The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

4 posters

Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis

Visage
    Visage

Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis

Post by Visage Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:51 pm

HD Foliage texture mod here: http://crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=4471&lim=0
    No needs to restart game just follow the insulation instructions.
    Using the Natural Mod too.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Crysis 2 Demo & the original Crysis

Post by Fenon Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Oh yeah, just after I made that post I looked for a mod that might be the one you talked about and I found that one. I'm also using HD suit textures now. There was another texture pack I was looking at as well but it didn't look right to me.

Just tried to do the tank thing again and yeah it didn't work, going to go back to the ridge when I play again, on the plus side if you fire the rockets one after the other you can do it with just 3, I hit one tank 3 times at the front and the other 3 times on the back so I don't think it's that one area has better armour, but I might be wrong, I'm not going to experiment if I can help it.

Love the way fire looks in this game, it's maybe the best I've seen.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:16 am

Ah hell, I tried from a save just after the ridge, down by the river. It took bloody forever to get into the base, or rather I got in but after I caused the distraction I kept being either found or couldn't find a place to hide and recharge my stealth. If I did manage to get to the target building I would feck up and get killed. Finally I did it and I took out the tanks again... still no new objective. I'll go upto the ridge and try again if not I'll just restart the level, if that doesn't work I may rage quit.

The AI really is fairly decent in this game, they are fun and interesting to watch when you are in stealth. I love when they get freaked out when they know you are there but can't see you and start shooting at things. I mean it can be pretty stupid as well, I've seen more than one guard walking into a wall on the same base. I can forgive it being stupid every now and again for the things it does right, for one the way it reacts to stealth, not just the funny things but also that it simply reacts like you would expect when you use stealth, usually with games that have cloaking I feel that cloaking is pointless because it's like the enemy can see you. I feel naked and exposed when using stealth in this because I know if I am noticed I'll be slapped around by bullets, but I can be fairly sure I won't be noticed unless I make a noise etc.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 am

Piss looks like I have to start the level again, I went from the ridge but it still happened, still on the plus side I'm quite efficent at getting into the enemy base and taking out those tanks. I've done it about 10 times now, not counting the times I've failed at doing it.

Please Crysis no more bugs like this, please. If you insist on doing it at least let it be at an easy part that doesn't take long.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:26 am

Thankfully I got through that level without a problem this time, id drop the difficulty if I was you coz you’re going to have trouble later, I’d rather play through and then go back & do it again on a harder setting, but kudos to if you finish.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 am

Yeah I remember finding it very difficult later in the game, I don't want to say about what happens because I guess it's a spoiler, but then again the game has been out for years and the sequal is a spoiler in a way as well.

Anyway really hard to shoot those things. I'm going to continue and see what happens, I do expect to reach a point at which I'll restart on an easier setting. I don't want to restart for a while, I've had to do it a few times now and I don't want to see the start again for a while.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:26 pm

At freaking last! I re-did the whole mission this time I switched my scar for the sniper rifle, only got 10 rounds in it but I never use the scar and I've got full ammo in my other guns, only thing I'm slightly short on are grenades, but I've got like 7 so I'm fine, also got a rocket launcher, saving that for the next base, had a bit of trouble with it when I was playing on easy. Going to blow up those damn gunner nests. When I get to that base I'll be back to where I was when I restarted.

Had a bit of fun when I re-did that mission lobbed a grenade at a jeep that was in my way, I think it landed on the top, the jeep was full of people, it exploded landed on it's side and rolled back onto the rubberless wheels. All the guys that were in the jeep were still in the jeep and it was actually still working, though it would only have taken like 1 bullet anywhere on the jeep to make it blow.

Oh Po.ppy when I use optimise everything goes to high.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Ok that base on the other side of the rope bridge is a fortress! Tried to take it with stealth but there were too many enemies around the objective so it got bloody. Had to make sure I took out the chopper, the blasted thing can see me in stealth and lying in cover so I can never get away from it. Took ages trying to do that base in a stealthy way, I had to take a long route all the way round to the other side. I did get to do some swimming in a river though and the water effects are brilliant and the rays of light going through the water are wow.

The guy that give you tactical advise is a dick... he told me to get into a vehicle and follow the road to the next objective... There is an enemy camp just a few hundred yards down the road that tore me up. If I ever get to meet him in the game I'm putting a bullet in his head.

I decided to go on foot but I'm not sure that was such a good idea, the forest of the other side of the river is crawling with troups.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Gun platforms ftw, tear you apart and have infra red imaging.

Tried playing this, but it appears between now and the last time I played it on this machine, it's picked up a crippling sound bug that makes the game just about unbearable, constant crackling. Widespread problem it seems, for which I am yet to find a fix. Shame
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:58 pm

I've not had any sound problems, my night vision or my binoculars make a high pitch noise but that might be normal.

Night vision is such a git, use it and if you get into a fight you'll be completely blinded by the enemies rifle mounted torches. Don't and you won't be able to see them well anyway. I'm avoiding night combat as much as possible right now, too many things that can go wrong. Damn chopper was screwing with me just now I was swimming across a lake and the git shot at me every time my stealth ran out, it was night so I guess it can't see you in stealth at night or maybe in water in stealth.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 am

Wow.. I’d got used to the natural mod forgot it was there, then I got to the level after relic where you’re dropped into a war zone around the lagoon only with the natural mod its now night!! And it looks brilliant with the flares, fires and gunfire, it was blue skies and sunshine when I was here without the mod, looked good but at night battle looks a lot more intense.
    I’d no idea this mod played with the look so radically I thought it was just a tweak to the lighting, I might not have used it if I’d known as you should really play a game as it was intended before you mod it, but I’m glad I did.

Fen I hear what your saying about night vision, but at least your forced to use it now, I found that without the natural mod I could still see around me and where the enemy were, it was all shades of blue like a Disney cartoon. At least with the natural mod it looks a lot more… well er… natural. Rolling Eyes

Sound…. I keep hearing a whirring sound in the jungle, it changes pitch as I move about, I keep looking for a spy droid flying above, don’t know what it is. It could be my suite or stealth, it’s not loud but a bit distracting when playing with headphones.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Choppers really rape me. I went onto a base aggressively and they called one in and I just couldn't get rid of the damn thing, I had nothing to destroy it either, I could move around in stealth without it seeing me but when I tried to make my escape I got quite a way from it but ran out of stealth and it still found and killed me. There's no escape!!!
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Have you tryed hiding until the threat meter goes down?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM8bhI_kJAo

Thats a good example of what I get, it's not fun.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:13 pm

I take it that uninstall flush everything update drivers reinstall doesn't work

are you using the same OS you used last time it worked?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Yup exactly the same config. Nothings changed except for updated drivers as time went on.
    I hear the 64 bit version of the game fixes it, but steam doesn't give you that. Warhead works fine as well.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 pm

The bit I'm on looks so awesome! And yet I really want to get out of here.

Spoiler:

For a game that was released at the end of 2007 it still looks better than most newer games.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 am

The game crashes on me quite a lot at the moment.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:31 am

Oh lord.

Spoiler:
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Oh god damn! I'm doing the kind of mission I've always sucked at flying I don't think thats much of a spoiler. I struggled my way through took down a bunch of flying things and then the objective thing didn't activate, or at least as I found out later the objective that comes after activated too soon and that failed and the first objective didn't continue. Restarted the level after a few attempts and flying around to see if I need to move to a certain area to get it to move on. This time it moves on and I got to the end of the level, the screen fades to black with a load of well dones and then nothing, NOTHING!!! The freaking game crashed AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game itself is brilliant but these freaking bugs, the god damn freaking bugs!!!!!

I think when I played the game the first time around I quit at the flying mission, to give you an idea of how much I suck at flying in games. Give me a jeep and I will rock it all over the place with all kinds of mad skills, skillz even which as we know are better than skills on their own. But put me in an air born vehicle and you'll be lucky if I get it off the ground before crashing. The thing I just said may seem like I'm over reacting to how bad I am at flying but in Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising thats exactly what happened when I tried to take off.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Finished the game!!! cheers

This game has the worst credits I have ever seen, I usually sit through credits incase there is some little bit at the end that you might miss if you skip them but I just couldn't stand another minute of these. They go on forever! I was actually beginning to wonder if they were on an endless loop. You might think "well it's a big game a lot of people must have worked on it" NO, no thats not the case, they repeat the same names over and over again, at some point in the credits it listed some people from Nvidia and then later on it listed those same people at least twice more. I saw "special thanks to" which usually means they are near the end and then it started listing everyone all over again and there were at least 2 more special thanks!!!

DO NOT SIT THROUGH THE CREDITS!!!

If you insist on letting them play make sure you have booked a flight for a weeks holiday because thats how long it will take for them to finish.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:15 pm

Thanks for the credits tip, and a big truck load of Kudos is on it's way to you. bom king flower
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Thank you, no idea were to store all that, I think when it arrives it will be like that one foot in the grave episode.

What part are you on now?
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Now get Crysis:Warhead and enjoy that Smile
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Got that already, I got the maximum edition of the game which is all the stuff for the original Crysis (Except the patches grrr). I'm wondering though if it's stand alone or if you need the original Crysis on your PC?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:20 am