The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

3 posters

kindle and books

DS9
    DS9

kindle and books Empty kindle and books

Post by DS9 Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:03 am

anyone got one of those elecronic reading slab thingys?

i don't but i keep seeing it advertised.

i don't get it. i like reading real books why would i want to read one on a screen. my eyes are going wonky at the thought of it.
    and electronic thingys need charging surely? price of electricity goes up athe time so do you really want another device needs chargied.

i suppose the benfit is space saving but i could see it having the i've been conned into buying virtual stuff instead of physical ala mp3 rather than vinyl or cd.

i think i stare at enough screens what with the telly and monitor.
    Visage
    Visage

kindle and books Empty Re: kindle and books

Post by Visage Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 am

My dad has one so he can take a few books away on holiday, and my mum who’s anti teck everything (she still doesn’t trust microwaves or tv!!) was so impressed she now has one, I think being able to enlarge the text was a selling point.

I was sceptical like you but having seen one I’m impressed, the screen is exhalent and doesn’t have that glare that you’d expect, it’s very essay on the eye even in sunlight as the ads say study ,Turning pages is a piece of cake it even has a flip page animation and never looses your place.
    Personally I still prefer the feel of a book and books have the advantage of being able to be passed around.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 pm

They are awesome, and the screen is super easy to read. No eye strain or anything.

I already miss having game retail boxes all over the place though, I will never let them take my books away!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm