The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Fenon
Briisace
6 posters

Champions online.

Briisace
    Briisace

Champions online. - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions online.

Post by Briisace Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm

I can see why I was having a few problems playing the game. It looks like you can only really customise your powers if you pay to play. You have a pre-set dependant on what sort of character you choose. It looks like they gave me the one which was closest to the one I had made. There still looks a pretty good selection of "classes" though.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Got a wireless 360 controller working very nicely, this is an example of how a MMO could work on a console, once a controller is detected it even shows what button to press, the only thing I can’t do with the controller is target destructible scenery the targeting just cycles through the nearest mobs, so still need a mouse for that.
    Hoping to play from the comfort of the sofa on the big screen once the wireless keypad arrives.

Still not convinced about the game though, I’ve done a lot of hack n slash but have not really progressed only lv4, maybe I should pay more attention to quests, (if I can find a quest log). and it all looks a bit bland or maybe thats my graphics.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:43 pm

It's not the best looking game sure, but I'm over the way it looks and am just enjoying the game.

Yeah you need to do the quests, you'll struggle to level without doing them and won't be able to get out of the tutorial area, I imagine anyway, well no you just need to do the last one or two, but still you shouldn't leave the tutorial area till at least level 6. The quests are called Missions and they should be listed down the right side of the screen but if they aren't click on one of the things round the outside of the mini map.

HA FINALLY MANAGED TO POST SOMETHING!!!! My internets been down for the last 4 or 5 hours.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Tried to get into the game but it's basically down again, might take a bath and an early night.

I'll try ever now and again but I doubt I'll have luck.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Visage wrote:

Still not convinced about the game though, I’ve done a lot of hack n slash but have not really progressed only lv4, maybe I should pay more attention to quests, (if I can find a quest log). and it all looks a bit bland or maybe thats my graphics.

Forget getting exp from mobs. You've got to complete quests if you want to level.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 am

Couldn't work out why you guys had a black out line, but I've just found it's switchable, personally I think it looks better without.

TV works great, been using the controller all night, only had to get up a couple of times to use the keys, I also updated my graphics drivers and it allowed me to fiddle with some of the effects that were grayed out before like shadows and lighting, although when I move the fps just dies (only pulling about 15 to 25 anyway) I can see how it could look, so now I've sussed how to play on the big screen not just this but other games, I'll be looking to get a graphics card.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Sweet my controller works as well, it comes under joy stick not xbox controller but it still has the xbox buttons on the screen, hmmm.

Bit confusing at first but when you get used to it it's quite good.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 am

Can see the potential of this now, Love the transport skills, Acrobatics fits perfectly with my character and is the first thing that makes this stand out from other mmo’s.
    Once I sort the graphics out I can see myself playing this a lot and using the cash shop like I did in RoM, but the thing that impresses me most is the shear variety of characters that players have created, Arms comrades here should consider downloading this just to play with character creation, there is seriously hours of fun in that alone.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:12 am

Yeah I've found myself chasing after players that are moving at high speeds just to get a good look at their characters.

I kinda want to give City of Heroes ago, it's made by the same people and has been out for a lot longer, graphics aren't as good, customization isn't as deep but is still very deep. The thing with that game is that it's had a fair few expansions, City of Villians was I think the first, or it might have been it's own game and then merged with City of Heroes I'm not sure, which I guess added a PvP element to the game and recently City of Heroes Going Rogue was released which is about heroes turning bad and villians turning good. It's still pay to play though.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:21 am

I remember bri sending me a buddy trial of CoH a few years ago, it was alright but it just didn’t click with me.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:32 am

Vis when do you play?

Got a second costume for Gunrick now, I think I got it at level 15 but it may have been sooner and I didn't notice. Bri do you have costume slots?

HEY would made it so I can't say P o p p y? Grrrrr!
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:55 pm

LOL have you only just noticed? the P o p p y thing that was changed months ago and not by me, was quite disappointed you hadn’t noticed Laughing

Usually get on around 10pm but I’m not playing proper until the graphics are sorted.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 pm

clown
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 pm

I don't know how I could have missed it either (I have mad proof reading skills yo!). I guess every time I wrote Po ppy I didn't read the post again for mistakes.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Balls there's a patch, it's only 94mb. So I'll be downloading it all night... The download speeds for this game suck more than anything else I've seen before. I did want to catch Po ppy tonight and finally add him...

Edit: The all night thing wasn't a joke, looks like it really might take that long, this is stupid...
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Fen you may have seen this, it’s a guide to how the controller is mapped, I’m assuming it’s the same for all pads. Just translate the ABXY to your Circle Square Triangle & X

There are a few button combos I didn’t know about here like RTrigger+ Rb = switch between hostile/friendly targeting, I’ve not tried it yet but that was my main gripe not being able to target friendly or destructible, hopefully this will do it.

Abbreviated Terms:

Ab, Bb, Xb, Yb = Self explanatory (A,B,X,Y buttons)
    RTrigger = Right Trigger
    Rb = Right Shoulder Button
    LTrigger= Left Trigger
    Lb = Left Shoulder Button
    LStick = Left Stick Button
    RStick = Right Stick Button
    Joypad = Directional Pad
    Joypad button = Directional Pad Button (no known game function)
    start button = Options Menu
    Select button = Close options

Known Controls (so far)

Rb = next target
    LTrigger + Rb = prev target
    RTrigger+ Rb = switch between hostile/friendly targeting
    Lb + Rb = clear target
    Lb + move RStick = switch target to next in that direction
    Ab or Bb = Jump or if Flying Move up
    RTrigger + Ab or RTrigger+Bb = Down
    LStick = travel power 1
    RTrigger+LStick = travel power 2
    RStick = Zoom (Press again to cycle through 3 levels of Zoom)
    RTrigger+LTrigger = Block
    Xb or Yb or Bb = powers 0, 1, 2
    LTrigger + Xb or Yb or Bb or Ab = Powers 3, 4, 5, 6
    Lb + X or Yb or Bb or Ab = Powers 7, 8, 9, 10
    RTrigger + Xb or Yb or Bb = Powers 11, 12, 13
    Joypad_Right + Xb or Yb or Bb or Ab or Rb = Devices 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
    Joypad_Down + Xb or Yb or Bb or Ab = switch build to Offensive, Defensive, Balanced, Support
    Joypad_Up = Interact (With Keyboard/Mouse controls it is known as hitting the "Z" key on Keyboard)
    Joypad_Left = Not mapped to a known function
    Joypad_Left + Xb or Yb or Bb or Rb = Not mapped to a known function.

Known game interactions with the controller:

* You can break a hold by shaking the left stick fast or by hitting the buttons
    * When a menu is open you can navigate through choices with the DPad and then pressing "A" button to confirm.
    * When a Menu is open you can close it by hitting "B"
    * Rtrigger+Rb is a toggle to target enemies or friendlies. If you find your HUD is no longer targetting enemies, press Rtrigger+Rb.
    * Switching builds is easy and quicker than opening the build menu when you press Joypad_down+X,Y,A,B or Rb.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Have just seen your patch note, I didn't even login laast night so I stil have that to come, So much for my plan to test my new card out when I get home.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 pm

I think it took like an hour and a half to download in the end, I started at 10 and was playing I think by 11 something. Don't think I did much last night.

I know how to use a few things right side button 1 to cycle through enemies (Dangerous as you have to go though every enemy to get back to the first one), and the other side buttons to allow you to use different attacks. Up on the D pad to talk to NPC interact with stuff, and of course the buttons to attack. Other than that I don't know them, I'll read what you've discovered later need to get ready now.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:46 pm

After reading it LTrigger + Rb = prev target should stop you cycle through enemies.

Also this might be the answer

6) I can't select inanimate objects in game and can't destory them if the mission calls for it.

- you must check “no” to the option of “never auto target objects” in the control window
    - if you select “show auto target” (I believe that is what it is called. if not it's something along those lines) I find this extremely useful for showing what u will select.
    To select an object you simply look at it. It will come up with a red target around but it wont actually be selected (show auto target feature at work)..now just attack and it will be your selected target

Card has arrived, seal broken, some things unbaged and loose, tokens for games and pc badge missing, it's obviously not new. And pore packaging with bubble wrap not covering end of box that is now dented, not happy, will install and cross fingers, I expect better from Overclockers. Evil or Very Mad
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Yeah thats awful, the only things that were openned on my delivery were to do with the overclocking and so had to have been openned. Quite disappointing, do they have a home collection return on what you bought?
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:52 pm

I would be sending that back I`m afraid.One thing I do before unpacking new stuff is have a camera handy and document any damage etc to the packaging.Of course it wont prove anything but most companies will accept it as proof of transit damage.

Very surprised to hear this happened with Overclockers,I`d give them a ring mate.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:17 pm

I downloaded the patch in about 5 minutes. You sure it's not your connection?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Fairly sure, I mean Pop py had a bad time downloading the client and I suppose the first patch after downloading as well. I've no doubt my internet speed isn't as good as others on here but it's not 1-2kb's, I could see every other kb as it downloaded. 94mbs only takes a few minutes normally although I did have trouble on Sunday with my connection so it could be left over from that. We'll see if Pop py has a problem.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Might just have been me, my internet is acting up again, I don't know if I've exceeded the bandwidth because I've downloaded like at least 60gbs this month, or if they are just doing something to the line which is messing stuff up. I tried RoM and it's update was downloading at like 2kb/s oh and I also lag died because of the connection! I want my stars damn it! I don't know what they do but so help me I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... eeeeeeeeeeeeeed them.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:22 pm

we just a shitstorm of thunder and lightning but despite onpening the window i failed to be zapped

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:17 pm