The Ragol Arms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arms Ep III

Heading back to Ragol ? Maybe ..

5 posters

Skyrim

Darkstone
    Darkstone

Skyrim - Page 3 Empty Re: Skyrim

Post by Darkstone Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:50 pm

Finally caved in and installed this today after having it sat on my desk since 11-11-11. Just playing around with a few mods at the moment, mostly shader and FX gizmos for screenshooting and desperately waiting for DaRN or something similar to sort out the awful menus.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 am

I’ve got used to the menu now it’s designed for a controller (something oblivion didn’t even support despite being a condole port) but yep agreed it’s not good if using mouse & keyboard.

Steering clear of mods for a while, I want to sink a good few hours into the vanilla game first, the only ones I touch are to enhance performance. I’ve taken it of ultra and play on high now, it runs better in the bigger cities. I was getting headaches and I think it was because it was flickering even though I couldn’t see it and fraps was in the 40’s, Still looks amazing but there is definitely room for improvement, the blood looks like Tesco’s ketchup, the better blood mod will be one of the first I use once I start down that path.
    Oh and Sons getting Skyrim on 360 for xmas, it will be interesting to see how it compaires.
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Just a few screenies from my game, got a few mods running but nothing that touches the game mechanics, mostly graphic and shader enhancers.

Skyrim - Page 3 Gallery_470_10_92163

Skyrim - Page 3 Gallery_470_10_151332

Skyrim - Page 3 Gallery_470_10_165849

Skyrim - Page 3 Gallery_470_10_66870

Skyrim - Page 3 Gallery_470_10_115261

Skyrim - Page 3 Gallery_470_10_140474

Skyrim - Page 3 Gallery_470_10_81622
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Best dragon screen I've seen.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Ok well I'm getting this tomorrow as long as it doesn't snow too bad. I'm also going to try and get some Christmas pressents, but I've no idea how that will go, I've no idea what I'm going to buy...
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Ok it's pretty good. I think this game has my favourite fire spell, they are usually soo lame looking, I don't usually go for magic types but I couldn't help but pick to be one in this game. One thing though, I quite often end up attacking people that are on my side or neutral.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Got everything maxed, it's running perfectly fine, seems like the game is capped at 60fps, mine goes down into the 50's and sometimes into the high 40's, usually when a lots going on. Not been to any cities yet I'm still at that first town, well the first one after the start area. Taking my time in this game like I did with Red Dead, I'm roleplaying a bit, at least with the clothes I'm wearing, I'm more interested in the way it looks than what it does.

Bought the raise zombie spell and revived a dead enemy... it didn't go too well for me, she turned on me.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:52 am

Ugggh for goodness sake I was attacked by bandits and in the confusion I ended up attacking my companion, it's so hard to tell everyone apart...

Are you guys having this problem?
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:05 pm

I leave my companion at home she brake sneak all the time, and I'm guessing area affect magic is getting your companion, I've not checked but there could be a trait in one of the magic trees to help with that.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:12 pm

I'll look at the magic tree's and see, the basic flame thing isn't area of affect, it's just a beam of fire that hits one thing. It's more really that I just can't tell who is friendly and who isn't, and they can step into my way as well sometimes.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:17 am

Decided to walk up those 7000 steps to that grey beard place... It took quite a while, very rewarding to see it, I think walking it is really the only way to do go visit them.
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:32 am

I got about half way up and realised those shrines along the way had a message in each of them, so I ran back to the bottom and started back up the steps again but reading the shrines on the way. Rolling Eyes

Fenon wrote:I'll look at the magic tree's and see, the basic flame thing isn't area of affect, it's just a beam of fire that hits one thing. It's more really that I just can't tell who is friendly and who isn't, and they can step into my way as well sometimes.
    Skyrim Companions are dumb, Oblivion had some very good companion mods, the one I used could be set to ranged and only attack if I do. you can bet the people who developed those mods will do the same for Skyrim, just consider it as a good beta for now, the mod community soon have Skyrim running as it should.
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Bloody hell... My sister came over tonight and they bought me Skyrim for Christmas...
    Visage
    Visage

Post by Visage Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Well its taken a while but I’ve now finished the main quest, While I enjoyed the last few parts of the main story I’m a bit deflated that there is very little to no recognition to what you have archived from the ncp’s, even once that were at the council towards the end have just returned to their standard chat responses.

Well at least I can now start a fresh with some of the new mods that have appeared since I’ve been away from Skyrim. Very Happy
    Darkstone
    Darkstone

Post by Darkstone Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 pm

You'll just have time to finish up everything before Dragonborn comes out on Feb 5 th Smile
    Fenon
    Fenon

Post by Fenon Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:43 pm

I've been playing a lot of Skyrim as of late, I had about 150+ hours on the game but hadn't actually done much, I'm at 230+ now.

I've been playing as an archer and well I've pretty much just been shooting animals in the bum, not trying to but my arrows just home in on their asses.

I've had the game since I guess not long after release but I've not even come close to finishing it yet or at least the main story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am