The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days.

Fenon
    Fenon

The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days.

Post by Fenon Wed May 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Wow thats a long intro. You don't see too many intro's like that.
    Visage
    Visage

The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days.

Post by Visage Wed May 25, 2011 10:24 pm

I was trying to think of another one that betters it but I can't at the moment, I've watched it 4 times and I'm still not tired of it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Grr just lost most of my cash because of a bug. I bought a design for a better sword which was quite expensive if I remember correctly and when I tried to make the sword I found a different weak sword with a similar name in my inventory, I thought that maybe I had sellected the wrong design. I didn't have enough iron left so I had to buy loads. When I tried again the same thing happened. I also won an item which didn't appear in my inventory, I think it's for a side quest which I guess I can't complete now.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm coming to the end of this game now, and it seems wrong to say it but it feels a bit short... I think because of all of the content and the detail in everything the length of the story itself has been reduced. There are 16 different endings and 4 different starts, which again I think add to why it feels short. It's got a tonne of replay value, I doubt I'll try for all 16 endings. When I saw what the max level was I knew the game wasn't going to be super long. I've also been playing this for a week so thats not exactly a short amount of time. I've not finished the game yet, I don't know how much more there is I just too a quick look in the guide because it felt like the story was coming to an end. I think again it also feels short because you have that massive map, but in actual fact you don't go to most of it, nearly all of the map you get in the game box is unused in the game.

I don't feel ripped off in the slightest because it's a wall to wall game packed full of detail but, just feels short.

The patch is now available, I'm having trouble installing it but it could have been a bad download, I'm also getting security warnings.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 27, 2011 9:27 am

Have you patched Fen? The dlc is now immediately available from the message board in flotsam without the need to register on the forum, there have been a few tweaks, loading is quicker, and they have changed to 360 pad configuration a bit, and a few extra things in the menu like invert mouse etc, but it will reset you settings back to default so you’ll need to reset it to high, and it looks like fps has improved a little, BUT…….

THE DRM HAS BEEN REMOVED you can now load it onto as many computers as you like, So will Stony be playing this by the end of the week?
    Wink
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 am

I started the game after trying to install the patch and the settings of the game had changed and the game did seem to start faster. I got a message saying launcher failed to patch, when I was patching. So maybe everything but the launcher patched? It's a shame there is no bit of text saying what version the game is. Some of the files in the games folder say they were modified yesterday when I tried to patch. Which patch did you download Vis?

Just finished the game, I think there is a 90% chance of a sequel, the only thing that would stop it is the company going out of business. The end of the game leaves room for a seguel without leaving you feeling cheated like Halo 2 (Not played it but I've heard).

If the flash backs in this game are really from the first game then this game makes the best use of the story of the first game that I've ever seen, the first games story is completely entwined with this one.

Well 16 more endings to see, and hundreds more blue screens. I'd better get started.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 27, 2011 10:53 am

Play the first one! Unable to link to the patch at the mo, but is was the one for retail, and I got a failed to patch to start with but I had the launcher open in the background so closed that tried again and it worked.

EDIT.. it was the International patch.1.1
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

I want to play the first one but I'm a bit concerned about buying it on Steam incase it doesn't work and I don't have a pay pal account. I may well just buy it on Steam and work out how to get it to work if there is a problem.

I like that they have a problem with their DRM or whatever it is and just say balls to it and take it off. I don't know how smart it is but I like it anyway.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Well playing the game on hard, either its a bug or on hard you need more tallent points to get skills but so far I've not been able to use the tallent points on anything.

I also just had a bug were my mouse wasn't controlling the camera, the mouse was working it was moving fine in the menu screen, I also couldn't throw any bombs, and yeah I did have some. So far no blue screen since the patch, I've not played long since getting the patch though so that doesn't mean much yet.

Edit: Just tried it again and the same thing happened and this time I couldn't even attack.

Edit again: Happened again, seems to happen when I use the strum bomb 3 times, not all in a row.

Edit again again: Just googled and other people are having the problem, it is something to do with the range button, I saw no answer to the problem on the forum. I didn't have this problem when I used them on my last playthrough so maybe it's a hard bug? I used bomb after bomb on some enemies.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 29, 2011 1:23 am

Ok wow, the escape at the start of the game is a fair bit different depending on the choices you make. I'm looking forward to seeing how other things change as it goes on.

Oh the not being able to use talent points when I press C isn't a bug, but it's not listed on the changes between difficulties, to use talent points on hard you have to meditate, which isn't a big deal, I think the point of it is that you can't just use talent points whenever you like. I don't always use them right away any how, and I'm going to try and save them up to use on the tree's which are locked at the start if I can. Quen is vital for me on hard so I want to level that up right away. It only takes a few blows to die on hard so shield makes things a lot easier. I also want to try and make use of Alchemy more in this playthrough.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Ok screw it I'm just going to buy the first game on Steam, I'll bet it will be on offer next week but if it's not I'll just end up waiting incase it's on offer the week after.

I'm sure it's an awesome game and worth the price.

Edit: done. No doubt I'll have problems playing it now.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 30, 2011 12:41 am

Ok just downloaded the patch from another site, and it did install this time. I'm at the point where you get the troll contract but I didn't get the quest so I figured the patch didn't install correctly after all. Hopefully it has now and I'll have smooth running.

Edit: Ok I just did a clean install of the most up to date drivers that aren't beta, I was just going to install the 3D vision drivers and see how the game works now that it's patched but I saw that some of the drivers were still the beta drivers even though I rolled back. All the drivers are for the correct version now, so hopefully that will help with smooth running of the game. The game now works fine with the 3D vision drivers, it's a shame that my trial ran out, but I don't really care. I don't really want to strain my eyes at the moment. Plus I'd have to play in 1280 by 720.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 am

I've played the first game for just over an hour and my first impression is that the combat is not as fluid or enjoyable as the second game, which is to be expected. I'm getting used to it now but at the start I was getting a bit annoyed that I was clicking and the animation started and then stopped with a "too fast" message popping up all the time. It looks like the skills are more indepth in this game but I found the graphics on the skill menu a bit confusing, it didn't exactly take long to work out but my eye's weren't drawn to what I needed to look at right away.

I don't like the cartoony icons for items, I'm going to look into mods to change them. Just looked there are mods for the Witcher but I didn't see any for icons. It's not that big of a deal anyway. I like the sword sharpening item, thats a nice idea. I keep wanting to press Z to search for loot.

At the moment I'm still adjusting to everything, I would say that right now I like everything in the second game more, which is how it should be, I don't dislike anything in the first game it's just different. I quite like that the skills are simpler in the second game, even down to the fact that they aren't over the top and "EPIC" I like that they are just down to earth little things.

Triss looks like a different person in the first game, I mean I would have knew who she was on sight even if they didn't say but she's a bit more sexual than she is in the second game. Strange woman though, I looked in her wardrobe and found a chicken wing and in her dresser there was alcohol.

I was expecting this game to be set before Gerald lost his memory, looks like the flashbacks in the second game aren't from the first. I see a prequel coming at some point, at least I hope that happens.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 31, 2011 10:28 am

American accents abound in this game.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 am

A must watch Witcher 2 review, not work safe.

Awesome the Polish Prime Minister gave Barack Obama a copy of the Witcher 2.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:53 am

The Witcher 2 has had some pretty big patches released, it's up to version 2 a lot of gameplay tweaks and also a fair bit of free added content. A new difficulty level has been added, not 100% sure what it is that makes it harder, gameplay is supposed to be the hardest of all the difficulties but I doubt it's harder than insane. New clothes and weapons have been added as well as a new quest, at least thats what it says.

I'm thinking about playing this game again, I have one game inprogress, but I can't play it because it's on hard and I can't remember how to fight well on the game, and if you haven't played this game it is very hard, I wasn't that far in anyway. It would be nice also to play this game without the fear of a blue screen.

I really need to finish Deus Ex, I've not played it in a month, I am getting to that stage of "What was I doing" and needing to start it again.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:56 pm

I’ve not been able to play since patch 2.1. Apparently the only way back is to reinstall and refuse the patch when asked a lot of people have had the same problem, but the PC edition gets a free upgrade today to the Enhanced edition bringing it inline with the 360 version that’s also out today. So I’m going for the reinstall but I’m not getting any hopes up.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Whats the problem people have been having? I'm pretty sure I installed a patch after 2.1 and was able to play.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:49 pm

The launcher works ok but if I go to game I get "The application failed to start properly" with some code that points to firewall or incompatibly with another program, I've tried all the work arounds except reinstalling.

However I downloaded the new patch last night 10GB!! Shocked That must replace all the previous code so I’ll install it tonight and see what happens.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:26 pm

10GB patch bloody hell!
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Still not working.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 am

I uninstalled it a while ago but since this new update is out I might install it again. I'm pretty sure I can play the game, I got messages from my security saying that it detected something acting as a keylogger but it did let the game play. I'm pretty certain that was after 2.1.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 am

I'm having troubles just downloading the bloody thing, it keeps stopping after about 2 minutes. My choices are downloading it manually which means downloading 36 files, or signing up with GOG and registering my copy there, then I can download the full game with the Enhanced Edition already included.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Fenon wrote:I'm having troubles just downloading the bloody thing, it keeps stopping after about 2 minutes. My choices are downloading it manually which means downloading 36 files, or signing up with GOG and registering my copy there, then I can download the full game with the Enhanced Edition already included.

I might give the GOG site a go I'm already signed up with them, I did reinstall and didn't need to load the previous patches it went straight to the new one, but I still get the same message, also I'm installing to my other drive rather than the C drive just wondering if that’s throwing up an issue.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:13 am

I've semi-given up on it at the moment, I've got a little too much to do to download it or play it for the time being. Looks like they have added quite a bit of content to the game, they are a pretty good company, it's a shame they usually mess things up like they have for you. I forgive them those mistakes though, they made such a good game, the Witcher 2 is going down as one of my all time favourite games, they handled adult content in a mature way which the games world needs, we need more games handling sex, drugs, bad language etc like the Witcher 2 does it, rather than the way say Saints Row the Third does. I don't mind Saints Row don't get me wrong I own the game, I've hardly played it but thats because I have plans for it that I haven't gotten around to yet. Any way that's not even it, I like them because when people complained about DRM they just removed it, and they've continued supporting the game adding free content thats really good and is far better than content that other companies would make you pay for. They just don't seem like an evil company just out to get your money *Cough* EA *Cough*.

I'm going to keep an eye on them and try to support them by buying their games, and you know what, the first thing I'm going to do is learn what the name of their company is.

CD Projekt RED

I normally try not to learn the names of things, but they are worth knowing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 am