The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Tabletop games.

Fenon
    Fenon

Tabletop games. Empty Tabletop games.

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 pm

Since I started watching Tabletop on Geek and Sundry I've been getting into tabletop games (Not sure how much 40k counts as tabletop). I've bought Munchkin and played a few games, always fun, and I have Last Night on Earth which I haven't been able to play yet but looks completely awesome! I want to get Pandemic next I would have it already but Amazon doesn't exactly have it in stock, well it does but only by sellers that are over pricing it, £20+ postage arse-off.

These are all fun games that anyone can enjoy, but I dug too deep and I've unleashed Dungeons and Dragons! I want to buy it, I don't have anyone that I can play with though, and if I could convince anyone I suspect I would end up being the Dungeon Master and I don't really want to be.
    DarkShroud
    DarkShroud

Tabletop games. Empty Re: Tabletop games.

Post by DarkShroud Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:35 pm

I quite enjoy playing Hero Quest with my friends, and I always love a game of Space Hulk (even if Sherbet beats me all the time).

For your other non GW type stuff the Zombies! game is fun and I i've played munchkin as well. Played Talisman years ago and quite fancy getting the new one when I've the spare cash.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:01 pm

I've always wanted to play Space Hulk, I thought it was just the 40K rules but in a more confined space, little disappointed that it's not.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:08 am

oh man - space hulk

the Tyranids always win!!

Although the one time I played as space marines, I still won. Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Got quite a few tabletop games now:

Munchkin
    Last Night on Earth
    Pandemic
    X-Wing
    Gloom
    Dixit (Not played yet)
    Battlestar Galactica (Not played yet)
    Coup (Not played yet)

Feel like I'm forgetting something.

Oh! Dungeons and Dragons (Not played, may never play)

Taking a break from buying stuff for 40K (A friend has a load of stuff waiting for me to pay for it and take it home though) and switching to buying more models for X-Wing, I've only been playing the basic game from the core set time to expand out a bit, got a Tie Bomber and B-Wing got an A-Wing too but getting that from my Sister for Christmas. I'm not going to buy too much I think, I do want to get one of the massive models for the odd big game but I want to keep it a light skirmish game if I can.

Can't wait to play Battlestar Galactica but it's going to be hard to get a game going, it takes 2-3 hours, playing shorter games in the evenings with my friends takes long enough, I don't think we'll be able to finish in one sitting. Seems like an exhausting game to play in one go too.

Not all that keen on Munchkin it usually ends up one player gets really powerful and one gets beaten down, I'll still play it but I'd rather play the others.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Just got the Tantive IV ship, wow this thing is awesome! My friend loves playing high point games so having a massive points cost ship should be fine and add a little colour to the game. We've not even used large ships yet let alone huge ships but I had the chance to get this one cheap on Amazon so I took it. The thing plays differently to normal ships, it's going to take some learning and getting used to what with the same actions having different results but should add spice and different tactics to the game when we decide to use ships like this. Even if we don't play using it just having it in the game will be cool as terrain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:14 pm