The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

4 posters

New HD Monitor

Darkstone
    Darkstone

New HD Monitor Empty New HD Monitor

Post by Darkstone Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Just bought myself one of THESE

Fantastic picture quality and games look amazing, the stand however is appalling, I'm now looking at a VESA mounting system for it.
    Visage
    Visage

New HD Monitor Empty Re: New HD Monitor

Post by Visage Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Well that’s one way to make me log in, it was the only way to see the link.Razz 
    This is mine
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0028KGKJA/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    had it a couple of years now with no complaints, Some of the guys at work  use them as duel monitors too.  Nice price on yours btw. what did you have before?
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:24 pm

My old monitor was an LG W1942T , 19" 1440x900, a superb little monitor but the inverter went. I was going to stick with LG but the Iiyama came up at a good price. The response time is only 5ms but to be honest the difference between that and 2ms is negligible. All in all, you cant complain at a 24" 1920x1080 monitor for £133 - apart from the stand that is Smile

Oh, and it's HUGE Smile
    DS9
    DS9

Post by DS9 Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 am

since that time eons ago when the wife broke my first monitor by accidently knocking it off, i had been using my brothers old monitor which served me well until recently when it too achieved goosed status. i'm currently using my wee alba hd telly for both my 360 and pc. it's a tidy setup however i really must get something with a larger screen tho as i'm struggling to read anything on it . need to wait just now tho as the kids are off on hols trying to use all my money up as fast as possible.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:02 pm

I have an LG Flatron e2351vr-bn.

http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/lg-flatron-e2351-p11664/test.html

It's pretty good, not as nice as the monitor I bought for my Nephew last year, can't remember what that was but it was soooo shiny and the picture was sweet! The only thing that sucks about my monitor (Other than me getting glue on the screen) is the stand, it's total crap really, the whole thing wobbles if you touch it, it can't be posed and it points slightly downwards! Should be fixing the stand problem soon though ordered one of these the other day:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MDM04-Single-Monitor-Stand-Swivel/dp/B0036YMAXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374177482&sr=8-1&keywords=monitor+arm

A pretty ugly thing but at least it should be flexible.

Got a new computer desk coming (Maybe tomorrow) as well, getting rid of the super heavy pine one I'm currently using.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Yeah, it would match my set up better too, still too late now. I did actually look at that one, no idea why I picked the one I did.

Oops forgot I accidentally deleted my last message, my desk and monitor arm turned up today, I've spent all morning putting it all together. The arm actually needs some hammer adjustments it leans slightly to the left and the nut is too tight to turn, some of the other nuts in the arm are also too tight so I'm going to loosen them with hammers too.

This is the desk I got:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003DK6CN8/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1

My PC tower doesn't fit under it, but that's fine I don't really want it near me if I can help it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 pm