The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

Hmm I wonder what will happen if this bill passes.

Fenon
    Fenon

Hmm I wonder what will happen if this bill passes. Empty Hmm I wonder what will happen if this bill passes.

Post by Fenon Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:09 pm

I don't think it will because it's so stupid but it is suppose to make it illegal to stream video of copyright material on things like youtube. It's mostly about music and movies etc but it might include computer games, which would be bad for the gaming industry as a lot of advertising is done on things like Youtube, for example Minecraft was a success only because of people making Minecraft videos. Machinima would never have been created, Yogscast wouldn't be making videos, Red vs Blue, Arby 'n Chief wouldn't be here. I don't buy games now for the most part if I can't watch videos of fellow gamers, not reviewers from things like IGN or other professional reviewers because I don't trust them that much.

It sounds like this is an american thing so I don't know if it will even work, can't the companies just move to say Sweden and host whatever they like? America doesn't own the internet does it? If Youtube stops allowing it to happen a new video host will appear that will host them.

Like I say though I doubt it will be past and if it is I doubt game companies will act against people uploading videos of their games since it's free advertising.

Here's the bill if you want to look it up.

Bill S.978

I don't really know much about it I just googled real quick.
    DS9
    DS9

Hmm I wonder what will happen if this bill passes. Empty Re: Hmm I wonder what will happen if this bill passes.

Post by DS9 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:07 pm

they need to get with the modern world already. streaming and downloading are not the enemy. they are breathing life back in to old fashioned stuffy industries.
    banning streaming of copyrighted material would be akin to banning radio.

america doesn't need to own something to interfere with it.

i think i recall hearing or reading somewhere that the gaming industry is worth more than todays music and film industry combined.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:22 am