The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

4 posters

Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis

Fenon
    Fenon

Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis - Page 3 Empty Re: Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:20 pm

One of the bugs I found near the end of the game which I just remembered is quite funny. The black soldiers had this weird thing going on with their mouths that made them look the I'm firing my laser internet thing.

Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis - Page 3 IMMA_FIRING_MAH_LAZER_by_lincer556

A black shape bigger than their mouths kept appearing over their mouth, I'm guessing the inside of there mouth is showing on the outside, I think it was just the one black character model that had the problem but I'm not completely sure about that, I know I didn't see it on the white character models. It was nice to have a funny bug rather than one that causes me real bloody trouble.

Last edited by Fenon on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis - Page 3 Empty Re: Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis

Post by Darkstone Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Warhead is stand alone,I`m replaying it at the moment and I dont have Crysis installed.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Fenon wrote:
    What part are you on now?

Think I’m only on the forth level the one after relic, not had the opportunity to play recently I wasted one good game night trying to install the DoW demo, and then I've commitments like beating my son at Halo Wars. alien

I think after I've finished I'll be ready for Crysis 2, not sure about Warheads more action orientated less open levels.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Ok cool thanks man, I really need to keep a check on how many games I put on my pc, there are 17 on there at the moment if you count expansions as well.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:01 pm

I wouldn't mind a bit more fighting now, I did a lot of stealth during my last play through (At least till I messed up and had to go guns blazing). One thing I really hope though is that it's not as bug filled as the original, and when the credits come I'm not going to waste even 10 seconds on them.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Fenon wrote:Got that already, I got the maximum edition of the game which is all the stuff for the original Crysis (Except the patches grrr). I'm wondering though if it's stand alone or if you need the original Crysis on your PC?

Steam games are always up to date patch wise, Crysis is just horrendously bug ridden.

Warhead was mercifully a much better game technically. Runs far better.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Warhead does have quite a different feel to it, I'm being more argressive with how I'm playing this time, I'm still playing on the hardest setting because I didn't learn my lesson last time. Using cover but also jumping on rocks lobbing grenades all over the shop and firing from the hip and just really using stealth to draw their fire in one direction and then move to another and flank them. I think that this games linear style does suit Sykes.

I've been playing on a smaller screen res as well for a while, because of the crashing towards the end of the original and because everything moves faster.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:35 am

I prefer Warhead to be honest,as Neo mentioned it just seems slicker and runs so much better.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:57 am

Rats! playing Crysis, now in the mine and its locked up twice at the same spot, hope its not a sign of things to come.

I must be really Kack at this I'm beginning to struggle on normal. Suspect
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:57 am

Na man you ain't kack the mine is a b**ch on any difficulty, those things are really hard to shoot. I found waiting for them to come at me and using a shotgun to the face effective, or to save ammo trying to grab them when they get close and punching them to death, that ones a bit risky.

Yeah it's a thing to come, that started happening to me at that point, I lowered my screen res to 1280 by 720 and that seemed to fix them problem for the most part.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:27 pm

OMG!!

Have asked on 360 forum if Crysis 2 has prone on the pad and it turns out it doesn’t. So asked on PC forum if Z is still prone, and guess what…….. There is No Prone!!!

I love prone in the first one, stelth run for cover dive to prone regen stealth again and repeat.

Proof indeed that Crysis 2 is watered down for consoles.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:39 am

Found an answer to the Crysis 1 crashes in the last levels, it was beginning to get unplayable, I tried lower rez and turning off AA, and various compatibility modes but it didn’t make any difference, in the end the answer was to force it to run in DX9, since then I’ve played for several hours at 1920x1080 with AAx4 with no crashes what so ever, only noticed a slight hit in graphics in the anti gravity parts other than that it’s running fast and smooth, looking forward to finishing it now, no idea how Fen managed it on the hardest setting, I’m having to do loads of saves as I’m dying a lot on normal.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Being a coward whenever possible and when not possible dying a lot. I sneaked around in stealth went of out stealth when I was fairly sure nobody would see me and to take out enemies I would get to a fairly safe spot turn off stealth get a head shot turn it back on unless I had someone else to kill and then move to a new location and repeat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:46 am