The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

Megaupload thing that happened.

Fenon
    Fenon

Megaupload thing that happened. Empty Megaupload thing that happened.

Post by Fenon Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:17 pm

It really sucks that they just shutdown the website like that, they should have given people a warning so they could get back stuff they have uploaded since it's not a site that just for illegal stuff, I don't have any idea how much illegal stuff is on there. I do think that it was completely wrong for america to do this and I hope they suffer for it, ie I hope the megauploads guy gets off (If he is innocent, I don't know anything about him or what he does other than founding the website) and I hope the innocent legitimate users of Megaupload bring legal action against the US government for this and take them to the cleaners. This was like raiding one house in a city and then taking everyone in the cities possessions as evidence, it's disgusting, stopping the SOPA bill was supposed to prevent crap like this from happening.

I don't know what the owner of Megaupload was doing, if he was doing anything illegal at all but what has happened to the legitimate users of Megaupload is aweful, and the damage it has done to mods for example Total War's mods, loads of people still play the old total war games and use the old mods which are really good, but the people that made them aren't around any more so the only place you can get the mods is from upload sites like Megaupload, if those get deleted that mod is gone, even if you can contact the guy that made the mod he might not have it any more. TWCentre is at the moment sifting through the wreckage left by the fbi and trying to save as many mods as it can. Hopefully people have got copies of those old mods on their PC's and can send them to another upload site.

Nodoubt people have lost family photo's/video's, work and other projects.
    DS9
    DS9

Megaupload thing that happened. Empty Re: Megaupload thing that happened.

Post by DS9 Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:04 pm

They keep trying to sneak these shady laws through. Luckily the blackouts by major websites helped expose and stop the latest.

Though the Megaupload thing seems to be them saying they'll just go ahead and shutdown whatever they like without due process of law.

Is the lesson here to not store your shizzle on US servers?

Ironically our website supposed to be UK but it's on a US server.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Better be careful what we say then or we might get shutdown and arrested, after all we do have screenshots of copyrighted games on the forum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:09 pm