The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Rome 2 Total War

Fenon
    Fenon

Rome 2 Total War Empty Rome 2 Total War

Post by Fenon Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:08 pm

I love Total War games but I almost didn't pre-order this one, nothing wrong with it that I know of I just wasn't really feeling it, I'm still not actually, if it wasn't for me needing to buy some stuff on Amazon anyway I don't think I would have bothered this time. I was highly tempted to just wait and buy it on sale.

I don't really know what is new in this game, the cities have gone back to looking good again, they had been complete crap from Empire onwards. There was something about ships being involved with land battles but I'm really not sure, I think it was to do with invading ports.

This has to be a good game, CA will get totally slated if Rome 2 fails to live up to the much loved Rome, for a lot of people Rome is the best Total War game.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Rome 2 Total War Empty Re: Rome 2 Total War

Post by Fenon Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Didn't get the game on release day, wasn't really expecting to I have no faith in Amazon with pre-orders I only bought it from them because I didn't really care about getting it today and it was £4.99 cheaper than Steam, some people paid for next day delivery weeks or months in advance though and didn't get the game on time. The pre-order bonuses they were offering haven't been sent to people yet and a lot of people are angry about that too, I have doubts about that being Amazons fault, I expect they haven't received them yet.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Got the game and installed it. There's a lot to take in, the new interface is a bit confusing, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon only had 2 battles. It's not running all that well right now but Total War games never do, I'm sure after a few patches/driver updates it'll be fine.

All in all so far I'm happy with the game, wish I had more time to play it today and didn't have to go to work so soon after getting it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:58 am

After playing the game for a while I started to notice some of the things that were very bad and actually this is the worst release since Empire.

Angry Joe's review, he doesn't even cover all the bad things:

A new beta patch came out yesterday and it has fixed a lot of the performance and AI problems. The game is a lot more enjoyable now thankfully but it still has a long way to go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:04 pm