The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+4
Briisace
Visage
Darkstone
Fenon
8 posters

Where is everyone?

Fenon
    Fenon

Where is everyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Fenon Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm

You'd better get on again soon Mr. Nine. Doctor Fen will have to pay you a visit if you don't.

Just got back from Kung Fu, one of my ribs on my left hand side is swollen and my neck got cranked a bit and is also swollen. I'm not going to have a great night of sleep tonight. I'm annoyed with myself that I didn't tell a guy that I was wrestling with (Who at some point caused the injuries) to stop pulling his punches and hit me properly. I've had a strong urge to be beaten up for the last few months.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 pm

yoo are crazy Suspect why do you want to be beaten? Come to Bert's Bar, I'll show you a beating.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:20 am

I had quite a bad time Saturday my ribs swelled up quite a lot and it seems I had bruising from that rib (An inch under my nipple) upto my shoulder, not visible bruising. I had a hard time sleeping as well there was no postion I could lie in that didn't cause pain, and when I did fall asleep I had a dream that I was told my Grand Father had died which normally I would realise wasn't true and I'd wake up but this time I couldn't because he is in hospital at the moment and it could infact happen.

Physical pain isn't that bad, it can be quite satisfying in a macho testosterone way. I can't handle feeling sick, (Don't mean man flu, I sometimes like flu) actually feeling like I'm going to throw up I mean, I don't drink because I'm overly aware that at some point I'll feel sick. And I'm used to being hit it's a weekly thing, I've been hitting myself in the week to try and toughen myself up as well and I've been punching and elbowing walls and door frames, I have had bruises all the way up my fore arms for the last few weeks. I've been trying to find things to punch at work but everything feels like its going to break, the walls feel really weak, I feel like I'm going to put my hand through them or at least leave a knuckle mark in the wall. Oh walls are quite flexible, if you want to punch a wall find a long one and punch it in the middle, corners are very hard and unforgiving.
    Longlegz
    Longlegz

Post by Longlegz Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Hey Fenon, sorry to hear about your injuries, Why don't you take up running.
    Its a good way to get agression out of your system maybe find a running club and get some
    running trainers (about 25- 30 pounds) and you keep fit. Smile Smile
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm addicted to fighting I get itchy if I don't fight for a while, besides my Kung Fu brothers are brothers and I'd miss them if I left. I'm also not fair off being a black belt, would nearly be one now if it wasn't for my masters horrible injury. My ribs haven't been too bad today I expect I'll have a bit of pain tonight but nothing too bad should sleep better.

Actually just about a week ago I took up running, I've put it off this long because I hate running but I need to improve my stamina for Kung Fu so I've started doing it. The most I've done so far is run around in a fairly small circle for an hour, and for the last 15 minutes went flat out which I did last Tuesday night (12am to 1am). Tried to run Thurday but I could only manage to run about 100 yards before my legs said no more I think they were still recovering from Tuesday because I was in pain for about the first 30 minutes of the run and had to punch the backs of my hands to distract me from the pain in my legs. There was no bounce in my legs and they got tired too quick. I was going to try and run for another hour tonight and this time do it with ankle weights on (They are over 1kg each I'm not sure how much over) but I went to my Grans today and have just got back now, I have a busy day tomorrow anyway so I guess its for the best.
    Longlegz
    Longlegz

Post by Longlegz Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:38 pm

I use to go jogging 2 - 3 times a week to build up general fitness and I ran with a mate which makes it easier -
    I really recommend a good pair of running trainers to absorb the shock for the heels of your feet though.
    We'd run along canal paths and parks etc lasting about 40 mins which equates to about 5-6 miles and you are right
    your calf and thigh muscles are tight for all the following day.
    Good luck with the black belt.
    p.s. I think Ill get back into it.

Longlegz
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 pm

So where is Darkstone? last thing I heard he wasn't feeling well and that was a good few weeks ago, hope all is ok.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Don't know, I don't think I've seen him online but I just put that down to his modding project.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 pm

last thing i heard he was still unwell...bad times. Hope he gets better soon!!
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:09 am

Yeah get better soon Dark.

Just went out for another run, I was wanting to do another hour but this time with a 1kg ankle weight on each leg, but after a few minutes I began to think I wouldn't make it to 30 minutes. I keep pushing on though and while it wasn't a fast pace I did make it to an hour, but I didn't stop and thought I'd try to get to 1 and a half hours, I did, well actually nearly 1 hour 40, but I had to stop every now and then to move my damned cat out of my path, he was trying to piss me off. I ran extra to make sure I made up for it. Fairly sure I'm going to suffer tomorrow, don't know if I'll be able to run again this week, my legs feel shot. I wish I had some idea for far I would have ran.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi all,thanks for the concern.Yes I`ve been pretty unwell and am just getting back on my feet.I had a really nasty virus that knocked me for a loop and then just as I was just getting over that we had a chemical incident at work which really put me in a bad way.Inhaling chlorine gas is not recommended for good health.
    Anyway the worst seems to be over now and hopefully no long term effects to be worried about.

Games wise I`ve been playing COD MW2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ( which as Vis says is fantastic ).I`m pretty busy with Oblivion modding and have a couple of projects on the go.I`ve just got Fallout:New Vegas and downloaded the SDK for it and am just gettting used to how it works with a view to start modding for that too.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Good to see you are still alive Dark, Bert already called dibs on your stuff better check its all still there. I'm missing half my naked Hitler collection and my gold plated PSO Dreamcast game, she got to them before I confirmed I was still alive.

How are you finding CoD MW2? Lots of rage? Thats what I get when I play it.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Darkstone wrote:
    Games wise I`ve been playing COD MW2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ( which as Vis says is fantastic ).I`m pretty busy with Oblivion modding and have a couple of projects on the go.I`ve just got Fallout:New Vegas and downloaded the SDK for it and am just gettting used to how it works with a view to start modding for that too.

No F1 2010 in there, you surprise me. Shocked
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:03 pm

oi oi back online after a gazillion upates

sorry to here have been unwell wishin you all the best
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Welcome back Nine.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:23 am

Well got my chance to test out my legs after all that running for the last few weeks, went at full speed for most of last night at Kung Fu, I did get tired but not nearly as soon as I normally would moving as much as I was as fast as I was. I didn't get really tired until the end when I started hitting a guy a bit harder because I was becoming too tired to move and kicked him harder to get him to move back. Going to keep running, and the next time I run I'm going to try and run fast for as long as possible.

Got hit in the ribs again last night as well, they hadn't healed, the swelling just went down since last week, and now the swelling is back but not as bad.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:14 am

This week I set myself a challenge to do 1000 frog squats (Perhaps the most painful exercise I've ever done) in a week. Yesterday I did 500 (All day not all in one go) and was fairly tired, today I've done 750 and am on my way to 1000, ok technically it's past 12 now so its tomorrow but it's still less than 24hrs since I started. When I did 500 in one day I thought 1000 in a day was way too many and that it would take forever to be able to do that many, right now I'm thinking I'll be able to do 500 in an hour tomorrow so maybe I'll be able to do 2000 tomorrow. It's getting harder to get up the stairs now though so I may end up finding it very hard to walk tomorrow.

By the way if you did look up frog squats on youtube, its not the same as the version I'm doing, I'm doing a harder version (About twice as hard 15 of the ones I'm doing are like 25 of the normal frog squat) that my kung fu teacher showed me, basically they are lower so the muscles have to work harder and the pressure is never taken off of them.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 am

so like do you go ribbit as you do them?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 am

No you say RIBBIT!! RIBBIT!! RIBBIT!! RIBBIT!!!!! And stand up as fast as you can at the end. Thats how I do it anyway.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 13, 2011 12:16 am

Zombie attack or plague? Which is it thats distracted everyone from posting?
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Fri May 13, 2011 1:03 am

still here. doing all sorts of stuff not worth boring you about Smile
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 am

Portal 2,Morrowind and Oblivion...nuff said Smile
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 14, 2011 12:08 am

You have Portal 2 on console ya?
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Sat May 14, 2011 12:23 am

Fenon wrote:You have Portal 2 on console ya?

No, I have portal 2 on a real gaming machine.....
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat May 14, 2011 12:34 am

ah Morrowind..... I was hunting around the forums to see what mods were available, not taken the plunge yet.

had a busy couple of weeks at work, so not a lot of time to chat on here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm