The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

Burnout Paradise YUCK!

Fenon
    Fenon

Burnout Paradise YUCK! Empty Burnout Paradise YUCK!

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:53 am

I've only played less than a minute of the game and I really don't like it. It took ages to start up which is partly down to the the massive number of downloads that must be happening today on PSN etc, but the patches were quite large. Then when I finally started the game I had a load of EA crap to get through, which was a bit confusing, I just wanted to get to the start game button. After I actually got to that (Didn't actually take long but I didn't read any of what it said), the game took ages to load and gave me that crappy line "You've never experienced anything like this before" damn you yes I have, and then it just kept talking blah blah blah race at lights by revving blah blah blah blah blah. When thats done you get a load of long winded crap about your licence, and something else that I can't remember now I was just annoyed saying "Come on for F*** sake" oh yeah I think it was something about starting the game with a beat up car, more long winded rubbish, and then a tutorial starts explaining some stuff about the game in a long winded way that also doesn't let you do anything while it talks, at this point I went crazy and started pressing start to try and find away to turn the damn tutorial off but there is no option for that. Finally after my blood pressure reached critical levels I was actually able to drive. The actual driving is ok, I've not done much of it so can't review it too much but it's ok. However, something which is very off putting and the actual reason I stopped playing the game at that point is that the cars are driven by ghosts. Nobody is in the cars, any of them they are all just empty cars driving around the city... WHAT THE HELL!!! Now I don't care too much about what the guy looks like in the car, his character model could be rubbish but I don't find it acceptable for the car to just be empty. It looks really stupid, what is this city? A city of living cars?

I no doubt will play this game more and maybe I can get past controlling a living car. If it was as characterful as Herbie then yeah, but you are supposed to be the driver in the car, you should have an avatar driving it. At the moment my view of this game is that it is awful and looks like the kind of game that could kill off the Burnout games, I don't know if that is actually what it did, I haven't noticed any Burnout games coming out for a long while, not that I have looked.

Awful.

Awful.

Awful.
    Visage
    Visage

Burnout Paradise YUCK! Empty Re: Burnout Paradise YUCK!

Post by Visage Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:43 am

I think I had this well I must have done I've got achievements in it so I must have played it at some point, but it's obviously not left me with any lasting memory good or bad so I guess that says it all really.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:41 pm

I tried to give the game a second chance but the game sends you to a stat screen when you first start the game before anything else, it's online as well so it takes a while for the game to gather all the information, info I'm not interested in and even if I was I wouldn't want to be forced to look at it before I play the game, I'd want to have it as an option in the pause menu like any sane game would put it.

I started the actual game and thankfully it didn't take as long to start this time but I got stopped for it to tell me about two new bikes I could choose from. The motor bike have people on them! What would have been so hard about putting those people into cars, and having bikes with people on makes it even more annoying that cars don't have people in because you can't forget about it. You know I played Wipeout after I played this and I looked in the windows of those ships and they have little people in them, they are tiny and really hard to see but they took the time to put them in and I doubt many people would actually have taken the time to look on that game, infact they didn't even really need to make the glass clear but they did.

I drove around on the bikes and they controlled fine, I got bored though and just started crashing them which is what burnout is all about really. But I got bored of that real quick, the crashes didn't look fun or cool. I haven't even done anything in this game because I just don't care. I was at one point slightly tempted to buy this game, I'm so glad I didn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 pm