The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Outcasts

DS9
    DS9

Outcasts Empty Outcasts

Post by DS9 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:59 pm

anyone seen this? It's available now on the bbciplayer.

about folk on a colony planet expecting the last ship from earth.

Roz from Spooks is in it (decent actress altho registers zero on the schawing-ometer), Lee 'Apollo' Adama from Battle Star Galactica (yeah i thought he was really good in this), the annoying coloured kid Billy that was in the 4th series of Hustle (at least he seems a bit better in this as he was dire in Hustle), and the ebil polis guy Keats from Ashes To Ashes (hated him in Ashes altho i think that was the point, also was a prat in one episode of Hustle but again better in this in so far as i don't feel the need to boot him in the nethers).
    I like Liam Cunningham who plays president Tate good actor and Amy Manson (Daisy from Being Human) who plays Fleur shes was good too.
    Visage
    Visage

Outcasts Empty Re: Outcasts

Post by Visage Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 am

Have just watched the first, a bit slow but I stuck with it, the second looks like it's where it all kicks off, not seen the second tho so don't give anything away. Very Happy
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 am

I hope it gets to the point real soon. Nothings really happening, only these little tid bits about the settlement and what happened on Earth. But without a bigger picture it's really hard to care about all these apparent hard decisions they've all made.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Lost much?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 am

Ep6...best episode yet probably, and it made no sense whatsoever. It's just mystery after mystery and no resolution. Only 2 episodes to the end though so it's got to resolve surely?
    And next one seems very Cass-centric, hurray. Maybe we can start caring about him.

DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 am

yeah number 6 was good and cass has turned out to be one of the best chars but now i started to like him but whats te bettin this next episode will fup that right up Very Happy
    The old guy in charge is dull as dishwater, are we supposed to care about him. it really is his own stupid fault if mr slimeball julius berger takes over. if he'd had any sense he woulda bumped the guy off as soon as he arrived or got the chick he abused to do it, talkin of her she seems to have mysteriously vanshed without mention!
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:26 am

Really is odd how people can be involved in major events of a pretty small settlement never to be seen again. Theres a limit to how self contained your stories can be. Whats the betting Jack, with his now exposed plot to basically start a war, is still running the xp's with everyones blessing next episode.

(omg spoilers) Have to add I liked really wanted to like episode 5, but feel they missed the mark with Pak. Could of been so much more. Too much of the episode sacrificed for this odd "ooh ghosts of an old civilisation" thing, which had already been revealed the episode before.

Need more of Julius, he spends every episode being just a slimeball, though slightly more slimey each time. With no apparent motive beyond wanting Tate out of office.

I may have agree, Cass is currently winning as best out the main chars. Probably just because of the amount of screen time hes getting. Fleur not doing quite so well with the same time though.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 am

I...have no words.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 pm

is that the last one of the series then? thought it was ok.
    the quarantine procedures were laughable.
    wonder if they'll make another series? if they do hope it has abigger budget and include some foreigners i mean how come they're all english speaking?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:24 pm

I had a long rant typed here, but then something decided to refresh, or bugged out and now it's gone.

I leave you with http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/mar/13/outcasts-series-one-episode-eight which is quite funny, and mostly spot on.

I hope it gets a second season for a second chance at far better writers with a far better plot.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:56 pm

I was half following it until I realised it wasn’t going to conclude and just go on and on like lost, I got interested when they found the skeletons but it didn't go anywhere.

In comparison I thought the last of the current series of Being Human was brilliant.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 pm

yeah Being Human is way much better.

*spoiler*
    bit annoyed by them killing daisy off though. mcnair (robson green) implied he killed her sayin her teeth were on his necklace. i guess they wrote that in to explain her absence and so you wouldn't feel sympathy when herrick gets him

Find it a bit odd that herrick (surely not at full power?) was able to kill this seasoned werewolf thats slaughtered loads of vampires i suppose it was the surprise because the less experienced george already killed herrick when he was at full power!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:40 am