The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

+2
Neo Chade
Fenon
6 posters

Warhammer 40k

Fenon
    Fenon

Warhammer 40k - Page 4 Empty Re: Warhammer 40k

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 am

Ok here's the rework hopefully legal version (Hate working with so few points at this time).

HQ:

Canis Wolfborn - 185pts

Elites:

Sniper Scouts (90pts):

Scouts x5
    Sniper Rifles x5

Troops:

Grey Hunters Squad 1 (135pts):

Grey Hunters x5
    Plasma gun
    Power Fist
    Mark of the Wulfen
    Wolf Standard

Grey Hunters Squad 2 (135pts):
    Grey Hunters x5
    Plasma gun
    Power Fist
    Mark of the Wulfen
    Wolf Standard

Heavy Support:

Long Fangs (190pts):

Long Fangs x5
    Lascannon x2
    Plasma Cannon x2
    Missile Launcher
    Sergeant

Fast Attack:

Thunderwolves Cavalry (265pts):

Thunderwolves Cavalry x3
    Storm Shields x3
    Wolf Claw
    Mark of the Wulfen

Total = 1,000pts

I may get Fenrisian Wolves at some point because I believe when you have Canis in your army they count as troops. With Logan Grimnar Wolf Guard count as troops. I wondered what the point of that rule was, now I see. Anyway Fenrisian Wolves are very cheap troops so at this points limit they could be very good.

Last edited by Fenon on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Bought the weapons for my Long Fangs and Canis today. Just put a Long Fang together (Took age's there are so many bits to clean before glueing) he's looking pretty sweet, doing the Lascannon guys first they will be the mainstay of my Long Fangs so I want all the options I can get to make them look the best I can. Not really happy with Canis, the details on him like his face and armour are pretty crap, I'm hoping that when he's painted it doesn't look as bad, also there's an arch on his back pack with bones on it and parts of the arch are broken. I should be able to fix it with green stuff but I shouldn't need to. I'm not converted to liking resin I'm afraid.

I also bought some liquid green stuff so I should be able to start painting some of my models soon.
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:09 pm

GW are pretty awesome for returns. If it's noticable, they *should* replace it. Assuming it's not assembled.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm going to give putting him together a go, I have a feeling all of them will look like his model... Plus I've been to the city far too many times recently.

Oh crap I nearly gave myself a serious injury! I have an earphone in my ear, I pulled the wire by mistake I think or I was trying to move it not sure. Anyway the wire was pulled and it dragged the scalpel off the table and it hit me in the testical! I'm not sure which end hit me, the blade was facing towards my nuts when I looked down. I'm not wearing thick trousers the blade could easily go through them so I was extremely lucky!
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 am

If a plasma cannon on a tank overheats what happens?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 am

Vehicles (including walkers) are immune to 'gets hot'.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:13 am

Ah ok thanks.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Putting my thunderwolves cav together finally. They look amazing, I've not finished the first one yet, I'm taking a lot of time making sure everything is as good as it can be.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 02, 2012 11:25 am

I'm thinking about how I want to paint my Space Wolves, I'm going to be using the standard of the great company of Grimnar, mostly because everyone and their monthers uses Ragnar, I love Ragnar but as I said I want something different. I also want to use more of each squads colours on the model, for example the Grey Hunters colours are red and black so I want to do things like painting the entire arm red and accenting it with black or the normal Space Wolves armour colour etc. Just to make them look a little more grand, I also want to try and wash out some of the Space Wolf grey so the Grey Hunters are a little lighter than the normal Space Wolves. I'll have to experiment with that, it might suck. I want them to look more proud of their place in the army and it'll also make it clearer who's who. I think the Wolf Guard will use gold more than yellow on their armour.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Bought a crap load of paints today, 16 infact, well I bought Ardstuff and Lahmian medium so 14 paints really. I also bought Logan Grimnar, Wolf Guard Terminators and Fenrisian wolves.

I'm very happy with Grimnar, since I could see the model I could pick one that didn't have criminally bad defects.

I was going to buy the painting station but I just realised I could just buy a cheap tray and keep my paints on that, I only wanted it so I could move all my painting stuff quickly and easily when I'm done.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Ordered my Logan Grimnar transfer sheets bought 3 which will give me 120 of the white wolf shoulder icons, which are all I wanted. Hoping thats enough, I know I have nearly 40 models at the moment and I'll be getting another 30 models at least (10 wolf guard in power armour, 10 more grey hunters, 10 blood claws) + more terminators 2 more boxes I'd imagine 5 close combat terminators and 5 the other 5 will be odds and ends like one that uses the heavy flamer and another with the cyclone missile launcher, and at least 1 Lone Wolf who I'm really looking forward to customizing. I doubt I'll come close to using all of them but they are limited edition and also I'm certain I'll end up damaging some of them.

I've started painting my grey hunters as well, I'm mixing a little dawnstone in with the paints for them to take the edge off of the colour so they look more grey. So far they look good, it's only a very slight colour difference but should make them different from the rest of the army while still looking like they belong to it.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue May 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Will we get photos when you're done?
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Sure why not, unless it turns out I'm completely shit at painting. I had a lot of trouble painting a test face over the weekend and I have a lot of faces to paint.

I've not had an e-mail from GW about the order I made yet, I was half asleep and in a rush when I made the order and didn't make a note of the order number... I'm hoping GW are just being a little slow with sending the receipt and it's not something screwed up like they take the money but don't send the transfers. When I was at school they screwed up some orders of my friends, that was 12+ years ago though. I'm going to keep an eye on my account to see what happens, I think I did finish making the transaction, I'm sure I saw a receipt page... I hate buying stuff off the net.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 09, 2012 12:24 am

Hmm just went to the cash point and it does look as though they have taken the money.

Edit: The e-mail confirming the order just came in.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Been painting my first Grey Hunter and I've already ruined him... I applied the paint too thickly to the face, I knew I shouldn't do that but I wasn't thinking, the rest of the model went well so I didn't think I'd need to worry. At a later date I'll remove the head and paint a new one but for now I'm going to keep it on to remind myself to be more careful and take my time. It wasn't even a face it was a helmet, something that I shouldn't have messed up.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 am

Transfers arrived, sweet!

Now I have to practise putting them on, my last attempt to put a transfer one when very badly...
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Still painting that first model, just trying to clean up certain bit's and paint little things that I've almost forgotten about then I'll be highlighting again (Some bits don't show up well enough) and putting on bits of battle damage scratches and the like, then hopefully it will just be the wash and gloss to go on.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Arrgh! Decals how the hell are you supposed to get those damn things on properly!
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Tue May 22, 2012 12:44 am

My model is mostly finished now, needs a few finishing touches like the bleeding decals (In need of any tips anyone has) and I have to paint the base etc, I think I'll do that towards the end, I'll do them all together, not even sure what I'll do with them yet.

I'll take a photo tomorrow.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 23, 2012 12:19 am

Here's my first Grey Hunter, erk it looks pretty nasty at this size, you can see all the flaws as clear as day!

Warhammer 40k - Page 4 Greyhu10

Edit: Ugggh I'm beginning to really regret not shrinking it down...
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed May 23, 2012 9:21 am

Ok here's a less cruelly zoomed version, closer to what you'd see looking at the real thing. I'll leave the other version up as well.

Warhammer 40k - Page 4 Greyhu10
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu May 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Warhammer 40k - Page 4 Tumbleweed

... That bad huh?
    Neo Chade
    Neo Chade

Post by Neo Chade Thu May 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Thats a damn good job. Certainly better than what I tend to put out, very neat.
    An army of them will look fantastic, no doubt.

Chop chop, get to it man.

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-apply-waterslide-transfers.html
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri May 25, 2012 1:37 am

Thank you, I screwed him up pretty bad at the start, I thought I had completely ruined his face when I put the black paint on too thick and had bad light, I was going to break the head off and paint another one. The first batch of models I sprayed were pretty bad, I got too close with the can, that model wasn't too bad but the one I'm painting now was the worst affected.

Doing my worst painting nightmare right now, FACES! I have never painted faces well, I've watched a few videos on it, I've no idea how people paint faces with any kind of detail it's insane. Last night I did the skin better than I thought but when I decided to add the whites of the eye's one side looked like the eye had come out of the socket! (If you are interested I mixed the white paint with the lightest shade of skin colour, because the whites of my eyes at least aren't white) I for some stupid reason used my finger nail on the paint and ended up scratching the paint down to the base layers of the armour paint... So I ruined that side of the face and had to either try again or make that eye scarred. I tried again and it's sort of ok again. I've given him yellow eye's kind of like this but not so strongly coloured:

Warhammer 40k - Page 4 Snarling-Gray-Wolf-006

The eye's are looking ok in this light, I'll be interested to see how they look in the day light.

It is so boring painting the whole model with it's base coat of the Fang and then painting the whole model again in my Grey Hunter Grey mixture.

Thanks for the link to that decals tips.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Fri May 25, 2012 9:19 am

Sorry missed the photo, as Mia says damn good job! the glare under the stand looks like his on a flying disk.

Last edited by Visage on Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content