few people I looked around to see a load of dying people crawling around the floor. A witness ran for the sherif and after killing him about a 10-15 man posse came after me, I ran away while my horse caught up with me, but by the time it had I was in close range of at least 7 or 8 of that posse and my body was being torn up by bullets, I used dead eye and started picking them off, fully expecting to die, I took the closest few down and quickly healed and used an item to restore dead eye (Moonshine) and started taking more out but still expecting not to survive, my horse never came close enough to me but luckily a posse horse ran past me and I jumped on and rode off, more men joined the posse (One or two) and after riding for a bit I stopped and took out the remaining members of the posse. I went back to town, had a few drinks (The bar was still covered in blood, but full of people again) and slept. Best fight I've had yet in the game I think. Typed this out a bit quick, expecting people.

I have the lowest honour possible now, which is cool.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 pm

The Bandana Mask, doesn't do what I thought, I thought as long as you weren't seen putting on or taking off the Mask you lost the bounty you had built up wearing it. No what happens is you don't lose honour (Or fame I think it says but I don't remember seeing my fame go down without it on) when you are wearing it and when you remove it your wanted level goes down faster. So no point in me wearing it, I want my honour to go down (If they had something to stop it going up, I'd wear that). Its quite hard to keep low honour, doing missions raises it quite a lot.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Oh cool, just saw a video on Rockstars site saying that some director is making a short film with Red Dead that will be on Fox on May 29th.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Crime doesn't pay, I'm nearly broke. Its very dangerous for me to do anything now that could involve me getting introuble with the law, a small army comes after me.

Got a bounty of nearly $8000, would be higher but I let myself be taken in by bounty hunters at the start of the game when I had a bounty of about $1500, to see what happens when they catch you alive and take you to jail.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Sat May 29, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm being a good boy.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 29, 2010 9:35 pm

I did first time around (Which I suggest) but its fun to be real bad I don't think theres actually anything different, i.e. getting different random events, except posse's coming after you, but people treat you differently and talk to you in different ways (not in the missions). Can do bounties but they aren't that helpful to me, they don't give you money when you do them if you have a bounty on your head, they just reduce your bounty by the amount you earned. I want a bounty and mines over 10.000 now so I'd have to do a lot of bounty hunting. I actually went down to $4 last night, so I just bought a few drinks and ended up with $0. Robbed the bank a few times, which is easy (Not that much of a reward for doing it though) I've yet to get away without alerting the law. I've not managed to rob a train though, its possible but I don't know the best way to do it.

Had any interesting event happen to you in the game? I'd be interested to hear them.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 29, 2010 11:07 pm

The short film made using Red Dead (Tonight in the US) next Saturday on Five US at 11.25pm. Its got a proper director who made a good western (Set in Australia) called The Proposition, I watched it when waiting for Red Dead. On the Rockstar website it says that they only used ingame material to make the movie (I'm guessing it they had access to the development tools to make a very long cutscene, not like Machinima) I think they mean voice recordings etc not running around like you do in the game, they said its all stuff in the game except a few lines of text. Should be good, hopefully someone will leak it onto the net sometime in the next day or two, don't really want to wait a week.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Sat May 29, 2010 11:14 pm

The trailer looks okay.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Looks like its showing things upto the end of the first area, so I would get to Mexico before you watch it, I would guess there will be more than a few spoilers. Shame they didn't do an original story in the Red Dead world. Its about 30 minutes long.

Little Red Dead Machinima:

Dark have you got, or are getting this game?
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Sun May 30, 2010 12:28 am

I could get it I suppose,but then I`d need a console to play it on clown
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 30, 2010 12:37 am

You don't have a PS3 or (Evil) 360? You should get one, its one of those games thats worth buying a console to play (Unless you reaaaaalllly hate westerns).

Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Mon May 31, 2010 9:27 am

I came across a cowboy having a piss behind a rock yesterday.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:29 am

Fen I’ve sent Gunrick a friends invite on the Rockstar social thing I’m assuming that’s you.

Bri the last guy I caught peeing I lassoed and interrupted him, he pulled a gun on me I just galloped off laughing. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:18 am