The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

Baffled - For Vis

Darkstone
    Darkstone

Baffled - For Vis Empty Baffled - For Vis

Post by Darkstone Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Okay, just watched that trick kite flying video you linked to on FB - thoroughly enjoyed it, amazing skill. Just one question, how the hell do they do that without getting the strings (non technical term probably Smile ) hopelessly tangled up. I can remember from my kite flying days, kites in close proximity to each other usually meant a slow spiral to the earth Smile
    Visage
    Visage

Baffled - For Vis Empty Re: Baffled - For Vis

Post by Visage Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 am

Embarassed Whoops! don't know how I missed this.

Those kites have 4 lines each so count the lines... lots!

To answer your question the line is expensive coted stuff tightly wound and pre stretched, it's very strong and slippery to it self so can take a lot of wraps before it becomes to tight to manoeuvre.
    The flying routine is choreographed so after so maany wraps one way they eventually unwrap themselves the other way.
    a good team like that is normally miked up aswell with one person giving instructions not to disimilarly to an air display like the Red Arrows.

Once you have a degree of control it's not that hard to do, ive done it on a much smaller scale but nothing as well choreographed as that, but when we cock up and a kite goes between anothers lines instead of over and around this is when we end up with an experience tangled mess resembleing a birds nest.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Here it is again.

This one was with very little rehearsal the idea was to form the figure 20 to celebrate 20 years of the Revelation quod line kite (that’s what’s flying) Sadly I was only spectating.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:23 am

Thanks for the explanation, I still think its amazing Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:57 am