The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Visage
Briisace
Fenon
7 posters

HD TV's

Visage
    Visage

HD TV's - Page 2 Empty Re: HD TV's

Post by Visage Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Blimey that saving is almost what my new telly cost me pale
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:58 pm

I'd rather have paid less, and I would have if 3D wasn't there. I think this was the cheapest 3D TV and it has had good customer reviews. If 3D does take off like I believe it will I don't want to buy a good HD TV and then a few months/years later be pissed that its not 3D, because I'm not going to buy a new TV for a long time. I got a 40" TV because as far as I know there aren't any smaller ones with 3D and also because I don't like the sound of 37" or the sound of even smaller sizes (It maybe an odd reason but things like that bother me).

Its the last expensive thing I'm paying for this year.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 am

Got a bit of buyers remorse from buying the TV but enjoying it anyway. Finally got an HDMI wire today so I was able to actually see my games in HD and actually wow! Its good, spent today trying out all my games Red Dead looks great in HD, Red Faction however doesn't, I liked how it looked before and didn't know why people complained about it but in HD it doesn't look good, the gun when you aim has no texture, its just a smudge.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Been trying out the 2D to 3D mode on the TV and till now I've not been too sure if it worked, because its quite subtle I'm not quite sure if depth is being created or I'm tricking myself into seeing something that isn't there. But today I thought I'd give it a go on Red Dead, with its grand vista's. I was looking from the cliff into Mexico and I definately saw depth, it really looked like the objects were further away. Then I had the brain storm of looking over the edge of the cliff, and I actually got a little bit of vertigo, I've not had that playing on the game before, and I've looked over the edge hundreds of times. I then took a run and jump and my heart started beating as the ground came racing towards me. It wasn't as bad as if I was actually looking over the edge of a real cliff, for a few reasons namely I'm in no danger, it might have had more affect if it was in first person I'll find a cliff in CoD4 and test it out. I don't know if the 2D to 3D converters that you attach to the TV work the same as this one built into a TV that is set up to show 3D images but it might be worth looking into.

I would say though that 3D does put a bit of strain on the eyes, not so much the 2D to 3D, things like Wipeout HD, which has been turned into a kind of 3D tech demo do put strain on my eyes, also I wonder how well games made with stereoscopic 3D are going to take off, it may actually be harder to play them in that mode, too confusing. Don't regret getting it though, its a nice option to have.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 am

Ok well I got interested in 3D again for my PC I left it on by mistake the other day and a game started in the TV's 3D mode, wasn't actually in 3D though. I looked up my TV's model and if it works with Nvidia's 3D vision and it is on the list. It says it works with the latest Nvidia driver so I'm going to try to download and install that again. It did say in the notes that there were some changes to 3D vision. I will be very not happy if it wants me to buy the 3D vision kit because I really don't need it, all I need is for them to unlock the 3D controls,
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 am

OK, finally managed to install the new driver, however no it doesn't let me play games in 3D. HOWEVER it does give a link to a piece of software that can be downloaded to play games in 3D on a 3DTV, HOWEVER you need to pay £25 to get the software. £25 is better than the £118 it costs to get the 3D Vision kit, and I said to myself when I looked up the kit again that if it was £25 - £30 I might buy it.

There is a 15 day demo which I've downloaded so I'm going to give that a go, and then decide if I want to buy it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:10 am