The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Age of Wulin

Fenon
    Fenon

Age of Wulin Empty Age of Wulin

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 pm

It's a Kung Fu F2P MMO not unlike Twelve Sky but more solidly built. The leveling system is completely different from other MMO's and is a little confusing at first, there are experience points but they don't work the same way, they are more of a fuel you burn to get things called cultivation points, which over time go into leveling skills. You also don't exactly have a level, you have skills called inners which you can level up and then switch between. Once you've activated the skill you want to cultivate you just leave it to level up over time, there are ways to speed up the leveling. I'm very keen on this leveling system, it means you can relax and do whatever else you like rather than needing to kill endless mobs.

There are eight sect's (Classes) in the game and you can acquire any skill form any of them if you want it, you just have to steal it from them in a daily event, which is tough there are people defending their sect and also other stealers waiting to kill you and steal what you stole. You can just buy the skills in the players market though which is what I do because I rarely get chance to do the event. The sects have 3 skill sets that you can learn and there is a fourth coming soonish. The skill sets are different martial arts some of them work a little like classes in other games, for example Wudang have a skill set that lets them heal which means they tank the bosses, Tang's do a lot of damage from what I've been told, all I know is they have ranged attacks and move fast.

It's mostly a PvP game but there are Forbidden Areas etc which are PvE and some players just do PvE, it's not like there is wide spread PKing I haven't been PKed in a very long time, not when it wasn't involved with guild vs guild fighting.

The cash shop is pretty fair, the only thing that could be counted as unfair is that you can buy something called VIP which lets you level skills while offline and gain a few things slightly faster, but I've seen strong non-paying players so it's not vital to have VIP, otherwise there are just some mounts, skill sets and cosmetic things which can be acquired with in game cash through other players and aren't insanely expansive from them.

I've been getting on with the game very well, I've been playing for 5 or 6 months now I think and I'm not too far off the highest level of the third inner. I've been part of a large guilds, though they have become fragile and broken, there is a lot of stress on guilds that try to have an active part in the politics in the game, there are alliances and if you make the wrong move and don't have strong allies then they will try to crush you, but that's only only if you get yourself involved mostly they will leave you alone.

Fenon
    Fenon

Age of Wulin Empty Re: Age of Wulin

Post by Fenon Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 pm

The combat system is pretty nice, the basics are that you have a rage skill which depending on what it is usually does a lot of damage, a parry which blocks nearly all of the damage you take and also builds up your rage and a parry break which well breaks the parry and they won't be able to parry again for a second or two, oh and charge which lets you move to the enemy quickly.

Each skill set has different things, for example some cause slow down, seal your moves (I believe someone else clicking on you can remove the seal), stun you for a second or two, knock you in the air, stop lightness skills (Lightness skills let you move around quickly, like dashing), there are poisoning moves and ones that push and pull you.

There are some awesome moves, you know the kind that make you feel like a fighting monster, Burning Yang Sabre's rage knocks the other player into the air and then you throw the sabre and it slashes them all over the place. There's silly set that you slap the other guy and kick him in the nuts.

When I was new to the game my guild had a street fight with another guild, at first it was chaos people killing people, more people getting involved but then it turned into 1v1 challenges, our leader vs there's, everyone was standing around and watching and it was an epic fight.

Slapping set:

Burning Yang set:

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 am

Maxed my level this morning, with just under a month to enjoy it before the update comes out and there is a new max level for each sect plus goodness knows how many new skill sets.

Trying to make the best of the time and level up as many skills as I can, I want to get the Scholar inner that I have to level 26 (I think) so that I can get 10% more movement speed. I bought a skill this morning that gives me 45% extra speed for 15 seconds. All the speed buffs I have now when fully leveled will give me 122% speed I think, I can match the basic speed of the most expensive real money mount anyway. I'll be even faster when I get another lightness skill, I think it gives me 90% speed or so for 15 seconds, though it's a one shot thing without resting. You get it through random encounters though so I'm not sure if I'll be lucky enough to get that. I think though once I have that there is anything else that will increase my speed more at least not till after the update, well I do have a skill which gives me 45% more but that's only after I block an attack.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Age of Wulin 9yi-1410
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:17 am

Messing around with a friend of mine on AoW.

Age of Wulin <a href=Age of Wulin 9yi-1411

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:04 am