The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

4 posters

Oblivion question for Stony

Darkstone
    Darkstone

Oblivion question for Stony - Page 2 Empty Re: Oblivion question for Stony

Post by Darkstone Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Thats the one I linked to a few posts back "QTP3R", its the one I use as a base texture, and yes, its good.It wont show on my list as its only a replacer, it does`nt use an esp or esm.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Darkstone wrote:Thats the one I linked to a few posts back "QTP3R", its the one I use as a base texture, and yes, its good.It wont show on my list as its only a replacer, it does`nt use an esp or esm.

*Face palm Embarassed

loading up my mem stick while at work with various mods for installation later. Wink

Must remember to go slow, going to install the unofficial patches tonight then a mod that changes a look of the menus for practice, before going for the big boys.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:36 pm

This is the menu replacer I use,

DarkUId DarN

then I overwrite it with the blue recolour,

Blue Recolour

Best way to install is by the OMOD version as it guides you through step by step, then make an OMOD out of the blue recolour and install that after the core.You`ll need to use OBMM to use OMODS....confusing is`nt it Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:11 pm

DarkUld Darn is what I've downloaded, with the Dark Wood UI, but I prefer the blue.

I'll just node look serious and pretend to understand the last bit.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 am

Darkstone wrote:You`ll need to use OBMM to use OMODS....confusing is`nt it Smile

Yes it was but not now Wink

Feel like I'm getting somewhere now, OBMM is a clever bit of kit. DarkUld-DarN was a pice of cake, I'm keeping it the way it is for now I quite like it. Qarl's TP 3 is compressing now if this works I'll go to bed a happy bunny. albino
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:24 am

I have no idea what you guys are talking about and it scares me.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:25 am

I'm getting cocky now I'm installing weather affects (all natural) and THEN I'll go to bed. albino
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:38 am

All natural requires a bashed patch to work... thats your next bit of research Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Why cant anything be simple? Rolling Eyes

Anyhow so far so good, but I need to get my head around Wrye Bash I tried using it to install All Natural as I had the option to use that or OBMM but I couldn’t figure it out, I’m hoping the step by step guide on installing that patch will help.

My first look of the moded graphics was somewhat disappointing, I left the boat to find the Imperial City doc surrounded by fog, I had to check the draw distance Laughing and it was still foggy within the city walls, but once I walked into a tavern ... Wow! Looks as good as any of today’s games.
    I still wanted to see the landscape so I restarted at Anvil doc and all I can say is this moding lark is well worth the trouble, bright vibrant colours no blurry textures, I stopped and watched a woman painting a picture of the doc, (I don’t remember seeing that before) and was stunned at how realistic it was.

I do have a small performance issue with fast stuttering, it’s not affecting fps as that’s banging on the door of the vsync at a steady 60, I’ve found a patch that is supposed to cure it, or if that fails I need to disable the music as I’m using onboard sound apparently that can be an issue.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:38 pm

As you add more and more mods, Wrye Bash becomes essential.Heres a good pictorial guide that might help you out.

Bash Guide

I generally use OBMM to install mods unless it has a BAIN install ( BAIN is the Wrye Bash version of OMODS put simply, but is a much better system overall ) and just use Bash for load ordering and making a Bashed Patch.Bash is a very very powerful tool and you should get familair with it as soon as possible.

As for the stuttering, try OSR - Oblivion Stutter Remover - it may help, but be aware modded oblivion is prone to a certain amount of stuttering, you should also get Fast Exit 2 which will stop any crashes on exit, and it will crash on exit soon Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Crashed on exit twice so far, I thought as it happened to fen as well it was something to do with steam.

I've printed the pictorial guide that was exactly what I needed.

More homework Razz
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

That’s a good visual guide, I don’t think I would have got very far without it. Very impressed with Wyre Bash and the way all the modding software works together, as it turns out I didn’t have BOSS installed correctly I hadn’t checked the Oblivion box in the wizard Rolling Eyes , so now BOSS is telling me I’ve dirty edits in most of the official dlc, I downloaded the recommended programme to clean them (name escapes me) and started with horse armour (if that screws up I’m not bothered) went through the procedure but its still showing as dirty, I’ll have to give it another try when I’m more awake.

The Stutter mod worked, though it seams to have locked fps at 30. But what I’m looking for now is a mod to create motion blur when turning fast left & right as I’m getting motion sickness when sitting at the monitor, I had the same in Witcher 2 and turning on the motion blur cured me.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:40 pm

TES4Edit is not a program for the novice to be honest.I dont think I have cleaned any mod I have downloaded since I started with Oblivion,only mods that I make myself but its a good practice to get into.
    There is a motion blur mod I think but it uses an old version of OBGE to work so you would have to be very careful about version numbers etc.I`ll look into it more on my days off, we cant have you throwing up on your first foray with mods Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

is this the blur mod your refering to?
    http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14339
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 am

Thats not the one I was thinking of, might be worth a try though.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 am

Well another late one, didn’t get much done, but I did move steam out of programs and into an independent folder as advised by the modding community, was a little concerned when it involved deleting everything except two files, but I followed steams own instructions and it’s now back on my D partition with all saves intact, had to re-establish some of the shortcuts but all seams ok.

Got the blur mod installed but it’s not working yet it also needs obge to make it work so I’ll get the core in tonight, and then I might have a look at some of the other mods that run with it, as I like the look of the shaders.

Trying not to run before I can walk, its one thing following instructions but another understanding them, I’m enjoying the experience though.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 am

Steam flashed this news up last night, Know anything about it? I wasn’t able to view the trailer as the site was down.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Andoran – a stunning Oblivion overhaul

Sometimes a trailer can make you want to jump right in and explore the world. This video of the Andoran mod for Oblivion, spotted by Redditor SolInvictus, is one of those trailers. The voiceover is in Russian, but you don't have to speak the language to see what the modders are going for. It's a darker, grittier take on Oblivion with new cities, factions and creatures. The remarkable new architecture and strange environments have a whiff of Morrowind about them, but the engine upgrades make it look more like Skyrim.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm

There is a video on youtube but my laptop isn't letting me see youtube videos at the moment so I can't watch it.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I’ve seen it now, I think all rpg trailers should be in Russian sounds so much better Smile

looks ok there’s a lot of cinematic scenes so its hard to tell what’s real game play.

Site is here http://www.andoran.com/indexen.html the screen shots look good, but if this isn’t coming out until the second half of the year then we'll all be playing Skyrim by then.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:11 am

I'm knackered & skiving off modding homework tonight!
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:23 pm

From the sound of it you`re doing pretty well getting your head round all these tools needed to mod Oblivion, well done mate Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:29 am

Getting the hang of this now, diving into ini files and tweaking is becoming second nature.geek
    Only had one crash and I put that down to load order as Id forgot to sort it first. Quite chuffed so far but I can’t find a mod to make the character creation look more natural, any suggestions, or should I download one of the presets and go from there?

I might actually start playing soon. Very Happy
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:37 am

A favourite of mine is Hidden Elves but that opens up a whole new ball game as it requires body mods to be installed Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 am

That could be my next project then. Suspect

But before that I’ve a Missing door mesh and invisible wolfs to worry about, Time to roll back a mod or two, Fun fun fun jocolor
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:59 pm

Theres a few tools available to track down mod install errors,

Refscope

Form ID Finder

or

open the console, click on the missing mesh and a number appears at the top of the screen, the first 2 digits relate to the load order in Bash, make a not of these, close Oblivion and open Bash, use the list mod option and find the number that matches, this is the mod the missing mesh comes from, always assuming the misbehaving mod has an esm/esp Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:03 am