The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days.

Fenon
    Fenon

The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days. Empty The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days.

Post by Fenon Fri May 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Why did nobody warn me!!!! I thought it was months way!

NINE I BLAME YOU!!!!
    Visage
    Visage

The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days. Empty Re: The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days.

Post by Visage Sat May 14, 2011 12:09 am

You weren't very interested in the first one when it was on offer.
    Fenon
    Fenon

The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days. Empty Re: The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days.

Post by Fenon Sat May 14, 2011 8:38 am

I don't know why I wasn't interested in the first one, I think maybe I was thinking that it wasn't a very good game because I hadn't heard of it and the second game was a massive improvement. I'm tempted to buy the first game now, but I bet that it will be on offer next week, like for the mid week madness thing.

Do you think it's important to play the first game before the second one?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 pm

I just ordered the Witcher 2, I bet a load of people will be complaining that the game is completely broken now.

I'm sad that Steam didn't do another offer for the first game, I would have liked to have played that while waiting for the new game. I doubt I'll play the first game now, unless it comes up before the new one arrives.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue May 17, 2011 11:17 pm

The only reson I didn't get the first was because I heard it had some conflicts with windows 7,
    But I wish id gone for it now.

Oddly I'm holding back on the second as I'm not sure how it would run, i think it's built with quad core in mind.

Last edited by Visage on Wed May 18, 2011 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 pm

The requirements are a bit odd, I've only seen the minimum requirements for it, having said that I just did another search to check what the are and found the recommended requirements. But I checked a few good sources and they didn't have the recommended requirements.

My concerns are that I haven't done any research into this game, I know next to nothing about it. It looks like a good game and thats partly why I haven't looked into it I want to experience it without having much knowledge of what to expect. I'm suspected it's like Dragon Age except maybe without control over other characters. My lack of knowledge extended to the fact that I had no idea when it was coming out.

You might want to start googling tomorrow, something like "Dual core witcher 2 performance" or however many cores you have (Too tired to check now).
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed May 18, 2011 2:08 am

Only a two core but it's multi threaded, so it thinks its a 4 but it's not, so far I'm gob smacked at the performance I get, way way beyond what I expected.

I know a couple of witcher fans who are very exited about this new one, I don't know much about it only that its not going to console so it's not being held back by porting restrictions.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 10:22 am

I ordered yesterday and it arrived today, thats not bad for free delivery. Thats why I usually buy stuff from game.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Do you have to regitser it with Steam to play?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 2:55 pm

No it doesn't appear to be on steam but right now the serial key isn't working.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Ok phew turns out the problem was that I put an 0 in the serial number when it was really an O... Does it usually matter? I've not had a problem before.

I can play the game now but... My PC doesn't appear to be good enough to play this game maxed out. It's almost as bad as when I tried to play Crysis on my laptop, like a slide show it was. I'm going to have to play around with the limited number of settings and try and get it working right.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 19, 2011 3:22 pm

they do have it on Steam for £35 but it's the posh one with a load of tat i dont want, though the map would be nice but not forking out an extra 10er for it.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Fenon wrote:
    I can play the game now but... My PC doesn't appear to be good enough to play this game maxed out. It's almost as bad as when I tried to play Crysis on my laptop, like a slide show it was..

As I feared then. Shocked
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Game only had the collectors edition and the one you see on steam, that one is just under £25 in Game, but it says something about each user only being able to use it on 2 PC's so in the long run it might be better to get it from Steam, at least then as long as Steam exists you can still play.

There is something wrong with this game, it doesn't seem to run well no matter what settings I have it on.

Ok I've tried the auto detect settings and I've even put it on the lowest settings and it's still not running properly.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 19, 2011 4:43 pm

I can feel a patch or 2 coming Mad
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 19, 2011 4:52 pm

scratch it just accrued to me but are you rebooting after changing settings it could help.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Rebooting the computer, I've done it since installing, I've done it twice I think. I'll try again.

It seems to just be one of the cutscene's the actual game runs fine.

Getting my arse completely kicked in the game at the moment and I'm only playing on normal, I think it's mostly because I know none of the controls.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Well the game itself is very good, the dialog is amoung the best I've seen in a game, it's fun and interesting. There's not much to the combate yet but I'm sure that will open up in time.

The performance of the game is not consistant, that cutscene at the beginning slowed the game right up then it was fine and even fine when I went back to an extension of that first cutscene, it was the same so I don't know why it didn't work before, and now I'm ingame and it's slowen up again.

I think there are thoughts that this might get a console release, and while the console game will look no where near as beautiful as this I would say wait for it to come out on console, unless things get ironed out in the PC version.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Oooook fixed. I turned out there was some kind of conflict with Nvidia's 3D vision drivers and a beta recently released beta driver fixed the problem. I've installed it and it works fine now. It had to be something like that there was no way I should have had massive performance problems, at least not while people with weaker machines could play fine.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 11:23 pm

... It's working better but still not well...

Even on the lowest settings in places it's damn close to unplayable.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Well I don't think I'll bother.
    The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days. Witcher

Compared to Mafia 2 released last year.
    The Witcher 2 is coming out in a few days. Mafia

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Looks like I will need to completely uninstall the Nvidia 3D vision drivers to play the game, at least till it's fixed. I have 10 days left on the trial for 3d vision. I don't really want to go through the hassle of unistalling those drivers really.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 20, 2011 12:56 am

I uninstalled them, and the game works very well now, got it maxed out and no problems at all. Well other than the game just closed to the desktop.

I think this game is what Dragon Age 2 should have been, I've heard it wasn't very good. This game is soo very good, the story is engaging, it's beautiful and the game has balls. There's very bad language and nakedness, but it never seems out of place or put on, granted it's a little excessive in places. I just entered a town with a brothel, the "Working girls" there are more interesting than the ones in red dead, there's a nice cutscene with one called Margot who's a busty woman with way too much make up on, she's covered up etc but she's a more fleshed out colourful character than you usually get.

The voice acting is fairly good all round, except that the voices are reused quite a lot for non-important NPC's, and they say the same thing quite often. But other than the hassle getting the game to work I've got nothing bad to say about it yet.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 am

I've had a couple of blue screens in this game. I've had a fair few blue screens on different games, I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my PC.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 am

Crossed my mind seeing as you had bsod with minecraft, and had to cut the view distance back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:02 am