The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+4
Sherbet
DS9
Briisace
Fenon
8 posters

PSN down.

Fenon
    Fenon

PSN down. Empty PSN down.

Post by Fenon Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Just read something which said it was hacked, which makes sense since PSN went down the day after a threat was made by hackers. As long as it doesn't affect my bank details, I guess I don't mind too much. Bit annoying since I was going to go back and play on my PS3 a bit the day after it went down. If it went down a week ago I wouldn't have noticed, well until I watched IGN's Daily Fix.

In a way I support the hackers because Sony were allowed to access private information that they shouldn't have had access to, so as a protest against that I can kind of get behind it. Still it's a hurting the players of PS3 games, and it's not the right way to go about it. I'm on the fence about it I guess.
    Briisace
    Briisace

PSN down. Empty Re: PSN down.

Post by Briisace Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 am

Ha ha.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:59 pm

a real crying shame Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:01 pm

I'd rather have no PSN than any amount of Xbox Live.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:01 pm

There was some announcement that they are doing a big overhaul of PSN, to make it safer from whatever the attack was and maybe other possible attacks.

I'm going to make sure my bank details are deleted when I get back on though I doubt they are indanger from this attack. I should do it anyway I don't buy much on there and I want to make it as difficult as I can for myself so that I don't buy anything.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 am

Looks like they were trying to hack the admin dev accounts.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Hmm should I get my card cancelled just incase someone did manage to hack my account details?
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:50 pm

nah it'll probably be ok. I wouldn't go that far anyway. I wondered why it was down on friday. thought it was something to do with my new router Suspect

do we know when it'll be back up? I haff a couple of weeks off so would like to get some PS3 time in - would be nice to haff the option of playing online.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Well someone said it would be back in the EU on Tuesday but that was just a guess by someone in Sony there's no exact time.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:24 am

Oh well, no biggie. its not like we pay for it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 am

Some people do with things like PSN Plus and other subscription things, like Netflix or whatever it is. They are quite pissed off and wanting Sony to give them something for PSN being down. Some people also rented stuff just before it went down and so felt ripped off.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:07 am

sony must be thinkin karmas a beehatch by now Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:40 am

What I'm concerned about other than lossing the £5 that's in my bank account is that they are rebuilding PSN, I'm expecting a lot of things to go wrong when they put it back up again.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:14 pm

The PS3's PSN thing is looking more serious I the hacker/s could have our personal info including credit card numbers. They could have your address and phone number, your password, if you use the same username password for anything else change it, and I would if your password is the same for your e-mail change that and change your PSN password as soon as PSN is working again which someone said could be another week.

Keep an eye on whats happening with your bank account. On Thursday I'm going to the bank to ask them what I should do and warn them about possible identity theft attempts and I may well cancel my card. I may be over reacting but I don't want the hassle of whatever could happen.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

Bert you get to blame your parents for buying you a gift that could get your identity stollen.

I don't think I've used that password for anything other than PSN, maybe some free MMO's.

I tell you though it will be a while before I buy things online (Hopes Steam doesn't have any offers for a while that I would be interested in).

Last edited by Fenon on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 am

Have any of you with PS3's had an e-mail from Sony yet? I've not had one.
    Wanda_pso
    Wanda_pso

Post by Wanda_pso Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:59 pm

I received a mail from them wednesday. Saying about changing passwords if you use the same one on other accounts and watching for any suspicious card activity.
    Luckily I never used my card with them.
    Makes you wonder about `Cloud computing` in general. And how secure it all is. affraid
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah had the same thoughts about cloud gaming. It would be bad if this kind of thing becomes more common.

I've still had no e-mail, I don't know if thats good news or bad. 77 million people could be being e-mailed, I guess it takes a long time for one guy to write to each person, maybe thats why I haven't had it yet.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

LOL,PMSL,ROFL,HA HA.....etc Very Happy
    Longlegz
    Longlegz

Post by Longlegz Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Like Wanda_pso I received the e-mail on the 27/04/2011. Rolling Eyes

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:33 pm

Only just received mine, ironically after I got back from checking on my bank account. Which is fine, it was an oddly exactly number I don't want to say how much it was so I'll make up a number to give you an example £800 but the number above that was £805.39, I doubt that is because of the hackers but it's still odd. When I go to the bank next week (Couldn't go today) I'll get a print out to see what that was about, I used my card yesterday so it's likely just that.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon May 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Hurrah, may be getting free stuff as their way of saying sorry.

Should be back up this week, allegedly the Japanese have got it back today. No store services though.

Throughout all this, and it's been two weeks now, not heard of one case of anyone having all their money spent.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Neo Chade wrote:Hurrah, may be getting free stuff as their way of saying sorry.

Should be back up this week, allegedly the Japanese have got it back today. No store services though.

Throughout all this, and it's been two weeks now, not heard of one case of anyone having all their money spent.

Except by their wives. It's a bit early to tell about the money thing, it's supposed to be encryted so it could just be that the hacker/s are trying to get into it still. I'm still going to cancel my card tomorrow anyway, just don't like the idea of anyone having my details.

Looks like we get PSN+ free for a month (Existing PSN+ guys get a month free as well) and something free.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm

oh how exciting....i've just moved so i don't have the internet right now sigh. So do you think I could guilt my parents into buying me an xbox since they bought me this identity stealing machine?

I too got the "your identity has been stolen" e-mail but i don't use the same username/password for anything else and i'm pretty sure the last time i bought something it was with a different card so i guess i'll be fine.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Wed May 04, 2011 9:42 am

"Sony Admits Second Breach"

blimey, you couldn't make this shit up lol
    microsoft and nintendo must be running out of champagne by now
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm

I think sony should wait another year or two before releasing a new console, I doubt they will do well if they release it any time soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:43 pm