The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+3
Briisace
Visage
Fenon
7 posters

Red Dead Redemption

DS9
    DS9

Red Dead Redemption - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post by DS9 Tue May 18, 2010 7:36 pm

yeah i love those ol spaghetti westerns
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 18, 2010 9:17 pm

I've not really watched many westerns since I was a kid, so its nice to get back into them again. Westerns seem to be popular at the moment.

I ordered the game from GAME as well did you do the free delivery or did you pay?

Really don't mind that you can't sleep with whores in this game, it was fine in the GTA games but really I only did it once or twice to see what it was like or because one was near by and well what the hell (I shot them afterwards and got my money back, I think that makes it moral). But then I've no more interest in doing that so while I wouldn't mind if they did put it in I don't care that its not. Think I'll still kill some whores though.

Being able to go into all buildings will be nice, I hope there are so nice rocky hills to have a shoot out from like the old westerns.

Tommorrow will be a long day, my game is still pending better be sent tomorrow or I'll get a pistol and even if its just a replica I'll pistol whip the buggers.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 19, 2010 12:23 am

Hmm a guy on Gamefaqs was complaining about the golden guns dlc, (I think you need to do a quest to get them) he got the guns but they aren't extra guns, the DLC turns your guns gold and you don't seem to be able to turn it off. Just a warning, they say its hard to be an outlaw with the gold guns. I thought it was an actual extra set of guns not a recolour.

Here's the topic. Maybe a good idea to research this one before installing it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957923-red-dead-redemption/54826075
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 am

YEAH my game has been sent now so it'll arrive tomorrow unless say the postmen go on strike. So now I just have to survive today some how.

I think even though I have my answers now I'll still go onto multiplayer first, just to look at what you do get, but I'll not stay on it long, I don't really want to get to places before I see them in single player, so once I've seen what you start with in multi I'll go back to single player, do the first mission or so and explore a bit. I think I'll print off a map so that I can mark down areas of interest so I can revisit them. Maybe then get a little further into the game and start hunting etc. Ofcourse when ever someone makes plans for what they will do when they get a game, they always change. I'm glad that my friend isn't getting the game at the same time as me, it'll give me time to do the single player.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 am

By this time tomorrow morning, I'll be obsessively looking out the window for the post person (I always had a post woman when I was younger so its more natural to say that for me, its only recently I've had post men as well, I suppose I should say post person) no doubt they will get here late. It can get here any time between 8am and 2pm so thats a lot of obsessing.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 20, 2010 6:00 am

Uggggh rough night, woke up once because I had acid intergestion and felt ill (Waking up in the middle of the night ill), I was having some kind of dream about GTA 4, yes GTA 4 not Red Dead. Thought, "Maybe its 6am, maybe I might as well get up" but when I looked at the clock it was only 2am, less than 2 hours after I went to sleep! I did get back to sleep after that, but woke up again at 5:30am I tried to sleep again but after waiting for 10 minutes that felt like 60 I decided to just get up. Now I have about a 6 hour wait instead of 3 hours... Bet it doesn't even arrive now...
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 20, 2010 9:43 am

My waiting is over, rollem up barman 3 shots of your finest! pirat
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 20, 2010 9:44 am

Did it arrive today or yesterday?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 20, 2010 10:43 am

*eyes the 3 empty shots of whisky

Seeing as your asking it was today

*falls of stool
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm

*Loots Poppy*

*5 Dollars*

I reckon I got mine today also.

I reckon its better than I dare even hope.

*Leaves the Sallon, shoots a guy off his horse and watches him being dragged away as the horse runs.*
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 20, 2010 4:08 pm

*Sobers up, I was sure I had cash on me when I came in, Barman wants paying so I’m forced to do odd jobs, find hacksaw cut door into quarters, throw two bits away hang other two half way up ether side of the door frame, stands back admires work……

Welcome to The Ragol Arms Saloon!

Last edited by Visage on Thu May 20, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Thu May 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Fenon wrote:
    I reckon its better than I dare even hope.

We`ll see next week when you`ve played it so much you`re sick of it. Razz
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Darkstone wrote:Oh and it`s Saloon tongue

I blame that thieving git before me! Evil or Very Mad Embarassed
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 20, 2010 4:39 pm

You always was one for fancy words. I Saloons y'all!

*Shoots them both and rides off*
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Thu May 20, 2010 6:07 pm

won't be getting mine til tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu May 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Briisace wrote:won't be getting mine til tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad

Bad luck mate, but it's only a day. Crying or Very sad
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 21, 2010 3:22 am

I don't know about you Poppy, but I've mostly been choosing to walk around the game slowly, there's so much atmosphere in the game it seems a shame to want to run around and ruin it, I ride fast because it would take a long time otherwise, but in towns and when I only have a short way to go I walk. Love that there are puddles in the game, gives it that calm dampness after a storm.

I really like that when you serious injure but not kill someone they crawl on the ground talking and then bleed to death, its like in the movies when someones slowly dying on a belly shot, been trying to get that shot down so I can see it whenever I want. Talking about gore I like that the blood marks grow a bit after the shot to show the blood spreading out and the damp area around the blood patch.

I've turned the aiming to expert so I get no assistance with aiming. The second level of dead eye is annoying me, I liked just slowing time down and taking my shots, the targeting is annoying and wasteful. Thinking of using a cheat to turn it off, but then I won't be able to save my game.

Been up for nearly 22 hours so I think its way gone time to sleep.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 21, 2010 10:17 am

The most immersive game environment I’ve been in EVER! This is why I play games just occasionally something comes along that pushes what I thought was possible and becomes the new benchmark, doesn’t happen very often but this is ticking all the boxes and actually appears to be living up to the hype.

I’ve only done about 3 hours, I ended up going back to an early save because I had built up such a high bounty there was no point trying to pay it off and I couldn’t find a pardon note. But before I went back I created as much havoc as possible.pirat

Was impressed that shooting oil lamps cased a fire but alas no building burned down, and electric lights go out with a spark. And the day/night cycle is the best I’ve seen, the animation and variety of wild life is staggering the place truly feels alive, I was looking for a rattle snake that spooked my horse I was wearing head phones and located it by sound, only for someone to appear over the hill hay mister I’m stranded out here can I have a ride back to town then the git steels my horse and rides off laughing, I shot him in the back.Twisted Evil

Was not impressed that my horse has built proof legs when other animals buckle and collapse with one leg shot, and that I still manager to increased my bounty when I shot a marshal in the middle of no wear with no witnesses, I was also expecting to chat up the whores but so far all I get are comments when I pass like Hello handsome is there something of yours you would like to put into something of mine?” Honest that was one of the lines.Laughing

Cant wait to get back to it.
    Very Happy
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah I thought the whores would be dressed a bit more whorish, I've not heard or rather remembered anything they've said. Love the Marshal really good character, and that fat deputy who looks like Lenny from Of Mice and Men, you know the kind thats strong but has the mind of a child, but he seems quite smart and is certainly a smart ass. Like the Walton Gang, I was just about to go to sleep in game when they attacked the town, I had to go out and shoot them from the balcony, trying to get their outfit at the moment, do you have that on the 360? I've heard its only on the PS3 but people have said they've seen people with it on 360. My highest bounty was $1700 I didn't save that though I just went crazy and went back to an old save.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Aye the PS3 has got some extra content but I've not bothered to find out what it is, I am working my way to a gang outfit though but can't remember the name.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 21, 2010 3:03 pm

The Twins one? I'm about to get that one, just won the horse shoe game and I'm out on a bounty hunt for one of them now then I'll have it. Got the gentalmans suit from rockstar social?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 21, 2010 4:07 pm

rockstar social, I've not even looked at that yet what do i have to do?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Just sign up, then click on the e-mailed link to finish. Then got to social and put in your gamertag, or you can just go to the game and click rockstar social and sign in and thats it you get the gentalmans attire. Its quite nice looking and has some perk, something to do with Blackwater.

I got that twins thing now, and I'm trying to get the treasure hunters, but got to find a bloody stranger (I like the strangers all of them are interesting) I've got tracking on but it shows a large area, and after I leave the map the tracking goes, I have to turn it off and on again to see if I'm in the right area or not. How are you doing with the Assassins clothes? I've only done two things on there, and I need to learn how to duel. and capture a certain member of the Walton Gang (The leader I'm guessing) which I think must be story related. Maybe I should look at the bounty names to make sure. Trying to get the Buffalo rifle as well but I need to kill 5 wolves with a knife. Not sure where to find wolves, I thought I found some earlier but I think they must have been coyotes

I was playing GTA 4 a lot before the game was out and when I was going through an under pass I heard the sound of the engine change when in the tunnel, and I thought "Hey wouldn't it be cool in guns had echo's, but na that won't happen" it bloody did, I went into free roam mexico and fired my gun over a cliff, and I heard the echo of my guns fire.
    Briisace
    Briisace

Post by Briisace Sat May 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Special edition my arse. Why can't I use my war horse in multiplayer? Frickin donkey.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat May 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Points and laughs a Bri Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Donkeys are hilarious me and Bagger spent a couple of hours in freeroam, his donky fell off a high rail bridge into the river below only for mine to get eaten by a cougar while I was laughing then it promptly ate me!!
    Freeroam was silky smooth, things I found out:

You can clime ladders but the AI will chase you up them

You can jump from a balcony onto your horse

Some building are still open in freeroam Bars and barns etc, makes fire fights more interesting

You can have a private session to yourself for sneaky levelling up

Taking out gang hideouts is a good laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am