The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+4
DarkShroud
DS9
Darkstone
Fenon
8 posters

Dreaming!

Fenon
    Fenon

Dreaming! Empty Dreaming!

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 am

I set my Dreamcast up again last night to see if it still worked, been fearing that it wouldn't I've not used it in like 5 years or more. Worked first time! I'm going to play Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia again can't wait! Not going to play Shenmue, I fear that it might depress me too much getting to the end of that only to know there will never be another game released. Playing Grandia (The PSone game) on my PS3 at the moment, never finished it because well it's not a lick on Grandia 2 but I owe it to Grandia 2 to try and complete it, I got to disc 2 last time. Might even play some PSO v1 if I have any save slots on my memory cards.

Aww I have to play Silver again, it was one of the first Dreamcast games I bought and I think I'm like the only person that loves that game.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Dreaming! Empty Re: Dreaming!

Post by Darkstone Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Grandia 2 has the best combat system of any game of that genre Smile
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Can't remember much about the combat system, I love the story and the characters. The only thing I remember that really bugged me was when you fight his brother the first time you can't hurt him, but when you fight him again not too long after he's pretty much a push over. I dislike that system of doing things, if you need him to win have the battle be interupted, have someone heal him or shield him and then kill that person in another battle so that when you finally do fight his brother there can be a good reason why he can be hurt, have your team gain some kind of power that make's it acceptable that they can hurt him now. Just basically give a good reason for him to loss, or not loss as the case maybe.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

i don't play my dreamcast much now. sniff!
    rail road tycoon 2 is about the only game i've played recently.
    may be time to take me out the back with the shotgun..
    DarkShroud
    DarkShroud

Post by DarkShroud Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Think when this uni thing is over I might set the old Dreamcast up and have some epic gaming. Loved Grandia 2 as well here. Actually completed the first one but I agree it's nothing on the second. That other one on the PS2 wasn't quite the same either.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm

I did want to play Grandia 3 was it? but it was america and japan only I suppose and I didn't try to import it, and I didn't have much luck with PS2's the 2 I bought both broke down, one within the first month I had it.

I love the graphics of the game so much Gadzap etc were amazing, it'll be interesting to see how they stack up now, but I had a quick go on virtua tennis 2 (The last game I played it appears) and it's still pretty damn nice looking, could use some AA is all.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 01, 2012 1:30 am

You know I'm actually not finding it so bad to play this time, I suppose because there have been sod all turn based RPG's released in the last few years, so while Grandia wasn't great back then when games like Grandia 2 were out, now when all we get is FF13... well Grandia is looking like a pretty awesome game, if it was released this week I'd be super hyped to buy it. I think when I finish it I might send it to Square Enix, telling them this is what they should be doing. I wouldn't be too shocked if Square Enix went out of business in the not too distant future.

I've got about 5 RPG's I want to play at the moment, if I give in and play any other than Grandia I'll never complete Grandia.

The list:

Grandia
    Grandia 2
    Skies of Arcadia
    FF6 (I found the case for this weeks ago and wanted to play it, looked around for age's and finally found it last night in my PSone...)
    Silver
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue May 01, 2012 9:59 am

I don’t think there are any games I miss on the DC, I went through a stage were I regretted getting rid of it but what I’ve played in the last few years has so surpassed those days I no longer miss it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 am

I was thinking this morning that while there have been no good turn based RPG's that I know about, the Witcher 2 and games like it more than make up for that loss. It is still nice to go back and play turn based RPG's, be nice if some people did still make them. I don't know if I trust anyone to actually, some of the semi turn based RPG's I have played recently have had crap, poorly written stories with outright painful dialogue. You know you have a shit game on your hands when they have a long conversation about going somewhere else to have a conversation! You can expect two things from that game firstly they will tell you nothing new in that second conversation and they will repeat something which has only just been said and the people that heard it will act shocked, as if it's the first time they've heard it.

I think there was actually a gun based stylish japanese RPG which I think was turn based on PS3, I might try looking for that, I've no high hopes though.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue May 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Remembered a game I miss “Omikron”. Loved the bladerunner atmosphere and Bowie soundtrack. Wished I’d finished it.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Tue May 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Grandia 1 >>>>>>>Grandia 2. Not to say Grandia 2 is bad, it's an excellent RPG, one of the best. But still inferior to the almightly Grandia.

"Come on Puffy!! Rah Rah, Rah Rah. Lets Go, Here We Go, Ho!"

Back on topic, the DC was such a big thing back it's day, everything was already played to death.
    Never finished Record of Lodoss War though, could be tempted to fish that out. I don't really remember the DC for it's rpg's though. Grandia 2 and erm...?? Skies was boring, so thats out. Remember it more for it's nigh perfect fighting. <3 Street Fighter Alpha 3. and Project Justice.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 am

Can't say I agree about Skies of Arcadia, for me it's one of the few RPG's thats had it's "ultimate power" not be a complete let down, usually it's like "Fear this ultimate attack!" and then it's just a bit of rain.

I love the characters, the colours, the setting, just about everything was great, not sure what the combat was like, I'll find out when I finally get around to playing again (could be a while I've been playing Grandia for 5 hours and I'm only at the second dungeon).

I wouldn't claim it to be the best RPG out there but there aren't many RPG's out there like it. I imagine if an RPG was made like it now it would be filled with these cutesy "everything tastes so good!" "With the power of friendship we can do anything" moe girls. They make me sick now, can't stand them. I've lost my interest in new anime now because of them, I just expect them to be in everything.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed May 02, 2012 1:27 am

Record of Lodoss war was an amazing game.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Wed May 02, 2012 12:35 pm

i finished Skies of arcadia back in the day and it was good. when i say finish i mean got to the end but i didn't complete it i think you coold play on and it has replay value to.

shenmue gotta love the mue

Soul calibur was great and you think yeah i bet if i pop it on now it'll suck but no it still bedazzles with it's smooth awesomeness

me and the shroud spent endless hours on Quake 3 arena offline and online and i was also well into unreal tournament offline and online RAMPAGE!

ooga booga hilarious multiplayer fun

San francisco rush great fun the racing and also the chittybangbang stylee wings for added airtime. also the stunt mode major fun definately good multiplayer action funness.

alien front online was good stuff offline and online

Crazzzzzzzzzy Taxi yeah that's the other one i sometimes slap on the dc for a go. sadly i'm just not as good as when i was younger. the dc version features the original and best rockin music for it plus the original brands place names.
    xbox arcade version annoyed me coz the music was different.

one of the best Daytona usa's was the dc one and Metropolis Street Racer was astounding. hard as nails and bloody good. kudos idea was fun. i did like project gotham on xbox coz you could slap in your own music to cruise to

house of the dead 2 me and shroud would play this with the guns

the original virtua tennis was a fun party game it was one we used to put on along with soul calibur and house of the dead when ma and the missus had friends round

if i recall i actually got my dc coz i seen Resident Evil code veronica on my brother's dc and went wow

the first time going into the forest on pso seeing a bear and running back to the door. just amazing that my kids are playing the gc version on the wii now ten years later!

Tomb Raider Last Revelation how many hours on that i was always bad at those jumps and plummeting to my doom. i can still here laras cry as she fell.

Dino Crisis just brilliant completed this too.

Millenium Soldier, MaxSteel and Hidden&Dangerous all good stuff.

oh god i nearly forgot Furfighters ! bonkeroony multiplayer funness. the james bond 007 'on her majesty's secret service' music den den den dere de den de den ! yes !
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Wed May 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Wut? Skies boring?

Dreaming! Gfs_42094_2_27
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Pretty sure I've forgotten 70% of the Dreamcast games I own, I just found Trickstyle and... I've already forgotten the other one I found...

I found Starlancer as well, the question is do I hate myself enough to try playing that game again. If you don't know Starlancer it's a mission based spaceship shooter and one of it's missions is super hard. You have to shoot down a load of torpedo's that are near impossible to see or find, very quickly and fly long distances to each set of torpedos.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Have any of you heard of Arc the Lad? I was looking at it on the PSN store or whatever they call it now. Looks pretty decent for a TRPG, usually you just click on different areas of a world map read some half assed attempt at dialog and go to the battle. But it looks like Arc the Lad has an acceptable amount of walking around and good story telling.
    Wanda_pso
    Wanda_pso

Post by Wanda_pso Fri May 04, 2012 12:23 am

If you do play pso again do remember to set your date to after you last played it.
    As it will wipe/corrupt your save. Sad
    I think........
    Oo I`m tempted to find Rez now and Under defeat.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 04, 2012 1:18 am

I'm not sure I can play PSO again without deleting my V2 save file. It's been a long time since I played the first PSO but couldn't you only make 4 characters and have only 1 save file per memory card?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 04, 2012 9:34 am

My old PSO
    v2 save corrupted Sad we have two memory cards
    one official one not and both have corrupt data. Mad
    Wanda_pso
    Wanda_pso

Post by Wanda_pso Fri May 04, 2012 11:43 am

Just set one of mine up and it looks like the lasers died Mad
    The vmu`s look like they`ve still got saves on them after a bit of blowing dust out of the connectors.
    Now where did I store the other machine?!?

And Fenn it was 1 save per vmu and it was locked to the machine it was made on.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Ah VMU I was trying to remember what they were called, wasn't there a way to transfer your save to another machine? I know I had one Dreamcast that broke down, I don't remember lossing my chars to it. I saw a Dreamcast on Amazon for £30 or so.
    Wanda_pso
    Wanda_pso

Post by Wanda_pso Sat May 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Found my other machine and it works ok Very Happy
    Then pulled out a box full of DC games....except that they are either not in the right case or
    they`ve been put in other cases. affraid
    There`s an action replay type disc you can use to transfer pso saves over.
    Perhaps I should phone Sega and see if they can do it. lol!
    I had them do it once before when a machine died.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat May 05, 2012 11:14 pm

They are so busy with people wanting help with the same problem good luck! I called earlier, gave up after an hour on hold.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 15, 2012 10:51 am

Just got to the misty forest at 27hrs in.

Those female sergeants are bitchy and one of their squads is called the Bloody Rose Squad... Is that a intentional PMS joke?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:07 pm