The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+4
Sherbet
DS9
Briisace
Fenon
8 posters

PSN down.

DS9
    DS9

PSN down. - Page 2 Empty Re: PSN down.

Post by DS9 Fri May 06, 2011 2:32 pm

"Dear Nintendo fan,
    At Nintendo we respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and we recognise the importance of protecting your personal details."

just... LOL
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 08, 2011 12:11 am

Whats that about Nine?

There are a few people making guesses that Sony will make PSN into a pay service like Xbox Live. I don't think it's likely, Sony have no doubt lost a lot of customers thanks to this disaster, they won't want to loss more by driving them away, I would guess a good number of people including myself online bought a PS3 because of free online play, if they start charging for it they loss the console war, Sony's online community isn't as good as the Xbox's is anyway, I mean many more Xbox players have wireless headsets and I've seen more machinima video's made on Xbox than PS3's.

I'm going to be pissed off if they do, I play online with a friend on the PS3 but I refuse to pay a subscription no matter how small, even more so because I don't trust them with my details any more. Good lord I might need to buy a Wii... Casual gamer degeneration could be in my future.

PSN might be getting new features like cross game chat and ingame video chat. Nice but I won't use video chat.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Mon May 09, 2011 4:28 pm

that was a the start of an email i got from nintendo.
    They're browning it at the prospect of the same thing happening to them and also they're taking the opportunity to distance themselves from the sony disaster.

isn't it more likely that most would've got a PS3 for the 'blu-ray' feature?

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Blu-ray doesn't interest me so I would have no idea, has blu-ray even caught on?
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Wed May 11, 2011 11:00 pm

weeelll thats a bonus for me but not what i got the ps3 for - if I wanted just a blu-ray player i would've bought one. Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 16, 2011 9:51 am

Ok PSN is now back-ish. You can log in and change your password at any rate. All you have to do to change your pass is turn on the PS3 the account was created on and then sign in, it will then ask you to enter a new pass, I've made sure to use a pass I will not use for anything else and i wouldn't advertise that because there are quite a few now. Of course if someone breaks into my home and steals that I'm screwed...
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Mon May 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Fenon wrote:Ok PSN is now back-ish.

pathetic, i mean what has that been about a month, you know it's bad when one of my casual gaming workmates mentions it.

Fenon wrote:I've made sure to use a pass I will not use for anything else

dude that's basic security you should be doing anyway

Fenon wrote:Of course if someone breaks into my home and steals that I'm screwed...

don't you have sign up saying 'beware of the kung fu badass' ?
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Mon May 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Fenon wrote:Of course if someone breaks into my home and steals that I'm screwed...

don't you have sign up saying 'beware of the kung fu badass' ? [/quote]

lol! Love it.

got an e-mail today saying its back up but my PS3 is currently gathering dust...i've completed my favourite game for it already so i guess it'll gather some more dust for a while.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 17, 2011 8:53 am

I'll have to look into getting one of those signs made. I was thinking of getting, "Beware drunken master" made but I'm not sure it would have the same effect.
    DarkShroud
    DarkShroud

Post by DarkShroud Wed May 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Free games!! We get 2 free (but rather old) games to download for having our details nicked, so what's everyone picking?

The choice is:

* LittleBigPlanet
    * InFamous
    * WipEout HD/Fury
    * Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
    * Dead Nation

I've got Little Big Planet and Wipeout but not the Fury expansion so I reckon I'll be getting that just for the expansion and InFamous since I kinna liked the demo but never bought it.

As for the others Ratchet & Clank is a 4 hour game continuing the story from the previous game and Dead Nation looks like a modern Super Smash TV style shooter with zombies.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Wed May 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Ditto, already got LBP and Wipeout, but also the expansion. Will prob go for Infamous as never bothered with it at the time, but it looked interesting. And prob Dead Nation. Not ever played a R&C game so will give it a miss.

Worth mentioning that free psp games are up for grabs as well of which I know nothing about, and don't even recall the last time my psp connected to the store.
    2 of --
    --Little Big Planet
    --ModNation Racers
    --Pursuit Force
    --Killzone Liberation
    DarkShroud
    DarkShroud

Post by DarkShroud Wed May 25, 2011 8:06 pm

I've never connected my PSP to the store so don't think I get freebies for that which kinna sucks but meh whatever.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 am

i'm also going for the zombie game and the moral choice game. YAY! When can we download them???????? anyone know???
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 27, 2011 1:50 am

The store is supposed to be up before the end of the month, Sony have pushed back the dates they've set so many times I wouldn't take notice of them if I was you.

I haven't cancelled my card yet and I may not, there have been no reported identity thefts yet.

On PS3 I'll get InFamous & most likely Dead Nation, or maybe Rachet and Clank, haven't played a platformer in a while.

PSP I'll get LBP and I guess Killzone Liberation.

I'm not really in love with any of the options, LBP is pointless, who doesn't have that already? I can only imagine the people that hate it are the only ones that don't. I was going to buy LBP for PSP glad I didn't now or I would have nothing really to pick from. Mod Nation Racers is an ok game but it lacks replay value, and the story while good has no affect on you, your car gets destroyed for example in a cutscene but when the cutscene ends your car is still there, which makes the story shallow and pointless.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 am

Ok the welcome back thing is up. I'm actually wondering if I can get all the free stuff not just two. I have 3 PSN accounts, two I don't use. I wonder if they have made it so the one console can only download stuff, it does just say your account though. Going to try it out in a moment.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:50 am

Yep I have downloaded all the games that I don't already have, only problem is that I'm running out of hard drive space. Is there any time limit on when you can active your PSN+ thing? I'm going to save the PSN+ 30 days on my spare accounts and use them when the time runs out.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:09 am

Well that sort of sucks, the PSN+ games that are free are basically 30 day rentals, you can only use them when you are a PSN+ user.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:19 pm

An error has occured 80710D36

an error has occured 80710D36

an error has occured 80710D36

Fun fun fun

>_>
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Yeah it does that, was that when you were trying to get into the store or when you were already in it?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:59 pm

All the time, although opening the store was 8/10 glitch free. Then picking any option once in would give me an error, did manage to download InFAMOUS and Dead Nation though. Gave InFAMOUS a try, wasn't bad. It was a lot worse on the psp, every new click gave me a error message. Got killzone downloaded eventually though, which does look like it could be fun.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:51 pm

Not tried the PSP yet, I don't think I'll be able to download more than 2 games for that, like I said though it's ok, nothing really I want on it.

It took me forever to download stuff, I've had my PS3 on all day downloading. Well it's been downloading 15gb but it's been on since 10am and it's still not done.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Dead Nation is really fun in online co-op, I doubt I'll play it on my own much, I would think solo it's not great. Infamous is quite fun, I'm enjoying being an evil git on it. Ratchet and Clank is fun, I'm playing on the hard setting and getting my butt kicked.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Picked Killzone and Little Big Planet for the PSP. Already had mod nation racers, and didn't much care for pursuit force.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:58 pm