The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

2 posters

Kinect

Visage
    Visage

Kinect Empty Kinect

Post by Visage Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:12 pm

*steps on soap box

Am I the only one completely underwhelmed by Microsoft’s new Kinect? The videos I’ve seen so far at E3 don’t seam that much of a step up from Sony’s Eye-Cam thing for the PS2, and that was years ago!!

Can’t see it appealing to the core gamer, I don’t believe you can get the same instant response from moving your body than you can from pressing a button.
    How will an fps work without a trigger? and as for car racing by pretending to steer with your hands like a 3 year old!..... Where is the accelerator and brake?
    At least the Wii gets around this by having a controller in the hand.

Kinect is for the casual Wii crowd, I don’t mind the masses getting into gaming so Granny and little Jonny can play a video game together.
    But what worries me is that developers will be wasting resources on this casual market, So games like RDR, Mass Effect & Fable will slowly disappear.

I was thinking that I’ve never had it so good, the quality of games I’ve played this year have surpassed my expectations of an aging gamer who started out on the Atari 2600, But this could be the end of an era, as content and quality become less and less due to resources being pumped to the money making casual market.Evil or Very Mad

*Steps off soap box
    Briisace
    Briisace

Kinect Empty Re: Kinect

Post by Briisace Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:12 pm

I won't be waving my arms and legs about to play a video game.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:28 pm