The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

4 posters

Anime - Movies and TV Series

DS9
    DS9

Anime - Movies and TV Series Empty Anime - Movies and TV Series

Post by DS9 Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:47 am

Post here and tell me you love anime or hate it. Tell me what's your favourites or what you have watched recently. I'll be adding them all to the top post as i go along.

Websites where you can watch anime for free.
    http://www.watchanimeon.com
    http://www.animefuel.com
    http://www.animepile.net

Abenobashi

Ah! My Goddess Series 1-3

Akira (movie 1988) imdb
    'A secret military project endangers Neo-Tokyo when it turns a biker gang member into a rampaging psionic psychopath that only two kids and a group of psionics can stop.'

Appleseed Films imdb(1998) imdb(2004)
    Same Characters/Manga for both films but completely different stories. Also the 1998 version is 2D drawn anime and the 2004 version is 3D CGI. Both are 'kin excellent IMO.
    Appleseed Saga Ex Machina Film imdb(2007)
    Appleseed XIII Series Episodes 1-13 (Subtitles)

Barefoot Gen Movie
    Movie about a young boy called Gen. Set in Hiroshima during WorldWar2 jwhen the bomb was dropped.

Bleach Series (Dubbed/Subtitles) imdb Movie 'Memories of Nobody' (2006) imdb
    BleachPortal(FanSite)
    Brilliant. Been watching this for a while now (137 episodes so far) and i'm really enjoying it. Kurosaki Ichigo has always been able to see spirits and when his sisters are attacked events draw him into a whole hidden world of Deathgods who set free good spirits and battle Hollows (Evil spirits).

Blood+ Series

Blood The Last Vampire Movie imdb(2000)

Blue Dragon

Bubblegum Crash (Baburugamu kurasshu!) 1991 Series E1-3 imdb

Bubblegum Crisis (Baburugamu kuraishisu 2032-2033) 1987 Series E1-8 imdb
    The original version of Bubblegum Crisis.

Bubblegum Crisis 2040 1988 Series E1-26 imdb
    Classic anime and one of my personal favourites. Please note it is a totally different version and not a sequel of the original.

Burn Up Excess! Series

Chobits Series1 E1-24

Chrono Crusade Series1 E1-23

Cowboy Bebop (Series 1-26 Episodes 1998-1999) and (Movie 2001)
    Laidback funky Space BountyHunter. classic anime.

Crystal Blaze (Series 1-12 Episodes)

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Series

Darker Than Black (S1 E1-26 2007) Gemini of the Meteor (S2 E1-12 2009) Gaiden (2010)
    Some characters become mercenaries known as contractors with special ability but they have to make restitution for the power they use, each in a different way.

DearS Series
    A sexy alien girl wants to be slave to a human boy but he's not keen on aliens.

DeathNote Series 1-37 Episodes
    DeathGod drops notebook of death into the human world where a student picks it up. If you write a name in it the person dies, so he starts off by killing some criminals.

Elfen Lied Series
    Nekkidness? - check! Violent and bloody killing? - check! Silly anime cuteness? - check! In all seriousness though this is a most excellent anime, just don't watch it in front of the kids or the easily offended.

Evangelion Series E1-26, End of Evangelion - Film, Film
    About a boy called Shinji who is one of the chosen pilots for Eva (big robot thingy) to defend humanity against Angels (big monsters)
    Great Series let down by the last couple of episodes which are total crud.
    Instead of watchin ep25 and 26 you should leave them and just watch the End Of Evangelion movie which is a much improved alternative ending.

Full Metal Alchemist Series and Movie

Gantz Series
    People die but are duplicated by a weird orb thing called Gantz to hunt aliens living on earth

Ghost In The Shell Film
    Ghost In The Shell 2 Film
    Ghost In The Shell 3 Film
    Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex 1 Series
    Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex 2 Series

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Movie

Gungrave Series

Gunsmith Cats 3 Episodes

Hayate No Gotoku Series

Honey and Clover Series
    I been watching this on Neo's recommendation and it's pretty good. About a group of students growing up, life and falling in love and stuff.

Inukami 26 Episode Series (Subtitles) imdb
    Bit cheeky this one. Doggy godess and her master fight off evil stuff.

Inuyasha

Kampfer Series E1-9 2009
    A boy is chosen to be one of the Kampfer (german for 'Fighter') with the catch being Kampfers are only female so each time his bracelet glows he is transformed into girlfighter!

Karas : The Prophecy (2006) imdb
    Fancy visuals and what not. Tries far too hard to impress. For the first quarter of the film you havn't a clue what's happening. Interesting plot. Devoid of soul and feeling. Just not my cup of tea.

Love Hina
    All about a guy trying to get into Tokyo University due to a promise he made with a little girl years ago who he can't remember.

Madlax Series (Subtitles) imdb
    Madlax a female mercenary and a rich orphan called Margaret try to unravel their... yes you've guessed it, mysterious past lol.

Mushishi

Naruto Series
    A odd boy shunned by village because he has 9 tailed fox demon sealed within him is determined to never give up trying to become their top ninja.
    A lot of LOL plus violence and mild sexiness.

Noir 26 Episode Series imdb
    About 2 uh whats female for hitmen? hitwomen? trying to unravel their mysterious past and destiny.

Pat Labor Series and Movies

Ranma 1/2 Series

RG Veda

Riding Bean Movie
    'kin excellent. Class from beginning to end. Doesn't matter how many times i see this I always enjoy it.

Samurai Champloo Series imdb
    Series about 2 Samurai and a cute chick who embark on a journey.

Serial.Experments.Lain
    Weird anime about a school girl who becomes drawn into the virtual world.

Spirited Away (movie 2001) imdb
    Highly acclaimed Miyazaki film 'In the middle of her family's move to the suburbs, a sullen 10-year-old girl wanders into a world ruled by gods, witches, and monsters; where humans are changed into animals; and a bathhouse for these creatures.'

Tokko Series episodes 1-13
    Lots of swordplay, demons and blood and guts in this one.
    Shindou Ranmaru a new policeman assigned to Tokki: Special Mobile Investigation Force, meets the half-naked girl he has been seeing in his dreams, Rokujo Sakura. She works for a secret group within Tokki, known as Tokko. Shindou ends up joining Tokko to avenge his parents\' death, and solve the mystery mass murder of residents in his hometown Machida.

Tokyo Godfathers Movie (English Subtitles)
    Obscure anime about....tramps lol. Well I quite enjoyed it.

Trigun Series

The Sacred Blacksmith Series 2009 e1-12
    About a girl kinght and a er sacred blacksmith oh and demon swords.

Whisper Of The Heart (movie 1995) imdb
    'A young girl finds that all the books she chooses in the library have been previously checked out by the same boy...' Okay it may be a romance but out of all the films that Miyazaki was involved in i prefer this one.

Witchblade

Wolf's Rain Series

Zoids Chaotic Century Series
    Anime based around '80's toys Zoids which are kinda like robotic dinosaurs.
    A young boy dreams of becoming a great Zoid pilot. One day he discovers a small zoid and mysterious girl and so his adventures begin. Fun to watch and suitable for kids.

Last edited by DS9 on Tue May 14, 2013 7:56 am; edited 13 times in total
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Anime - Movies and TV Series Empty Re: Anime - Movies and TV Series

Post by Neo Chade Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:57 am

Resurecting dead threads ftw.

Started watching Death Note, dubbed but it's pure quality. Loveing every minute. So good I may actually rank it above the mighty Bebop.

That is all, but suddenly got an urge to watch some anime, so on the hunt I go. I could catch up on Naruto and Bleach I guess, but that is ALOT of catching up.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am

Neo Chade wrote:Resurecting dead threads ftw.

Started watching Death Note, dubbed but it's pure quality. Loveing every minute. So good I may actually rank it above the mighty Bebop.

That is all, but suddenly got an urge to watch some anime, so on the hunt I go. I could catch up on Naruto and Bleach I guess, but that is ALOT of catching up.

You speak in tongues! Better than Bebop, that is not possible.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:48 am

Just finished watching death note. Still really really good, but meh the end parts were boring to watch except for the very last episode, which the manga did a little better. Also the second intro sequence has the worst music ever.

Bebop stays on top for being excellent throughout Smile
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:22 am

there is also another version of death note made with real actors
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:43 am

Neo Chade wrote:Bebop stays on top for being excellent throughout Smile

The natural ballance is returned.

Never watched Death Note, the name doesn't grab me and make me interested, something like Cowboy Bebop you have to watch just to know what the name is about, Death Note just sounds like a book that someone writes in and another person dies. I'm sure there's more to it since it appears to be a popular anime and I've been tempted to see it because of that, but like I say the name has never drawn me in.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Fenon wrote:

Never watched Death Note, the name doesn't grab me and make me interested, something like Cowboy Bebop you have to watch just to know what the name is about, Death Note just sounds like a book that someone writes in and another person dies. I'm sure there's more to it since it appears to be a popular anime and I've been tempted to see it because of that, but like I say the name has never drawn me in.

Thats is pretty much exactly what it is, a book that kills people. But it's the overly complicated plot that Light dreams up to change the world with the book that makes up the story, and his descent into what I suppose is madness or just the out and out evil that the notes power brings out in people. And it has L, and L is cool.

Just rewatched Perfect Blue, best anime movie ever imo. Love this film far too much. Fantastic psychlogical thriller type thing
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm currently watching naruto shippuden...i got addicted because I love little emo ninjas (Sasuke forever! <3)

um other things i've watched are shugo chara, dragonball & dragonball z (can they really be called anime) fruits basket and ranma 1/2 (although the manga is better)

I have to say I'm really into naruto atm, it'll probably change though.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:20 pm

The problem with Naruto, Bleach and Dragonballz is that at some point they let the main character get way too powerful and all the more interesting side characters get dumbed and forgotten about, Tien, Rock Lee, Neji, nearly everyone in Bleach. When they've done that the story becomes linear and completely focused on that character.

I'm reading the Manga's now for Bleach and Naruto, I'm not that interested in them at the moment, Naruto is a bit boring at the moment though it should pick up soon and Bleach is ok but nothing is really happening.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

well so far it isn't linear in naruto, perhaps that'll change...I just want Sasuke back </3 and DBZ was always linear. Vegeta forever <3 (I'm sad I know)
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Vegeta is awesome, he should always have been the most powerful character Goku always gained massive boosts for doing nearly nothing. Vegeta trained his ass off, it doesn't really send a good message, hard work doesn't pay off, be a silly Monkey.

How far are you in Naruto?

Think I might rewatch Cowboy Bebop soon, been thinking about it the last few day and can't really remember much about it.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 am

Oh the thing also with the Naruto manga at the moment is that it should be really cool, I won't give out any spoilers but yeah and it's just not, it's really just like a filler when it shouldn't be, it should be all out OH MY GOD, but it's more like blah blah blah.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:49 pm

aaargh, i ususally skip those episodes. I think i'm on around about episode 109 of shippuden or something.

My favourite episode of DBZ was when vegeta was wearing the pink "bad man" tshirt, just awesome ^^
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah that bit was one of my favourites as well, the good thing with Vegeta never being able to catch up to Goku is the way he handles it, his frustration at being weaker has created some of the best moments in the series, the Buu saga is one of his best.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:15 pm

tsk tsk you young whippersnappers always in a rush!
    of course it's all about the main arc with animes but sometimes fillers can be good too.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 am

I mean fillers are good once in a while but Naruto does have tonnes of it. its all filler no story sometimes, in fact naruto from around episode 100 to the end of it is almost complete filler (thats around 120 episodes of filler before it moves on to shippuden)

Don't get me wrong I like the character development bits but yeah sometimes it goes just too far.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:52 am

If it's entertaining it's fine, but most of the time filler is really boring. Oh Bleach was a git for filler, in the middle of the main story it just throughs filler in, I had no idea what was going on everything just changed I was like "What the hell?!?! Did I miss a few episodes?" I think it was when the vampire thing started. I love the silly fillers episodes that pop up.

I have to say that I really hate the "Lets all help each other, sharing is fun, team work yeah!" crap thats filling anime, and their over the top love for food, not the Saiyan we're going to eat everything! love for food, the everytime looks so yummy, love for food. It's too much they need to cut that s**t out. I have only read Naruto and Bleach manga for quite a while now and not watched any anime for a long time but there was something else which was getting on my nerves.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm on episode 9 I think of Cowboy Bebop now, it's quite nice to watch it again it's been so long that I really don't remember much so I get a hint of oh I remember this but I don't know what happens in the episode so it's enjoyable to watch. Or I may kind of know what happens but am not completely sure.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Just finished the last episode of Cowboy Bebop, very sad last few episodes. Going to watch the movie sometime but not now.
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 am

season 6 of Naruto is amazing - all killer no filler sorta stuff! I can't wait to finish the rest of it. very Sasuke heavy <3
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:19 am

*Fenon's thoughts*

Should I tell her that Sasuke dies in what must be the next series? He's been dead for a while now in the Manga.
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 pm

dude you should use a spoiler thing for that sorta thing. howdu do a spolier thing that u do anyway?

maybe i'll giv naruto another go. at the moment i'm watchin the blood+ series
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm

affraid NOOOOOOOOOOOO! He CAN'T die! I'll cry </3
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 am

Finally the boring stuff in the Naruto manga is coming to an end!
    Sherbet
    Sherbet

Post by Sherbet Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 pm

pfft...Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 pm