The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

DOOMZ

Fenon
    Fenon

DOOMZ Empty DOOMZ

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:06 am

I just setup Ultimate DOOM with ZDOOM, I love it! I've got the screen at 1920 by 1080 the textures look better everything is on screen, the text is a little small when I pick stuff up but you don't really need to read that. You are given so many options with Zdoom that I think there must be a way to fix that as well, but I don't care so I'm not going to look.

The levels are really short, but I actually like that I sometimes don't want to start levels on CoD etc because I don't want to spend all day going through them. On this I can just blitz through in 5 minutes, if I don't look for the secrets etc, and I can feel like a bad ass doing it.

This really scretched the nasty itch left by the rash of Duke Nukem Forever, I'm glad I got the extra levels in the bundle. Without Zdoom though this would have been crap, the controls were awful and bits of the HUD were off the edge of the screen.
    Fenon
    Fenon

DOOMZ Empty Re: DOOMZ

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:44 pm

I can also launch any of the DOOM I and II games from the DOOM I launcher with ZDOOM, so I don't need the others on my games list.

I'm installing DOOM3 right now to see if it works.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Ok DOOM3 does work, the res was a problem as I couldn't get into the options, they were off the screen but after a little googling and messing up (Should have read all of the instructions) I have the game running at 1920 by 1080.

If you need it here's the link (I might need to do this again sometime too):
    http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Doom_3

The game runs fine, and looks ok, I skipped all the cutscene's because I just wanted to try the shooting. It took a fairly long time to get to the fire gun, had a bit of a funny moment when the door opened to the mission I was told to go on I saw a guy and then shot him and just after that the radio came on and told me that there were civilian's so not to be gun happy. It's very dark and it's not really DOOM but it's still better than Duke Nukem Forever.

The mouse control is a bit meh but other than that it's not too bad.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Just finished the first set of levels on the first DOOM (On the middle difficulty) took just over an hour to do but I think if you do it to the par times you can do it in say 30 mins. Had a lot more fun with this than I have with a shooter in a long time, decided to start the next set of levels (Something to do with hell) on the hardest difficulties and got my butt kicked quite fast. I managed to get through the first level but had next to no ammo and low health, I kicked more enemies with my fists than I expected but died just after I got loads of ammo...

I love the fact that you carry over your weapons and health etc to the next level, I always find it odd in modern shooters that I start the next level which is a continuation of the last one with either a completely different gun or full ammo.

DOOM is a breath of fresh air.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:08 pm