The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Game of Thrones

Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Game of Thrones Empty Game of Thrones

Post by Neo Chade Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Tis good, watch it tonight
    DS9
    DS9

Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones

Post by DS9 Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:53 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/

Monday 18 April
    9:00pm - 10:10pm
    Sky Atlantic

not on council telly then?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Nope Sky Atlantic only, which I believe is on Sky only at the mo.

It has many tits, as we expect from HBO.

Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:36 am

Since it is now after the uk screening, I feel comfortable saying things about it.

The quality of it is top notch, it looks as good as the Lord of The Rings movies which is damn good for a tv show.
    I've not read the books, so it's all new to me - another plus in my books.
    It's a fantastic show. Full of intrigue between the great houses of the Kingdom of Westeros.

The Lannisters are a fantastic lot, one of thems a midget with a fondness for prostitutes, and the Queen is an incestous relationship with her twin brother.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 am

I missed the premiere but recorded it last night.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:44 am

Watched it yesterday, bit heavy on the flesh. First episode and we saw just about every womans boobs or arse.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:22 am

Signifigantly less sex this week. Only Daenerys on display for us, being as thats what Drogo seems to think his marriage is about. One super sexy moment with Daenrys and one of the serving girls.

Certainly getting better, Tyrion is awesome. The rest of the Lannisters are assholes. Life generally sucks for the Starks. Daenerys gathering sympathy from this audience.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 17, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm enjoying this still, I think it's too sexual. I think it's used as a gimmick to lure in people that just want to perv over sexy sex. I don't mind it being there, but I don't think there has been an episode which has had less than 2 sex scenes, granted the last episode had a gay scene which was mostly noises, and I suppose was quite a brave thing to put in. The gore is a bit gimmicky as well.

There are a lot of good characters, I don't think there are any people that I dislike watching. Favourite characters, well I like the illegitimate boy of Starks and the midget, Starks younger daughter is good, the older one I dislike, not the acting just the character, I don't like people like that, and I don't like the boy she's supposed to be marrying either for basically the same reason. The Hound is quite good as well.

There's so much going on it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I hope it doesn't get cancelled before we get chance to find out.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu May 19, 2011 7:41 am

The odds of it ever being cancelled are slim. It's been a huge hit. It's already been picked up for a second season. And it's based on a somewhat popular series of books. Mind you George R.R. Martin is still writing these and there's only been two books in the last decade, he may never finish a la Robert Jordan. I'm led to believe the sex is in the books, though not personally read them. Tempted to to find out what happens though.

Only thing I don't like about the Starks is they are all too nice, and how they have kept hold of their hands is beyond me. Every other person in the world spents 90% of their time scheming for power, but not the Starks. Tyrion is by far the best character though. Every tv series needs a witty dwarf.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Meet the little girl from Game of Thrones today, she was with hyperactive friends.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Lesbians!!

Ahem, just gets better and better. Khal Drogo has more lines this episode than he has had the entire season. All building up nicely to no doubt gripping season cliffhanger season ending. Only 10 episodes for this season I believe.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 am

I watched the last two episodes today and I liked last weeks better than this weeks, I'm going to have to spoiler a lot of this but.

Spoiler:

I love the midget character, as an actual character and because he's a good strong character and not an object of fun as midgets can often be on tv. Thankfully he's not just a token midget either, the actor is good and interesting with funny lines and makes you think. I don't want him to be killed off he's one of my favourite characters. I'm not that into the story at the moment, my favourite parts have been the parts with the midget (Sorry to keep calling him that but I can't be arsed to look up his name) and Starks wife in that place and the Black Watch, though this past episode wasn't much to write home about.

After the events that were happening at the end of the last episode I am very much looking forward to seeing how they play out.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:24 pm

-*- Spoilers -*-

must say i really like this. was rather annoyed how easily stark got killed off even more annoying they got him to say all those lies first.
    totally hate that ebil boy twat who is king now coz we know he has no bloody right to be.

totally agree about the midget lannister dude he is by far the best actor / character. stark's younger daughter is interesting too.

like how the dragon chick turns the tables all the time Smile_
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:18 pm

The last episode put me off of the series a bit, I don't really think what I'm about to say is a spoiler considering this shows history but still stop reading if you don't want it partly spoiled. SPOILER! I'm getting a bit sick of main characters dying so frequently, it's like the writer has a short attention span and gets bored so kills everyone and takes the story in a different direction.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:30 am