The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

CoD Black Ops

Fenon
    Fenon

CoD Black Ops Empty CoD Black Ops

Post by Fenon Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Got this today and I have to say I'm not impressed so far. The AI is so stupid, your allies run through rooms full of enemies and stand out in the open. The enemy stand in the open and I've had an enemy stand next to me doing nothing, I turned around and saw him trying to walk into me. The story is better than the last game by far, CoD MW2 had an awful storyline really really bad I never really knew what was going on and didn't care to find out, just rubbish, the gameplay was as well the whole story mode was a joke. So yeah this is better even with dumb AI (There are quite a lot of them though so they are still a threat, so far they aren't throwing so many at you as CoD MW2 did).

The story mode doesn't matter though, the only reason you should get this game is for multiplayer, infact the only reason you should ever play the story mode is because your internet is down and you've nothing else to do. I've only had one game so can't talk about it yet, when I play more I'll add more posts.
    Fenon
    Fenon

CoD Black Ops Empty Re: CoD Black Ops

Post by Fenon Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Played a bit online with my friend and his girlfriend, they were playing split screen online which is always a cool option. There aren't as many annoying things in this as there were in CoD MW2 but I also didn't find it as much fun and graphically it isn't amazing, I think my PC has ruined it a bit for me. The edges are all jagged etc, needs some AA which is a bit odd because things look fine for me without AA on the PC so why it's not at whats supposed to be the same screen size I don't know.

It's still a good game and the online maps are quite interesting.

If you are wondering I sucked.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Not amused... I was mid way or nearly at the end of a fun mission when it got fecked up by a bug. The guy I was following got stuck in the floor... Couldn't go on without him because it looks like there is some kind of triggered event, it's a dead end.

I suppose the only saving grace is that it's not a ruddish mission. Took me out of the immersion though.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:28 am

Nothing says overrated like Call of Duty

Last one I played was 4 which was okay I guess. Got so far then was majorly bored of it. And haven't touched it since.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 pm

I did a bit of playing this morning and I'm actually enjoying the story mode now. It has a better story than FF13 PAAHAHAHAHA!! Because FF13's story was crap. I became attached to the characters.

Oh I'm not playing this game with Stereoscopic 3D on, I tried it but the sights of the gun become difficult to focus on making it harder to aim. I might try it again another time but really for online play which is all I'll do with the game after the story, it just makes you less able to kill other players. It's a handicap really. Other games I would say yes it works but in FPS's no don't use S3D.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 am

Did a bit more playing in S3D, it does look good the map Nuke Town is the best for S3D, but still it's so hard to focus on the end of your sights, through the sights with a ring around them or through a scope is really really hard. I began to feel a bit sick in the end and stopped playing. Played combat training which is multiplayer but on your own, on the hardest setting, man thats intense, the moment they see you, you die. Bert and Shroud got me so many times.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 pm

You know one annoying thing about the scoring on CoD is it doesn't take into account deaths, if you have more or as many deaths as you have kills you should never be placed over someone who has fewer deaths than kills. More death's = not helping the team (Except as a meat shield to divert the enemies fire).

Slightly a rant because I was just statistically the best player on the team, with 15 kills and 5 deaths and was placed 4th out of 6 players on our team. The person above me had 13 kills and 13 deaths and 3 assists. The person at the top of our team had 15 kills 10 or 11 deaths but had 1 or 2 assists. That was the first game I've really played well on since I got this game I should have had my place in the sun damn it. It was an intense game, I was beginning to move and think correctly (Not reloading after every shot I made and clinging to cover) I always end up losing to the enemy when I pass them in door ways and in panic mess up, this time I didn't try to go straight for the guy I walked a way and went after him when there was a bit of distance, might have ended differently if he decided to come after me though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content