The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

5 posters

Vindictus (And lesser free MMO's)

Fenon
    Fenon

Vindictus (And lesser free MMO's) Empty Vindictus (And lesser free MMO's)

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 am

Man ok, been looking at these and they have really moved on since I was playing them sometime last year I guess.

Vindictus is just freaking WOAH! The graphics look amazing, really amazing not just amazing for a free game, amazing full stop. And the combat looks utterly fun, and varied.

I think this is the best MMO I've seen so far and frankly I don't see how any others could look better than this, and it would be hard to have more interesting combat. But quests etc maybe, there are better ones, not seen how this game handles them. The story looks great, like a proper RPG.

I am certainly going to be downloading this when I get my new PC, on its lowest settings this game still looks better than the free MMO's that we used to play. Not so much a good thing that as it means older computers can't play it.

Aion looks alright, but its just the same old free MMO just looking nicer and maybe more refined. Scratch that Aion isn't free, disapointing as when I looked at it I thought it was a Perfect World clone.

Atlantica Online looks nice enough, but the interesting thing is the combat system which in like a traditional turn based RPG. Well I'm guessing turn based it might be that each player has a battle timer. Its the top rated MMO on MMOsite.com

Its 2am so I really need to stop looking at free games that I can't even play now.

Last edited by Fenon on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    Fenon
    Fenon

Vindictus (And lesser free MMO's) Empty Re: Vindictus (And lesser free MMO's)

Post by Fenon Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:30 am

Looked at a few more this morning, not many worth talking about, look fairly standard but with improved graphics. Looked at Tera Online which I think Vis found but it was like the earliest bits of video and no info, they still haven't released it but yeah it says in the FAQ's that it will be a retail game with monthly subscription. I like the art work for the game but I don't think its any better looking than Vindictus. Still not something to rule out.

Metal Rage

Looks good, graphics are fine nothing too stunning but perfectly good. The thing about this is that its a Mech game, not an RPG though which is a bit of a shame, its a shooter and it might be just PvP one team vs another.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Vindictus just make a forum for this game now guys, its going to be amazing.

The game is in closed beta right now but I'm thinking it will be in open to everyone before christmas.

I'm so freaking glad I'm getting a PC that can play this at about the time its coming out, (My PC better be able to anyway!)

Seriously guys you'd better play this when its out!

Man putting my PC together if this game has already been released is going to be tough, I'm going to end up rushing it and making all kinds of mistakes. I want to get my PC before this comes out.

From the videos I've seen there seems to be no area this game lacks on like most free MMO's, I'm sure it must though, I know that you only have male and female, I think someone said those are your classes at the moment, I'm not really sure what they meant but I'm sure more classes etc will be added.

They say that the free MMO games haven't broken into the western market yet because people see them as incomplete and substandard games and they made this game to change those peoples minds about free MMO's.

They also say they value players that don't pay to play, which is good for us though I may well pay on this game.

System requirements

Minimum

* CPU: Single Core 2.4 Ghz
    * RAM: 512MB
    * Geforce 5xxx series(256)
    * 5GB of free hard drive space

Recommended

* CPU: Dual Core or Higher
    * RAM: 1GB
    * Geforce 7xxx series(512)
    * 6GB of free hard drive space
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 am

Bit more of an interesting Introduction to the game.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Holy crud you can summon a golem made out of junk on the map, skip to 5:47 to see what I mean.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Got to admit it does look good.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Can I count you in when its released (Or when I get my PC if you'll wait)?

I might be able to play it on the lowest settings with my laptop, but I'm not too hopeful.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Oh and I think this MMO is actually a bit like PSO in that when you do dungeons instead of doing them with everyone, it's just you and your party in a private game. I think they do this because of the cutscenes and the damage that can be done to the map etc. I really like this, I suppose the WoW guys will take a dim view of it, but I freaking hate other players messing up my dungeon raids, stealing all the kills and perhaps killing the boss and making me wait for the damn thing to respawn. For me and I hope you this is a great thing. I think maybe the town is more like a lobby, don't know what happens outside of the towns, I think there is an open world to explore with monsters to kill, I might go and check a video to see.

I really want you guys to play this.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Another video from that MMOhut place.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:11 am

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah! Vindictus comes out on the 13th of October a week today actually, hope my laptop can take it on the low settings or I'm going to drive myself crazy waiting to buy my new computer.

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:48 am

The US version is out today (Not at the time of writing this though), a european version is said to be coming out in December.

I would guess the game won't be released until at least 3pm today. I'll be at work then, I won't be able to start downloading the client until around 9pm.
    Wanda_pso
    Wanda_pso

Post by Wanda_pso Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:45 pm

I don`t hold out much hope of getting on the US servers. Mad
    After reading the forums it looks like the only way would be to use a US proxy/vpn.
    And the free ones would be to slow.
    Still the client installed ok. just waiting for it to come back online.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Damn, I was hoping they would only be a bit laggy. Still downloading the client, hopefully see you on there.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Its up baby!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I'm still downloading the client...

I'm also supposed to go to bed early so I can go out running in the morning, so I don't think I can get on at all tonight...
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 am

Ok forget it there's a region block you can only play if you are in the US or Canada.

Also something which has completely turned me on this game is that it has a token system, which appears to mean the tokens act as a set amount of time you can play (Atleast do quests, don't know if it stops you being online) when you use up all your tokens you can either wait till the day they are refilled or buy more with real money. Not happy with this feature, I won't judge it too much till I actually get a chance to try it but right now its a bit of a kick in the nuts, I was expecting better from this game. But who knows there might be just enough tokens for me not to notice they are limited, I mean with work and doing other things. It will mean we will have to play our meet ups carefully.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:37 am

Systems like this will be appearing more and more in gaming,I`ve read about several upcoming titles that will feature this sort of play restriction.In fact one very big title appearing soon will have an internal script that will only allow the game to run for 1 hour in every 12.This all seems to be a knee jerk reaction to parents who have no control over their kids and allow them to rack up obscene amount of hours on video games instead of ensuring they are doing school work etc.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 am

If people really want that, they should put parental controls into the options and make it so the game can only be used for as long as the parents decide.

According to the adverts Windows 7 has that option, if parents want that option let them get Windows 7 and leave us the f**k alone.
    Longlegz
    Longlegz

Vindictus (And lesser free MMO's) Empty Only U.S and Canada

Post by Longlegz Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi Sorry to hear that U.K players are excluded from mmo Vindictus for now. Sad Sad Sad
    But hopefully it won't be long before we get to play here -the more customers the merrier I would have thought.

Cheers Longlegz.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Oh by the way Vindictus uses the same downloader as LotR's so make sure to find and uninstall it or it will continue to eat your bandwidth. Its called something like Panda, look at Longlegz's LotR topic for details.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm

I thought I'd look this up again to see if there is any news. Apparently the game will be released in the fourth quater of this year. A year after it was supposed to be released, which is pretty pathetic, even more so because they haven't said anything about why it wasn't released they just left us hanging. Anyway there has been an interesting update which hopefully will be in the EU release from day 1, they have added a cool new character class and removed the token system from the game, so you no longer have to ration your play time.

I wouldn't go holding your breath.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:41 am