The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
DarkShroud
Darkstone
6 posters

Oblivion Modding

Darkstone
    Darkstone

Oblivion Modding - Page 2 Empty Re: Oblivion Modding

Post by Darkstone Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Looking good Vis, might want to try forcing AA through your cards control centre, got a few jaggies on those trees Smile.... and use the console to disable the HUD for screenies Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Didn’t realise how bad they were, don’t really notice it in game I’ll have a go anyway.

Having trouble with God Ray at the moment can’t seam to get it working, are there any ini tweaks I should be doing?

EDIT
    NM,I think I've got it.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:23 am

Got the god rays under control the effect is now very subtle.
    Still need to get rid of those jaggies and whats the key for disabling the HUD?

Oblivion Modding - Page 2 C9387173CE46AB87CEE33B84246E8C4AF5773518

Modding Oblivion just keeps on giving me those WOW moments that remind me why I still play games. I also keep finding myself comparing the real sky on my drive to work to what I’ve seen in game the night before. geek
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Press the ` key and type tm then press ` again to get back ingame, repeat the process to get the HUD back.

Lots of useful commands here..

Console Commands
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Wow it’s been quiet at the Arms, well I’m still fiddling with oblivion, have now got a FCOM build running, I thought it would take a day or two but it actually took over a week.

I discovered one thing though, my PC has its limits, there are only so many high rez textures I can through at it before I get a slide show, normally in battle the rest of the time it’s fine. I think I’ve tamed it now.

Me with boobs.
    this was half way through the build, before all the fancy shaders and water.
    Oblivion Modding - Page 2 9AA36B4F6F1D924EE9F28A6EAB61B9AD5D1B8567

Yes i still have jaggies Razz
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:25 pm

FCOM is without doubt a great experience to play and actually installing it is also a great way to learn how to get mods working together as you need to use the majority of the tools available. I think my FCOM install took about a week as well but it was well worth it.

There are other limits you should know about as well concerning your data folder,

1. No more than 250 active esm/esp files - use the merge feature in Bash as much as possible to keep the number down. If you use a lot of clothing mods consider merging them before installing them ( theres your homework for today - find out how to merge esp files Smile ) this will also keep the number down.

2. Never have anymore than 400 esp, esm and bsa files in your data folder in total at any one time ( active or unactive )

If you start getting strange crashes etc check the numbers of the above, Bash gives you a readout of active/unactive esp in the bottom right of the files tab, you`ll have to count the total files the old fashioned way Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Ah ha I’m already doing it, I’ve bean merging files already, for instance the enhanced trees & shrubs are merged as one. I’ve been openings and repackaging files for a little while now.

If only I’d applied myself to studying things that matter I might actually have got somewhere in life. Shocked
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:33 pm

This is what happens when two mods clash.

Fisherman’s cottage (player housing) appears to have been squashed by a land slide thanks to “Unique Landscapes - Lost Coast” Laughing
    Oblivion Modding - Page 2 CC181B54A4393A50047E098C4A15CF8B6D338FD0

A quick Google and one patch later its fixed.
    Oblivion Modding - Page 2 4D23B78B9A2196FBFE1EAEF67A8629044ACD870F

Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 pm

A lot of the popular mods that clash with UL have patches made for them, if not, it can be pretty straight forward to make one yourself using the CS. We have a tutorial on TESA that gives you an example of how to do this.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:01 am

It's something I might have a go at later but for now I'm happy playing with the build I've got.

Latest screens.

Oblivion Modding - Page 2 5A314B54E0C16ECA68FDFC37442272F5B0545FD3
    Oblivion Modding - Page 2 7F8EBB42944D4DA52D9387AE01994B9F8666C026
    Oblivion Modding - Page 2 6D8EC5FBAFE48051363E21130AC2EC3E60861D01Oblivion Modding - Page 2 467C551059A9372007F5F1511AB9EDB731D80D1A

Only running x2AA, I don’t notice the Jaggies while playing and I don’t want to push it any more as I'm squeezing as much performance as I can without killing the fps.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Don't want the hassle that Vis went through to get the mods to work is there any really simple just download and drag into a folder, or even better a mod that has it's own simple installer for the game of the year edition of Oblivion on Steam? That will make the game look better?
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:33 am

Short answer ...... no,
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Really? The games been out for so long and has such a bit modding community, one of the biggest I'd wager, and nobody has made a simple small mod to improve the look. Really?

I'm not looking for massive changes just better textures etc, even Empire Total War which hates modders now, has mods with installers to make large and small changes.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 am

At the very least you will need "Oblivion Mod Manager" for archive invalidation. That changes the date of files so oblivion still believes they are the originals, it would probably be possible to get one of the big texture replacers in with a few simple steps, but it will still require a bit of head scratching if your not used to it.

Want my advice?

Get Skyrim it’s a far better game in every way.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm mostly playing Oblivion to scratch the itch for Skyrim, I've got a bit of a nasty rash coming in. I have to say I don't like the Oblivion gates much. Having quite a lot of fun as an archer at the moment, I've restarted and I'm playing as a poor guy, I'm not going to wear armour or shoes, just walk around in rags and wearing the chains you start the game in, I've also taken the cup from the table at the start and I intend to keep that for the who game. I'm not great with the bow yet but I'm getting so fairly good shots at range (But a lot of awful ones as well).
    Fenon
    Fenon

Oblivion Modding - Page 2 Empty Re:Not Oblivion Modding

Post by Fenon Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Didn't really want to make a new topic for this since there are already 2 Oblivion topics and it's not exactly a new game. Been having a load of fun with this since restarting, roleplaying adds a fair bit to the experience. Also just been having fun shooting arrows at things. An Evil female mage was running down some stairs and summoning something, I was at a fair range could hardly see her and was at a bad angle and managed to kill her, whats more it was a head shot and the arrow was exactly in her mouth when I went to see where it landed, her mouth was closed and it was exactly between her lips, infact you know what I'm going to upload it.

Oblivion Modding - Page 2 2011112300002

I love the long delay you get when firing at that long range, you sit there and wait a few seconds and then BAM the enemy is rolling with the weight of the hit. Another shot I was proud of, I was just playing around killing those patrolling guards, one of the guards was on a hill pretty far off and fighting stuff, I was taking pot shots and missing for one reason or another, the guard started walking off and was about to go out of view on the other side of the hill, in fact I think only the head was showing, I fired the arrow and started running to catch up, a few seconds later the x3 for sneak kill thing popped up. when I got up there the arrow was place cleanly in the back of her head, must have been at the base of the skull.

Since I've got the uploading site open and the location of steams screenshots found here's a funny screen of the most lethal kill I've made, instant death this one:

Oblivion Modding - Page 2 2011112200002p
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm

New mod released featuring a lot of screenshots from yours truly Smile

Oblivion Load Screens - Skyrim Edition

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content