The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Briisace
Visage
Fenon
7 posters

Red Dead Redemption

Briisace
    Briisace

Red Dead Redemption - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post by Briisace Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Update. the 360 is no more, it's pushing up daisy's, it's an ex 360...etc.........

I just got an error code which I didn't like though. Checked what it was, and it said fried hard drive. Fooking hope not.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Those look good, I like that they will be adding poker and liar dice online those were my favourite mini-games. And the Zombie single player expansion should be fun.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:26 pm

liars dice and poker online, w00t.

Can you tell my 360 is fooked?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Zombie? Oh come on why dose every other game have to have zombies for dlc, I love rdr for its attention do detail and the realistic believable world it immerses you in, yeah I don’t deny it could be fun but why zombies have they no imagination? Now zombies in GTA that would be a laugh.

See you over the weekend bri….. Oh wait….. bom
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Ya I've noticed a few games getting Zombie DLC, I don't have any of those games so it'll be different for me, as long as its detacted from the main single player game, I would also like the DLC to be detacted in online, I don't want to be playing free roam and see Zombies unless I have gone online with the DLC (Even if I have the DLC I don't want to go on and be forced into a Zombie based Wild West).
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:20 pm

DUEL.......................

http://www.wimp.com/fastestgunman/
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:39 pm

That is fast, bit of a cocky begger though.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm

On my HD TV Red Dead now looks like a generation above what it was on the standard TV. Had to play at first though I think mostly because of the increase in size, I had a hard time aiming, I was over shooting. Getting used to it now, and with the larger TV and sharp more detailed screen my aiming should improve quite a bit. I've also discovered I didn't have my screen setup correctly, Marson was quite wide before, now he's thin and tall. I want to see a storm, but I have a feeling it won't be quite as nice as on standard def, the way the colours worked on the old TV and the fact that HD is a lot sharper may infact work against it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:04 am

I finally got 100% on this, this morning. I just had some bounty locations and the US Marshal costume to get, been putting that one off because it seemed like a lot to do all at once, but it was actually quite quick, I had loads of time left over.

I only got 100% for the sake of getting 100%, I feel dirty wearing the costume you get for doing it. It's a great game and getting 100% didn't mean collecting a load of things that have no purpose and I don't care about remotely, yes I'm talking about you Assassin's Creed and you hundreds of flags hidden around the game, I'm not going to actually waste my time searching for that crap, wouldn't even if it gave me something good, as it stands I don't think it does anything.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:11 pm

I’m also in the 100% club and enjoyed every minute. But the costumes are a bit pointless as you don’t start to unlock the better ones until the end and by then there’s no point. scratch

Oh and I've finished the story of ACII, was a bit of a chore to be honest, definitely not returning for the collectibles.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:36 am

*Spoiler maybe*

Yeah, the Legend of the West outfit takes a lot of work and you can only get it just before they stop you from changing clothes for a while. It is quite annoying in games that you usually only get the most interesting items just before you complete the game and have no more use for them. There's a good reason of course but that doesn't stop me feeling a little bit cheated.

*/spoiler over*

I would like to see a game where you start out with everything and then over the course of the game loss everything. Finite supply of times or even have the players body break down either by not recovering and have to be careful or damage i.e. lossing an arm in cutscenes etc. It would be nice even in the final boss battle to loss eye sight and use sound to guide the player in the final fight.

I didn't collect everything on ACII, it's much better than AC's collectable's but I still don't care.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Fen if you still have this you must download the new Undead Nightmare pack, has to be the best dlc I’ve seen for a game. All previous Red Dead dlc’s have focused on multiplayer but this ads a new stand alone story to the main game, just get it and put your 3D goggles on! affraid
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:43 am

The only reason I haven't bought it yet is that alone with the Undead DLC £7.99 they have also released a bundle of I think all the DLC for £15.99 which I think means you get one free. I don't play Red Dead much any more and I don't play online with my friend at all really. So I'm trying to make up my mind if I should get all the DLC or just that one.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Yep I would have gone for the bundle if I hadn’t bought the Lyres & Cheats pack the day before Suspect Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes but the first two are only really worth having if you intend to go online.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 pm

I did get the bundle in the end, I like playing poker and the new weapons sounded fun, the exploding rifle does feel like a complete cheat weapon, I wouldn't get that if I hadn't already completed the game. I'm hoping its in the Undead DLC because I want to explode vombies.

These damned DLC shops man everytime I buy something on them the next day or week the thing I bought goes on offer, it's freaking stupid.

Had to download the DLC over night as the connection was crap, don't know if thats there end or mine, I imagine a lot of people would have been downloading that for the last few days, and the PSN Stone isn't that good the day new stuff comes out. Anyway not that far into it just got to Armadillo, when I got to the cliff it looked amazing there was like a low cloud and everything looked foggy, it's been a while but I think thats new to that DLC. Everytime a Zombie tackles someone and starts biting them I kill the zombie and then relax thinking its over and then the tackled person gets up, and later I shot a normal person (Because he didn't give me any ammo, after I saved him) and I expected him to get back up after I only shot him in the body a few times. Also I've captured one of the legendary creatures, I'm not sure if there are more or if its just this one, it's a fun little extra.

Have you completed it yet? I ask only because I'm concerned that its not going to be a long game since it was only £7.99.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:07 am

Not yet taking it slow I've only been on it a couple of times this week, I've met bigfoot and seen Seth and that bird from the ranch, so I guess its Armadillo next.

I think the main story is about 7 hours with a few more if you do the side quests.have you got any of the apocolypse horses yet?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:14 am

Yeah that was the legendary creature I was talking about, I have caught war. I haven't been to the ranch yet, I avoided it and came across the horse when I did. I had a chance at another legendary creature but it was when I was doing the big foot thing and I thought it was talking about him.

Some of the zombies make really nasty noises, some are spooky but some are like banshee's and make a painful screech.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Started playing this again today, mostly poker. It's sooooo relaxing, I can just sit and play it all day, I make 0% progress in that day as well, I rarely make money playing poker. Well today I did, I needed to get $1,000 in total from gambling for the savvy merchant outfit, that took forever.

I have all the outfits now, I got the expert hunter outfit today as well, it was the last one I needed. Kinda got it by chance, I was trying to find a cougar to blow up and this funny looking thing ran past me, I was going to ignore it but I wasn't having much luck finding a cougar so I allowed myself to get distracted. Turns out that thing I killed was the legendary jackalope, I thought I'd be searching for that forever, and just after killing that a cougar came after me.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm

I still consider this to be one of he most immersive complete games I’ve ever experienced, just a shame about the zombie addon as I hate zombies. affraid
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm

There were so many Zombie DLC's at the time it would have been nice for them to be a bit different, but they did do it well. Have you played the Zombie DLC? I just looked at your last post, did you finish the game?

The last few times I've played at night the servers have been full of people, join a free for all game with only one person on it and within minutes it's full of people, if anything the game is busier that it was when it was released.

Yeah it really is perhaps the most immersive game ever. There are so many little things that are awesome, the glass which breaks like sugar glass, the way the wind moves your clothes, wolves running away from you when you start shooting and lurk till they are brave enough to attack again, the echo when shooting from a cliff, the way you can go into the wilds and just get distracted by things for hours on end, the mini games that make you forget about continuing the main story, Herbert Moon.

Red Dead Redemption - Page 5 186745_100002177497513_3431880_n
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 pm

lol @ Hebert Moon just one of so many characters that bought the game to life.

Yes I got 100 completion for the story, I did start the Nightmare dlc but like I said I don't like zombies, even Shaun of the Dead gives me the creeps.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:06 pm

I ain't keen on any horror stuff, it's very rare that I engage in any of it. I played the Undead DLC so long ago now that I can't remember how scary I found it, if at all. There were most-likely plenty of moments when I was spooked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 am