The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

5 posters

Midlife crises…..

Visage
    Visage

Midlife crises….. Empty Midlife crises…..

Post by Visage Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Midlife crises….. I now own a PS3 though I would have preferred a speed boat.
    Wanda_pso
    Wanda_pso

Midlife crises….. Empty Re: Midlife crises…..

Post by Wanda_pso Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Let me guess............so this is so you can play `The Last of Us` Twisted Evil

It could be worse say a Ps4 or Xbox1. Laughing Shocked Laughing
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:16 pm

oh dear. me and ads are playing a bit of borderlands co-op. fancy giving that another go?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:34 am

"Midlife correct and proper action that you should have done years ago" I think you mean.

I'll send you my PSN name if you want to play.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:57 am

PSN name Retro_GeezZer

Actually I didn’t find out about The Last of Us until the decision had been made, so that’s just a bonus. Very Happy

The excuse I gave to the wife was we needed something else for catch up tv and Netflix etc, as Microsoft have stopped the family account that allowed us to have 4 gold accounts for the less than the price of two.

But the main reason was the price was right and I consider Plantation Plus to be good value allowing me to download top games for free for the same price as xbox gold.

Mind you GT5 (came with the bundle) was a big disappointment as I’d waited so long to play it, on the other hand Motostorm Apocalypse (free on PS+) blew me away but I only had a quick go on both so still early days.

I’ll still be keeping my xbox gold going at least until we know more about where MS are going with XBone.

Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:02 pm

xbox one looks mint. apart from from the internet requirements. and the kinect always being on. and the used games what not.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:32 pm

The price was announced today at E3 - £429
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Briisace wrote:xbox one looks mint. apart from from the internet requirements. and the kinect always being on. and the used games what not.

...and apart from the price.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 pm

I can get all that for the low low price of £429! I've been converted to Xbox, where can I pre-order?

I actually heard that GT5 was a bit of a let down a few days ago when I heard that a new GT game is coming out for the PS3, which is supposed to be more fun or something.

Heavy Rain is an interesting PS3 exclusive, you might want to pick that up.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:38 am

.. and the PS4 will sell for £349
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 am

Xbone should be scared looks like the PS4 will pee all over them, it's a lot more gamer friendly and cheaper. Sad to see that it requires Playstation Plus to play online now, but I guess if Playstation Plus itself doesn't change I should be getting some good deals from it at least.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 am

You know what's funny I was looking on Gamefaqs for news from E3 and I thought I'd look on Xbones forums, usually at a new consoles release you see PS fans writing negative stuff on the Xbox forum with the Xbox fans reacting with counter points or stop trolling or whatever and visa-versa. But on the Xbox forum at the moment all the anti Xbox topics are filled with hate and nobody is really defending the Xbone, about all I've seen is a few people saying PSN isn't as good as Xbox Live, but as far as I've seen nothings really been said about the new PSN service, other than they are charging for it now and I doubt they would charge you without adding to the service. They have also said the Kinect is better than the Playstation Eye, a null point since few people want to use either and at least the PS4 gives you the choice. The PS4 forum is full of the same topics, I think this is the first time a war between two consoles has been so one sided. I suppose when the Playstation one came out it did kinda leave the N64 in the dust and the Saturn was hurt badly, I wasn't really an internet user back then but I can't imagine the Saturn or N64 had hate from their own fans like the Xbone has.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Well so far PS+ has been good value as I’ve not paid anything yet I’m on a 30 day trial, considering I only got it at the weekend I’ve downloaded for free-

Kingdoms of Amalur – good game but already have it on Steam
    The Cave – I completely ignored this on xbla & steam but enjoying it so far.
    Catherine – I no nothing.
    Malicus - don’t understand it
    Ico HD – one of the games that sold me PS+ & PS3 I’ve always wanted to play it.
    Infamous 2 – not tried yet but looking forward to it.
    Lotr war of the North – not tried probably meh
    Little Big planet 2 – I always wanted to try the original this ones better.
    Demon’s Souls – another one I’ve wanted to play
    Motorstorm Apocalypse – loving this
    Shadow of the Colossus HD – looks amazing for a PS2 game looking forward to getting into it, I was lucky as it’s already disappeared from PS+

Apparently in Tomorrows update LBP2, Motorstorm & infamous2 are taken off and get replaced by LBP Karting (worth a try), Uncharted 3 (already got this with bundle)& Xcom enemy unknown (looking forward to this). So looks like I got in just in time.

On a plus note Microsoft have announced that you only need one gold account per household so no need for family account anymore, this is supposed to count for 360 as well as XBone. So I win… family keep their gold accounts and I managed to Justify having a PS3 before my justification became unjustified. cheers
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Kinda wishing I had a Playstation Plus account now...

Ico is awesome, not completed it my PS2 is broken. Shadow of the Colossus is great too, beautiful game, not sure how it stands up now even in HD. I'm trying to decide if I should fix my PS2/buy a new one or get the HD PS3 releases.

Kinda sucks that you can only play the free games on PS+ while you have PS+ but still if you buy it for a year I guess it doesn't matter much.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Fenon wrote:
    Kinda sucks that you can only play the free games on PS+ while you have PS+ but still if you buy it for a year I guess it doesn't matter much.

True and I've downloaded all that is free now so I'll be hanging on to see what's new every month, It also makes me reluctant to pick up old stuff like Heavy Rain in case it pops up as a freebee.

But as I'm used to paying for xbox live and seeing as the PS4 requires PS+ for online gaming it's a nice bonus that you get all the free stuff too, (I see MS have also said they will give away two free games every month now for gold users +1 Microsoft about time too) but PS+ is required for games only all the media stuff is still free.

I'm definitely swaying to the PS4 and it will get the Elder Scrolls Online beta for starters. I'm just uncomfortable with the control Microsoft is trying to impos, I don’t mind the always online thing though I can see that being a pain for some. It's the way they have control over softwear that apparently you don’t own despite paying for it, and what happens when the server fail and years down the line when they close those servers and move to the next big thing. I don't like the way you need something compatible with xbox smartglass to reap extra benifits form games, And the kinect that is always on and spying on you and even monitoring your heartbeat. Big brother anyone? and I don’t mean the TV show. nope not happy about it at all.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Yeah I know that the developers still own the rights to the games so in a sense games have never really been ours but they are taking it too far, it's almost to the point that us paying money means nothing as far as our rights go. I also understand developers wanting to get money from used sales, I don't think they entirely have the right to, we buy the game from them, we sell it back to the game shop and they sell it on again, the only real issue is the game shops shouldn't make so much I think, they buy the game from us for next to nothing and sell it (If it's a new game) for nearly full price.

I'm not really bothered about the needing to connect online thing, but then if I had an Xbone then had money issues and couldn't afford to pay for the internet for a few months say I would just have an over priced Blu-ray player, I would be really wanting to spend my time playing games at that point. Also yeah if the servers went down because of hacking or just because of new Xbox's being released I'd be quite pissed that my console and the games they had allowed me (By their good graces) to borrow was worth nothing. In a way I think it's to force us to buy the games again for the next console.

I would hate knowing my Xbone was potentially always watching and listening, I cannot say I trust them not to spy on me, and the fact that they say you don't have to send your data but it would be useful unnerves me because it means they designed the thing to send that data. Since they are taking away our rights of ownership I don't trust that they care about our other rights either.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:36 am

Midlife crisis number two...... I've pre-ordered a PS4.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 am

How do you explain this one to the wife? A protest against Xbone taking over the world and creating a big brother world? FIGHT THE POWER!
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 am

It was her idea Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:13 am