The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Magic the Gathering

Fenon
    Fenon

Magic the Gathering Empty Magic the Gathering

Post by Fenon Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I bought a deck today, went to the Forbidden Planet just to look around and buy something (Ended up buying a Pac Man cup as well, I was in a rush) I'm not 100% sure why I bought the deck, I've played the demo of the game but I didn't like it because the computer takes too long to do anything, I barely know how to play and I don't really know anyone that plays or would be interested in learning, there is one guy but we're not really good friends. I suspect I've wasted my money on the cards.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Magic the Gathering Empty Re: Magic the Gathering

Post by Neo Chade Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Magic's a good game.

Crack cocaine is prob a cheaper fix though.

But you can have fun at minimal expense. For the especially lazy, the pre cons can be entertaining. Some of the duel decks can be fun to play against each other. And they do 2 event decks with every set nowdays, they are usually fairly competitive.
    But the real game is constructing decks, which is fun but expensive. Which is my major beef with it.

But it is a good game.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

I've tried the xbox live demo but couldn't get my head around it. Why don't you give the pc version a go?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm

It annoyed me how long the turns took, I'd rather play the PC game given the choice though... I'll give it another go. Just gave it another try, I still don't like how long each turn takes but at least I sort of had fun, well between the boredom of waiting at least with a human player you can talk while they stall for time.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:09 pm

By the way if you are interested in which deck I bought I have the Golgari Growth deck. Are all the introduction decks the same, I mean if I bought another Golgari Growth deck would it have the same cards, or other than key cards are they randomish?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:27 pm

All of the decks are fixed. If you want cards, it's boosters you want. Many many boosters.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Bought another introduction deck, can't remember the name now but it's red and black mana. There's a game night tomorrow in the city, I might go in and watch, I'll take a deck but I don't think I'll play, I only just about know the rules.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I was given a calendar of Magic game nights for the rest of the year, thing is while I can go, the guy that really wants to go can't because every night is when he is working.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:17 pm

I'd get as many games in as you can if you go down. it is the best way to learn. it's not just the rules you have to work out, but the interactions between the cards. And you can only really get that from experience. A card combo sticks in your brain from being beat down with it, rather than seeing it happen. And from seeing it decimate your deck, you can see ways you might be to stop it in future.

Games are usually quick, so get playing if you want to be in anyway serious.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Been playing the PC game with Neo recently, a lot of fun games though he does kick my butt more than is healthy for it, so many tense moments tonight, I rarely at any point think I'm going to win against Neo, I know he'll have one more git card up his sleeve waiting for the right moment to screw me up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content