The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+4
Briisace
Visage
Darkstone
Fenon
8 posters

Where is everyone?

Visage
    Visage

Where is everyone? - Page 4 Empty Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Visage Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:01 pm

LOL Stony & 9, Congrats Fen I wouldn’t like to sit those theory exams you have to do these days, when I took mine all I had to do was stear a horse & cart and pick up the poo afterwards. Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks guys. I'm shacking my fist at you Dark and saying "Why you!", that was brilliant 9.

The Theory test was pretty easy, the questions on the test are nearly completely the same as the questions on the practise tests, so all you really need is a fairly good memory, the hard bit is that they throw in some questions that aren't in the highway code and have little to do with actual driving (There was a question about insurance that had no place being on the test, I pretty sure it was just there to increase your chances of failing). The hazzard perception bit was pretty tough just because they don't really prepare you for it, There's nothing on the DSA website you help you practise, I did find a website that did allow me to practise but that was like a day before the test. Next year it might be harder to pass the theory test, they are changing it so that the questions aren't the same as the practise questions, or at least they are worded differently.

I was 4 minutes from failing my test before it even started, we made a mistake about the time the test started, I discovered the time was wrong in the morning and called my instructor, he said he was going to be doing a lesson in 4 minutes time and he would have turned his phone off for at least 2 hours which would have meant I'd have been very late to my test. As it was I lost all the tie that I had for practising that morning, so I was less prepared for the test than I should have been, I had done 4 hours of lessons this week anyway so I didn't really need that time, but it would have been nice, I was stuck behind some guy on a freaking bike when I was rushing to get to the test, and the traffic lights where all freaking against me, something had been done to them and the timing on them was completely screwed up, they changed back to red almost instantly and then took a good few minutes to go green for only a second before going red again for ages, it was nuts, it wasn't just one set of lights that was doing that it was a few, I know those lights pretty well and they have never been like that before.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Oh shit! There was a mistake today and I bought a whole years car insurance (New driver as well that makes it more) instead of paying monthly. I might have made a mistake when I was setting it up or missed something having never done this before but the guy on the phone when he read everything back to me didn't give me chance to say it was correct and just clicked to take the payment, just after he clicked I said "no wait!" but it was too late, spent ages after trying to cancel the payment. Basically tomorrow I'm going to be driving my new car home then calling and cancelling the insurance, after that I can't drive for 10 days while I wait for it to be refunded.

Today sucks quite a lot.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 pm

cars are basically a big hole that you sink money into.
    you do this willingly because you hate taking the bus, cycling makes your undercarriage sore, you've seen the movies car chases ARE fun, you don't want to have to walk anywhere again until you're 70, and you hate sodding buses.

any insurance is of course evil because you are giving permission to be robbed by daylight.
    car insurance is a particularly evil part of the aforementioned big hole.
    you have to get it because it's required by law. welcome to suckville.

this is also why it costs so much as they already have you by the short and curlies.
    even if by some miracle you have found the cheapest deal you still feel conned.

don't ever try to claim it, as you forgot to read the small print on subsection 278, paragraph 3726 stardate 635241 where it clearly states the money travels from you to them, no point in trying to make the river go backwards as only jesus and chuck norris are allowed to do that.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:59 pm

I for sure feel mugged, got to pay over £100 a month for 9 months... That is when I get my money back, should in 5 working days. I was all happy because I didn't have to pay £200 a month on my driving lessons... That happiness is gone.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Pretty hungry right now, I decided to give up meat for a week, today is the first day and I've been hungry pretty much all day. I'm trying to get into better shape for when I do my black sash in the summer, so I'm not eating junk food or meat for this week and maybe I'll either cut them out altogether or at least reduce how much of them I eat. To be honest I don't eat much in the way of vegetables and I rarely eat fruit, so today has been a 180 from my usual diet.

If I survive this week I'm going to eat one of my favourite foods at the weekend, sweet pork dumplings.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:40 am

Why do you think not eating meat is a good idea?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Eating meat is good for building muscle and building up mass, but I need to reduce my weight. Also it might get me into better eating habits when I do start eating meat again. I've also wondered how I would do as a vegetarian, like I said I didn't really eat that much in the way of fruit and veg before so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hack it as a vegetarian, but so far it's going fine. Wanting to eat meat hasn't been that big of a deal so far (In the supermarket the smell of meat was much stronger than I remember it being), it's just a pain in the arse avoiding stuff that has animal stuff in it, for example egg's are in tonnes of stuff, chicken stock is used in soups which don't at first glance have anything to do with animals watercress soup for example.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:28 am

Things are looking up for me this month, my car insurance went down by £30-£40 a month and I don't need to contact them (Last year it was a big mess), it also looks like my warranty is 24 months not 12 so I don't need to go in to have a problem that might not exist looked at yet. I'm unsure if it's my driving or the car that's the problem. All I need to do is get the MoT done, HAZZAH for not wanting to do stuff!
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Hello fellow ragolions I've not been here for a while. * waves.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Hello *Waves* been on holiday or saving the world? You've not missed anything, I think everyone has lost their hands.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:13 pm

I still have a look everyday. I like to see what fens been up to.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:41 pm

yeah your just back in the nick of time Vis, Fen wants to rename the forum Fenon's Knights of the Round Table
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Yep I think we might as well.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Ok I give up trying to keep this forum alive, I'll be back when PSO 2 comes out.
    Longlegz
    Longlegz

Post by Longlegz Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Soz, Ive been keeping a low profile
    - I think someone is trying to kill me
    - This morning I woke and found someone had put a Tesco burger on my pillow Smile Smile (Godfather film, geddit)

--Legsy
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:31 am

heh good one
    we like references to topical news and classic films Very Happy

don't they usually get around this problem by adding a new line of small print on the label... may contain horse Razz
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Hellooo,

I'm still alive! (Shroud hasn't found me so profoundly annoying that he's murdered me yet)

been busy making sure sky doesn't run out of dishes - I've been successful so far. Smile

also, I'm afraid I might have a horse burger in my freezer...O_O

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:04 pm