The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Fenon
Briisace
6 posters

Champions online.

Fenon
    Fenon

Champions online. - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions online.

Post by Fenon Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 am

Hmmm what happened to P oppy? I was expecting to see him last night at some point, or at least to see a post on here. P oppy your computer didn't blow up because of that graphics card did it?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:45 am

Almost, Overcockers suggested I try the card, well it blue screened on driver reboot putting windows 7 into a long recovery that it didn't recover from, so had to go into safe mode to remove the driver and try another, did this a few times with different drivers, the card is being returned! To say I’m gutted is an understatement.

Might cheer myself up buy ordering a gtx460 from ebayer

And the patch downloaded so fast i didn’t really notice, I started it going went to do something else the next time I checked it was done.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 am

oh and quick question, dose anyone no of a good free driver cleaner?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 am

Ok I guess it was just my currently unstable internet connection.

Damn thats awful, Overclockers really dropped the ball, picked it up smashed the neighbours windows recovered the ball smashing its own windows pissed on the ball and then kicked it into the face of an innocent child, licking a lolly pop and reminding us of better times.

You get that GTX 460 and make sure you give Overclockers a bad review. I wonder if them taking down the link to that graphics card has anything to do with it turning up like that?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:18 am

Fenon wrote:I wonder if them taking down the link to that graphics card has anything to do with it turning up like that?

Yeah that crossed my mind too.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 am

Dear Chris

I have raised an RMA for you to get the item back to us for testing, All the details
    have been sent to your email address, Please check that these are all correct before
    sending the item back to us. By sending the item back to us you agreeing to our
    terms and conditions within the RMA email. If the item is found faulty then it will
    be refunded for you.

Regards,

James Bailey

Cheeky buggers, i told them it was already opened before they asked me to try it, now they want to test it!!

They sold me a used card as a new one that should be apologies and full instant refund, got a feeling this is going to drag on.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:57 am

Hope it doesn't man, I'd have second thoughts about using them again if it does.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Visage wrote:oh and quick question, dose anyone no of a good free driver cleaner?

there's some driver tools here although i dunno if they're any good..
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?id=28&sort=7

only one i've tried on that list is SlimDrivers it detects what drivers need updating, makes restore points and lets you choose if you wanna try update them although some don't always work but it is freeware whereas most of these type of things are shareware so meh

if you meant a drive cleaner then ccleaner is freeware and pretty damn good
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Cheers DeepSpace thats just what I needed. Smile
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:43 am

Yeah finally made it to level 20. It should have happened yesterday but I got annoyed with a quest, and did a semi rage quit (Miffed quit).
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 pm

I’ll be avoiding Overclockers in the future, got a refund on the card but not on any of the shipping, So out of pocked by about £12, I’ll fight for it but I really shouldn’t have to, appalling customer service!

On the plus side am now running a factory overclocked GTX 460, http://www.ebuyer.com/product/251197
    All good so far, bought Crysis from Morisons bargain bin only £4.00!! Game set everything on high using highest res, looks & plays amazing and fully configured to the 360 pad out the box,

Could be rose tinted specks, but it’s the first time I’ve had graphics that match or beat my trusted 360.

Champions is pulling around 40 to 50 fps with everything maxed. Will start putting some time into it now.Rolling Eyes
    My family HTPC is turning into a bit of a mean gaming machine. Very Happy
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:21 pm

I`ve used Overclockers maybe once or twice in the past but I`m firmly an Ebuyer person.I`ve spent thousands there and had an issue maybe once or twice which resulted in immediate replacement,usually with a slightly better item.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Visage wrote:I’ll be avoiding Overclockers in the future, got a refund on the card but not on any of the shipping, So out of pocked by about £12, I’ll fight for it but I really shouldn’t have to, appalling customer service!

On the plus side am now running a factory overclocked GTX 460, http://www.ebuyer.com/product/251197
    All good so far, bought Crysis from Morisons bargain bin only £4.00!! Game set everything on high using highest res, looks & plays amazing and fully configured to the 360 pad out the box,

Could be rose tinted specks, but it’s the first time I’ve had graphics that match or beat my trusted 360.

Champions is pulling around 40 to 50 fps with everything maxed. Will start putting some time into it now.Rolling Eyes
    My family HTPC is turning into a bit of a mean gaming machine. Very Happy

I think the GTX460 must be better than what the PS3 and 360 have, the internets forum that I just quickly looked at thinks the PS3 uses a 7800GTX.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:33 am

Played it, was kinda ok. Finished the starter bit, then got plonked in the middle of somewhere with a hundred gazillion icons on my map none of which gave an indication what I was supposed to be doing and that was the end of that.

Character creation is far too addictive, 100 gazillion options and every one seems to make an inhuman freak. le sigh to my creativity skills.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:19 am

If you put your curser over the mini map and use the wheel you can zoom in and out, but zoom in and it'll be easier to see what you need to do. Don't worry too much about the science, arms and Mystical stuff it doesn't really matter which you pick and you can always change.

Just look for !'s (Quests) and ?'s (Completed quests). The green circles are where you need to go for the quests. It is a bit overwhelming when you first get to this city but take one thing at a time and you should be fine. The Power House is that big cog like thing in the middle of the area you start in, just go upto the electric stuff.

I think just about everything in the game can be undone so don't worry too much, I suggest playing with the fast travel stuff before picking one, it's free to pick a new one when you are in the power house but when you leave you have to pay and go back, not a huge amount at first but it's still a waste.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:35 am

I know arms is for weapon based classes and mystic is for those magic users. No real idea what people that have normal super powers use. Not sure what science if for.

I know that these things are just for crafting devices.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:30 am

Fenon wrote:
    Just look for !'s (Quests) and ?'s (Completed quests). The green circles are where you need to go for the quests.

Have only just figured the above out myself Shocked

Fen one of the early quests where you kill 6 of one gang and then 6 of another and then interrogate one from each…Well the first gang in the park just past the jet gave me information after the 6 kills, but the other gang (Purple something) keep on attacking me, I’ve killed loads but no ones letting me interrogate them for the info I need to finish the quest. Am I missing something or do I just keep killing until some random offers the info?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Visage wrote:
    Fenon wrote:
    Just look for !'s (Quests) and ?'s (Completed quests). The green circles are where you need to go for the quests.

Have only just figured the above out myself Shocked

Fen one of the early quests where you kill 6 of one gang and then 6 of another and then interrogate one from each…Well the first gang in the park just past the jet gave me information after the 6 kills, but the other gang (Purple something) keep on attacking me, I’ve killed loads but no ones letting me interrogate them for the info I need to finish the quest. Am I missing something or do I just keep killing until some random offers the info?

I don't think its random they gave me the info right away, has the part that says how many purples you have to kill gone green? When you meet one of the groups of purples they should just give up without having to lay a hand on them.

If the number of purples is green and they aren't still aren't talking to you maybe its a random bug, try giving up the quest and starting again. When I did this quest I kept attacking the purples and didn't know about the other gang. Try going to the fountain in the middle I think it's only purples there you might have more luck.

Other than that I don't know.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks, its all green except for the last interrogation, I give them chance to talk to me, but I still get attacked, I’ve been mainly around the buildings after the tunnel, there is a parking lot with lv9’s and a few 10’s. I’ll try the fountain if that doesn’t work I’ll reset the quest.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:59 am

I've got to play Champions this week, I bought a subscription and it runs out on 27th or rather they charge me again then so I need to cancel it on the 26th. This is more of a note to myself. I need to play and get the most I can out of the game so if you want to play I'll see you online.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 am

Videos

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Thats interesting, I just heard that Perfect World Entertainment have bought Cryptic how made this game, and other things like Star Trek Online. PWE make free to play games so maybe they will change those games to be f2p, well this already is... yeah... wonder what they will do anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:59 am