The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

EA Will Not Get Fen`s Money

Fenon

EA Will Not Get Fen`s Money

Post by Fenon on Wed May 12, 2010 11:00 am

I've seen a few things about them charging to play used games online. I don't think I have many EA games anyway but I'm boycotting them. If I'm waiting to buy a game second hand it means that I don't think its worth paying the full amount any way, so charging me extra to buy it used just means I won't buy it at all. I've been annoyed at EA for a while, this is just the last straw.

Fenon's boycott list:

Nestle
    Cadbury
    EA

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/ea-to-charge-gamers-10-for-playing-used-games-online-20100511/

If they want to make money out of used games they should buy back the games and resell them, like the game shops.
    Visage

Re: EA Will Not Get Fen`s Money

Post by Visage on Wed May 12, 2010 4:58 pm

It seams to be the trend these days to sell games with a code that comes free with a new purchase but requires payment to download if you buy used, Most of the time its only extra items/characters and some times additional missions/quests that add to the story but none are game braking if you choose play without.

But having a code to implement online play that’s only available when buying new is a big step to far, but it's a really clever one from a business point of view. This way they get paid twice or thrice or more times for the shame bit of software, I’m only surprised it wasn’t thought of earlier and you can expect more companies to follow.Neutral

There could be dark times ahead for us gamers.No

Armok

Post by Armok on Wed May 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Hope this works out for them as well as it did for Spore.
    Sales are a massive flop on our flagship pc game title. Prob the development and not the 3 installs bullshit that caused myself and a load of others not to bother.

I bought Mass Effect 2 (an EA published title) which had an online code you used to get a new character and some free missions. Tbh in this situation EA prob cost themselves the full value of the game because I was offput paying full price due to knowing I was devaluing my product if I registered it (even though I dont resell it was the principle), at 25quid I had no objection as I felt I'd already made that value up in holding out.

On a side note if your Xbox isnt connected to the internet or your not arsed about online play.
    You could easily get 7 to 8 quid off retail price by selling the Code you got with your new game on Ebay. FREE MONEY THANKS EA! Very Happy
    Fenon

Post by Fenon on Wed May 12, 2010 9:11 pm

EA have been trying to mess with used sales before with Battlefield (I don't know the date, its the one in the future), which if you bought it second hand you couldn't play it. Shops refused to buy it from gamers because they couldn't resell it and as far as I know the game was a flop (Shame because it looked quite cool, but ha screw you EA).

I don't mind the pre-order exclusives, usually they aren't that great, or you can get them with cheat codes (Thats usually the case with PS3 games, Operation Flashpoint had its pre-order codes on Gamefaqs which is good because the one I was sent didn't work, also got the wrong code from another game I pre-ordered, that was ok because I didn't want the one I was going to get I wanted the one I got) or like with Empire Total War you could get them with other DLC a while after release. Its actually quite nice if you think about it that they reward you for playing the full price for the game and getting it on release day.

EA's other evil plots against us gamers have failed to be taken on by other good companies (The evil of Steam has tainted their once pure hearts though, another thing that messes up buying used games).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:19 pm