The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Assassins Creed II

Fenon
    Fenon

Assassins Creed II Empty Assassins Creed II

Post by Fenon Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Picked this up cheap today, haven't played it yet. I'll do that and be back later or not if its good. Couldn't be assed to finish the first game.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Assassins Creed II Empty Re: Assassins Creed II

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Just completed it, yeah its much better than the first game, although they took out a few things that I liked. I think only once you gather info on a target before going after them, however saying that it did get boring in the first game because you had to keep doing the same things. Also there were quite a few bugs which seems to be a growing trend in games now, in one mission there was a timed release of a thing you swing on and you have to get up to it before it goes. After a few failed tries I got up there in time only to find nothing there but I could still hear ticking, I looked around and saw what looked like the hole the thing came out of but nothing was there. I released that it must be a bug and tried jumping out towards where I thought it should be and yeah it was invisible. The faces in the game look a bit odd to start with but they aren't so bad after you get used to them, don't look too closely at some of them though.

I like that you can customize your look a bit in this game and the story is involving, and the characters are likable, and in my opinion Assassins Creed has one of the best sword play systems around. Also they've cut down on how long you spend playing as Desmond which they kept making you do in the first game and it was boring, this time his bits are actually good as well, and I'm actually looking forward to what happens with him in future games.

Going to watch the Lineage movie and get the DLC now.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:23 pm

I got a far as Venice and got board, but don’t take my word for anything I’ve also got board of Mass Effect 2 supposedly one of the best 360 games of the year.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:01 pm

I was a bit annoyed that there was a whole city where you do nothing, I thought that they would either go back to it or it was going to be used for DLC.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 pm

My favourite line in the game comes from his uncle when they first meet, I hate to admit it but it made me laugh quite a bit.

Bought both DLC and completed one already, it was quite good although you could say that its something that belonged in the game from the beginning, since its treated as a missing part of the story. I'm not angry about that though because I quite like the way it was done.

I think I may also complete the first Assassins Creed game just to see what happened in the end.

I'm not sure about the next game in the series, it looks a bit like a slightly altered version of the game and not a real sequal.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 pm

I started the first game from scratch because its been so long since I've played and I didn't know what was happening. I'm now upto that point again and well I want to stop playing it again, I think AC is harder than AC2 climbing and the sword play are not so easy/fluid this is good and bad, its too easy on AC2 but it flows easier and makes for a more enjoyable experience. AC2 is more fun but wimps out of AC's more assassin like game play, there's not much tracking your enemy, finding out where they will be in AC2 its just go to the mission point do the mission. Neither game is perfect but AC2 is much better to play. I'm going to push through the boring bits and complete AC then I'll download the PSP game, not sure how good that is, I've heard you can't sneek up on boss targets, they look like normal boss fights. After that I'll play AC2 again without buying any swords or armour or improving that town.

Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Fenon wrote: After that I'll play AC2 again without buying any swords or armour or improving that town.

Why do that? All necessary equipment gets given to you anyway, I don’t believe the extra weapons and armour make that much difference, I guess you wont have to keep running back to that town to collect your cash but you will still need to purchase health, poison and throwing knifes, I can’t see the play through being that different.

Btw did you go for all the view points? When I got to Venice I found some I couldn’t clime, maybe I’m being thick and missing something or am I missing a climbing upgrade? Anyhow I think that’s why I stopped because I got frustrated.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:31 pm

As much as I enjoyed the first game,I never completed it.After getting to the third or fourth town,it was just the same thing over and over again and quite frankly I got bored of it.
    Does the second instalment improve on this situation or is it just more of the same ?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm

It improves a lot on the first one, while I was playing it I thought it was one of the best games I had played, but then the repetitiveness begun to sink in, it just took longer than the first.
    I find the shear amount of collectibles daunting, I know their not necessary but when I’m close to one on the map I can’t resist, though you can filter them out in the options.

Anyway Stony you have no time to think about games that don’t have Oblivion in the title.Twisted Evil Wink
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Visage wrote:

Anyway Stony you have no time to think about games that don’t have Oblivion in the title.Twisted Evil Wink

Today is a one off, Very Happy ,its a free day Wink
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Yeah Vis you'll get an upgrade to your climbing later. You may have reached it already, its not that far into the that cities missions that you get it. There are two reasons I don't want to use armour, the first is just because you can't take it off and go back to how you looked before, you can only change it for other armour and secondly armour gives you health boosts without armour you have much less health so the game is harder, and I'll look different than I did first time around, I've also got the voices set to Italian to make it a different experience. Weapons I don't think make much difference, I didn't find anyone harder to kill with the basic weapons. I quite enjoy stealing weapons from the guards etc. I think if you want to keep playing Assassins Creed games you need to finish this one, I don't know whats at the end of the first game yet but the second seems like its quite an important part of the series.

I think I may well get the next AC game, I've seen a video and it does look quite good. Don't know if I'll get it right away or wait a bit.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Vis did you ever finish AC2? I'm still on AC, I've halted playing because I got the Go and have been playing that, but I will go back soon I'm not going to play the PSP AC game until I have. I've just got past the point I was at the last time I played (Have I said this already?).
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 am

No not gone back to it yet, I’ve been going through my unfinished back catalogue, quite a few good games like Bioshock, and Red Faction that I probably stopped when daughter was borne.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:00 pm

PS2 Red Faction or the new one?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Red Faction Guerrilla on 360, a follow up to the PS2 one I believe.

My lad was given it last year but never really played it, so it stayed in the cupboard forgotten and unloved until I had a sort out, mind you I’m finding it hard so no wonder he gave up on it.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/944786-red-faction-guerrilla/images
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Ah, I never completed the PS2 Red Faction (Never played RF2, didn't even know about it till I tried to find out about Guerrilla) I got it on PC first and mostly played online because that was amazing, then I sold that (Needed money) and later (When I had money) bought it on PS2 (Cheap) but it crashed quite frequently so gave up trying to play that (I've still got it, I should just chuck it). Completed Guerrilla though, enjoyed it but because the buildings don't respawn (Thats not really a bad thing) and there aren't really many of them (Thats the bad thing) I found myself holding back during missions. Its not until the end that the game becomes more of what it should have been. The DLC which expands the game is good, but harder.

Ooooo, just looked on Gamefaqs to see if there's going to be a new game and it looks like there will be, not out till next year. The video doesn't thrill me, looks like its going towards horror. You go back down into the mines and there are aliens. The sound quality and the editing of the video weren't very good. Looks like you can rebuild things with a device on your arm.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6264810/
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 pm

Blimy fen I knew nothing about Red Faction until this week I had no idea it had such a history.
    You say you have finished Guerrilla, on what format was that and did you try malty player? apparently it's very good.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:47 pm

I played on PS3. I tried multiplayer once or twice, didn't really care much for it but didn't give it a fair shot either and at the time I had bought a few other games, and was playing others online with people I know (They don't have Red Faction!). I think I was annoyed about not being able to pick a game to join from a lobby list, it just searches and throws you into a game, when I played it took forever as well to find a game.

I'm hoping since they are going back into the mines of the first game they will put back the ability to blow up the ground and make tunnels, I don't think its too likely since they took it out on purpose so that people didn't run out of ammo and get stuck in a hole, but that would be a feature I would be interested in seeing back.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:30 pm

I have finally completed Assassin's Creed, not going to attempt to complete it again, too boring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm