The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

Evochron Mercenary

Fenon
    Fenon

Evochron Mercenary Empty Evochron Mercenary

Post by Fenon Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Bought this yesterday, pretty damn good game. It's basically Elite which is one of my favourite games ever had so much fun playing that as a kid. Most of the game is like an updated version of Elite, planets have space stations, space stations are also in other places and you can fly down onto planets, there isn't much on planets at the moment just cities that are basically the same as space stations, it is very cool though and flying the ship on the planet is different than in space, it may seem like a pointless thing at the moment but there is a lot of potential and I think the guy that made the game is planning to expand the planet based stuff.

The game has multiplayer as well, which is the same as single player which is really all it needed for me to want to buy it, just be like Elite and have multiplayer.

You can customize your ship to a pretty high degree and the controls of the ship in space are solid, if you switch to inertia mode your ship will keep flying in whatever direction and speed it was last moving in/at, if you spin your ship around and try to fly in the other direction you have to fight the inertia before you will stop going in that direction, more than once I've made my ship go extremely fast and then have had one hell of a job slowing it down. You have plenty of control over your ship, you can send power to your shields or to your weapons, if you send power to your shields though as I learnt when you use the hyper drive it will take much longer to regenerate power. You also have fuel to think about, it's not just flying that burns fuel, turning your ship around uses it as well, granted only a small amount but when you let your fuel get super low you really need to think about every movement and have to make sure you get your inertia going in the right direction, it's a lot of fun though if you mess up you are pretty screwed, you can join someones server and ask for help I've heard and I think NPC ship will help you out if they are near by.

Combat is the same as Elite, it's not too hard at the moment but I'm only at the start of the game.

Considering that one guy made this game there is a huge amount of stuff in it, it's a deep and involving game if you liked Elite you'll love this.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Evochron Mercenary Empty Re: Evochron Mercenary

Post by Fenon Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 am

When your shields get damaged on one side you can manually send more power to the weakened side which weakens your shields on the other sides or you can equalise the shields on all sides, pretty cool system.

Combat is fairly hard as it turns out.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:01 am