The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

Border Lands

Fenon
    Fenon

Border Lands Empty Border Lands

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Thought I'd make a topic for this rather than filling up the Steam Offers topic. I remember reading stuff about this game on one of the forums.

This game was not designed for PC the options menu is a pain to use with a keyboard and mouse. I needed to turn down the sensitivity because it was making me feel sick, there's no vsync option either at least none that I saw and the screen was tearing a bit, not much though, nothing unplayable.

I knew about this before I got the game but it doesn't really feel like an FPS, more like an RPPS (Role Play Person Shooter). Doesn't really feel like a real gun, more like a cap gun. I think thats the reason why I didn't try and get a friend of mine on the PS3 to buy this game, he loves guns and shooters and I just thought this would annoy him.

I do like the game, I'm not playing it right now because it was making me feel sick. I'm not far into the game I've only just been freed from that damn annoying robot.

"Hey I'm over here"

"Hey I'm over here"

"Hey I'm over here"

"Hey I'm over here"

"Hey I'm over here"

I know about the guns being randomly generated but were the maps random as well?
    Briisace
    Briisace

Border Lands Empty Re: Border Lands

Post by Briisace Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:12 pm

It's a great game. It's a bit on the hard side though. Siren class seems to be the way to go for single player. Ads seemed to be able to solo stuff I had trouble with as a Soldier
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 pm

I noticed the hardness when I got to the first kind of boss, the 9 Toes chap. I was playing as the Sniper, I was over confident because upto that point it was really easy to kill stuff. I'm quite bad with both sniper rifles and grenades, I'm guessing I need to nade him because my guns aren't doing much past dropping his shield, and those dog things are slaughtering me.

Might try playing as Brick or the Soldier, I think they might be more my style.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Ah then you must be a Hunter, good choice, Me Bri & Ad (bagger) whent all the way to lv cap and theirs still stuff we haven't done.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm not regretting getting the game but I am regretting getting on PC, I think I should have got it on console and tried to convince me friend to get it, thats mostly what I'm thinking when I play this game. I'm tempted to get this on console, but that would be a waste of money.

Can you use other weapons as a Hunter, all I have are Sniper Rifles and Pistols, I'd like something else. Or are the weapons class locked? I don't think they are because of the thing which shows all the weapons and how proficient you are with them, it's just that I haven't found anything else or any other kinds of ammo.

I tried the Soldier, he's ok but I think I'll stick with the Hunter and try to level up a bit before going back to face the man with Nine Toes.

Game still makes me feel sick.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm

You can use any guns that are within your level range it's just that some classes are more proficient than others.
    I was a hunter mostly but I used shotgun in stead of pistols and geared my talents towards faster loading and better accuracy.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 pm

I finally found a shotgun haven't used it on enemies yet, I tried to beat mr toes at level 5, I'm level 7 now when I'm level 9 I'll try again, I also want to save up for a better shield. Might just use the shotgun and pistol when I fight him again, it's a bit of a small area for the sniper rifle. I've found jumping to be a massive help at least against those dog things.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Hmm what does it mean when you get a flashing yellow thing on the damage saying something like x16?

Loving the shotgun now, feel very bad ass. I either blast those dog things in the face as they jump at me or sidestep them and blow them away as they are in mid-air. Also found an SMG with incendiary bullets and a cool but pointless and hasslesome scope, don't need to zoom in with an SMG, I'd rather aim down the iron sights. Level 9 now, OH and I've also got these kick ass grenades that teleport and explode, which are perfect for me.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:38 am

I've been playing this for the last few days, I'm level 24 and I'm not finding it too hard. The odd boss causes me a bit of trouble, I might die if there are no weak enemies to get a second wind off of. Is there a harder setting? I've not seen anything about difficulty, I know enemies are tougher online.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:41 am

Boarderlands have helped a fan of the game propose to his girlfriend.

http://uk.kotaku.com/5795066/claptrap-has-a-proposal-for-you-tora
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:33 pm

AH HA! I now have people to play Boarderlands with, I popped onto Byond and a couple of guys I know on there were talking about playing it, turned out they had it on PC as well. They are young which sucks but they are alright.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 pm